MCI D4500CT #2211

aemoreira81

Hey guys, I like the look of these newer MCIs... why were they in storage and what has brough them back out? I take it the taillights on this unit were retrofitted and not the standard taillights?

Hey guys, I like the look of these newer MCIs... why were they in storage and what has brough them back out? I take it the taillights on this unit were retrofitted and not the standard taillights?

No, those are MCI standard taillights. That's the design now.

It had something to do with the exhaust gas being too hot when it came out the pipe. Apparently it's fixed now.

OK, so is this a recent delivery or formerly from another system? It is a very distinctive MCI shape in my eyes, but I do wonder about the exterior designs of the buses delivered in the late 90s-2000. I have to say that the RTS looks more modern from the exterior than some of the low-floors getting around!

Nice pics

Man, the back looks like something from outer space.

Like a Space Shuttle lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man I dont like the design much its looks more like the older ones, more like a rebuilt version. How about a new design!! Like the Vanhool Double Decker version!

OK, so is this a recent delivery or formerly from another system? It is a very distinctive MCI shape in my eyes, but I do wonder about the exterior designs of the buses delivered in the late 90s-2000. I have to say that the RTS looks more modern from the exterior than some of the low-floors getting around!

Recent delivery. Well, not-so-recent since they've been sitting in a yard for some time, but the (MTA) ordered these buses.

Like a Space Shuttle lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man I dont like the design much its looks more like the older ones, more like a rebuilt version. How about a new design!! Like the Vanhool Double Decker version!

It's still a D4500, the same model that the (MTA) has been ordering from MCI. Of course it's going to look like the older ones.

How long has the D4500 model been around for? Was this the successor to the MC12? What running gear does it have, and is it an automatic, automated crashbox or a manual?

How long has the D4500 model been around for? Was this the successor to the MC12? What running gear does it have, and is it an automatic, automated crashbox or a manual?

It has been around since 1994. It replaced the C series. The MC-12 was built only for Greyhound.

Archived