QM4 stuff

Aqueduct

This line is the one I take on a daily basis. The 5:45 am is the coach bus, the 6:05 and other various times of the day a local bus being used for the express route. The local buses being used on our route to be put kindly are in poor shape. I called the MTA about this and the person I was talking to said the reason they use local buses for my route is because it is a short route. I doubt this, I have seen other routes that are longer use the locals. Are my thoughts that my route is getting the shaft baseless?

This line is the one I take on a daily basis. The 5:45 am is the coach bus, the 6:05 and other various times of the day a local bus being used for the express route. The local buses being used on our route to be put kindly are in poor shape. I called the MTA about this and the person I was talking to said the reason they use local buses for my route is because it is a short route. I doubt this, I have seen other routes that are longer use the locals. Are my thoughts that my route is getting the shaft baseless?

I live along the line as well. You must be mistaken as those "Local" buses in question are Orion V CNG's with Soft Seats. I don't mind riding them and those buses (At least the 72XX's) are in good shape if you ask me. Sometimes a hard seater would show up just to make service. Some of the hard seat ones are not in the best of shape however I have seen worse from some other garages like LGA and some of The Bronx Garages.

Just be greatful that you even got a bus at all! I read an article that some garages are short on manpower due to not being able to get new driver's into the garage quickly enough and it has been causing plenty of missed trips as it is.

It's not baseless, but I don't think College Point is intentionally sending out Orion's just to shaft you QM4 riders..... They run on the Qm1a pretty often.... During the PM rush, I've been on a couple of QM2's during the PM rush that they were ran on... I almost always see them on the QM2a & the QM3... Each of those routes are longer than the QM4...

Archived