Did i screw up?

Olegkha

GURU HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I have a ticket from 1.5 or so year ago in NYC for talking on the cell phone

and today i got a ticket in Delaware for driving with no seatbelt ( because it was on the parking lot it is only a CIVIL ticket, not criminal) and Officer pointed out that its only CIVIL TICKET

do i have to show that to MTA and does that means two tickets and i have 0 chances now ?

Does any one have any good knowledge on this ?

do i have to show that to MTA and does that means two tickets and i have 0 chances now

I'm sorry to here about your tickets.:P

:cry: I was wondering about a ticket i got last year to. It's not on my abstract. because I went to DMV to check it out. My lawyer told me today that Most likely it will be thrown out. but I'm wondering if that will keep me from being able to move on. I don't have any points. I don't know weather I should be :) or :):cry:

Please if anyone can tell us anything that can help.please do.

I know you can't have more then 4 points, & No more then 2 accidents on your license.

But thats all I know. please help!!!!

Oleg:I don't know who the GURU is on here but it's most certainly not me. My opinion is that both offenses are minor,don't think it will prevent you from getting hired.

I would have a lawyer lined up just in case,since dealing with the MTA at any time can be a headache.

Lovelyday:DMV Abstract goes back 7 years right? Thumbs up to you for having a lawyer on your side,I agree with him,I don't think you have anything to worry about.

What was the ticket for that you got last year? If you had no points off your license,you should be ok. take a chill pill...take 2 of them just in case...:cool:

What was the ticket for that you got last year? If you had no points off your license,you should be ok. take a chill pill...take 2 of them just in case...:cool:

Thanks Locomotion69. LOL yeah I needed that LOL.

But on the real I was stressing because he gave me a dubb. ticket.

One just says ( No comm vehicle) the other one says (Bus on FDR drive permit violation). (The Date: Sept 19 08 & The time on the tickets was 7:09 am.) FDR N/B Montguncry st.

The permit that I had is from DOT. Annual Highway Travel Permit

Witch allowed me to drive the school bus on the FDR.

Valid while transporting students. Date: oct 1 2007 - sept 30 2008 From 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM. The only Conditions & Restrictions Is On the FDR drive No Vehicles in excess of 8000lbs includs the weight of passengers & Cargo from 23st. - 63st N/S bound. I wasn't any where nere those exits.

At the time the officer stopped me. I was Exiting off the FDR heading North bound at houstin. at 7:09 AM. with my matrin on the bus with me. For the perpose picking up the children to take them to school. We was going to pick up my first child.

Now my date to go back to court is on Spet 08 2009. this is why I was stressing. :P This realy stinks. He had no valid reason for pulling me over to begin with. :tdown:

I've had my license for three years now with no points up till now. I got a Absreact of my driving record. 05-19-09. I have no points. But I don't know what MTA will say about it. :) I can't help but worry.

What the flock? You didn't deserve to get that ticket on the FDR,I guess that cop had to meet his quota for the day. I bet when he pulled you over he pointed at your commercial license plate.:D

I can relate to that somewhat. Back in 1990 I got pulled over on the Grand Central Parkway for driving a cargo van with commercial plates(the cop must have had really good eyesight)anyway I paid the ticket,back then it was $90.00 but no points were taken off my drivers license,believe me I checked because I was worried about my auto insurance rates going up.

Remember whatever the MTA says isn't written in stone...hell no!

GURU HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I have a ticket from 1.5 or so year ago in NYC for talking on the cell phone

and today i got a ticket in Delaware for driving with no seatbelt ( because it was on the parking lot it is only a CIVIL ticket, not criminal) and Officer pointed out that its only CIVIL TICKET

do i have to show that to MTA and does that means two tickets and i have 0 chances now ?

Does any one have any good knowledge on this ?

cell phone ticket: did you pay the fine? or have you get this ticket settled? if this ticket is settled, all you need to do is call DMV and find out the info of this ticket. and then fill it out on the pre-employment package.

no seatbelt ticket: do you have a court date for it? if No, then just pay the fine and have it settle. DO NOT challenge this ticket, because if you have a court day, then you need to wait until this ticket being settled.

i believe you need to go back to delaware's DMV for a statement about this ticket. show it to MTA in your on your pre-employment day.

Thanks Locomotion69. LOL yeah I needed that LOL.

But on the real I was stressing because he gave me a dubb. ticket.

One just says ( No comm vehicle) the other one says (Bus on FDR drive permit violation). (The Date: Sept 19 08 & The time on the tickets was 7:09 am.) FDR N/B Montguncry st.

The permit that I had is from DOT. Annual Highway Travel Permit

Witch allowed me to drive the school bus on the FDR.

Valid while transporting students. Date: oct 1 2007 - sept 30 2008 From 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM. The only Conditions & Restrictions Is On the FDR drive No Vehicles in excess of 8000lbs includs the weight of passengers & Cargo from 23st. - 63st N/S bound. I wasn't any where nere those exits.

At the time the officer stopped me. I was Exiting off the FDR heading North bound at houstin. at 7:09 AM. with my matrin on the bus with me. For the perpose picking up the children to take them to school. We was going to pick up my first child.

Now my date to go back to court is on Spet 08 2009. this is why I was stressing. :D This realy stinks. He had no valid reason for pulling me over to begin with. :tdown:

I've had my license for three years now with no points up till now. I got a Absreact of my driving record. 05-19-09. I have no points. But I don't know what MTA will say about it. :) I can't help but worry.

you do have a problem, it is the court day. you need to settle the ticket before the pre-employment process. it looks like you need to wait after sept 08 to continue the process. so just go to 180 livingstion on your appointment day. tell them this ticket. then they probably will send you back home and have this ticket solved. you will be on a HOLD.

you do have a problem, it is the court day. you need to settle the ticket before the pre-employment process. it looks like you need to wait after sept 08 to continue the process. so just go to 180 livingstion on your appointment day. tell them this ticket. then they probably will send you back home and have this ticket solved. you will be on a HOLD.

OOOOOOOO NO :):confused:I can't wait till then. Is there anything else that I can do. should I just pled guilty and just take what ever they give me. So I can start on time. :D OO no I think I'm going to be sick.

OOOOOOOO NO :):confused:I can't wait till then. Is there anything else that I can do. should I just pled guilty and just take what ever they give me. So I can start on time. :D OO no I think I'm going to be sick.

i think the best way for you to do is to avoid a court day. which is plead guilty & pay the fine. this way, all you need to do is write down the ticket info on the pre-empolyment package. however, you should call them up or go to 180 in person asap. ask them what you need to do.

btw, when is your appointment date?

I got a ticket years a few years back in Vermont. I paid it. It never showed up on driving abstract. Why? New York does not put out of state moving violations on NYS DMV records. Only some Canadian provinces, it will show up here......

If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.

If you do not respond to a ticket or fail to pay a fine for a moving violation that you committed in any state except Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon or Wisconsin, the DMV suspends your NYS driver license until you respond to the ticket or pay the fine. If a driver from a state except these six states fails to respond to a traffic ticket issued in NYS, their driver license will be suspended until the driver responds to the traffic ticket in NYS.

Drivers from other states must contact the DMV in their home state to get information about the effect of a traffic violation conviction that occurs in NYS.

If you receive a conviction for an alcohol-related or drug-related driving violation in any state, your NYS driver license is revoked for at least six months.

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm#tickets

I don't believe it will stop you from getting Hired by (MTA) but if they ask you to list it you may want to do it because if they find out later they could fire you for lying.

Thank you so much... I feel so so very sad!!! I feel so hurt to my hart. I know the tickets will be dismissed. I have to report May 28th. I have my proof of it. I feel so broken harted. :D:(

cell phone ticket: did you pay the fine? or have you get this ticket settled? if this ticket is settled, all you need to do is call DMV and find out the info of this ticket. and then fill it out on the pre-employment package.

no seatbelt ticket: do you have a court date for it? if No, then just pay the fine and have it settle. DO NOT challenge this ticket, because if you have a court day, then you need to wait until this ticket being settled.

i believe you need to go back to delaware's DMV for a statement about this ticket. show it to MTA in your on your pre-employment day.

Cell, yes i paid the ticket right away, and that was 11.5 month ago

seat belt , i called the court last night, they sad its a Civil ticket and will not be reported to DMV. so i think i will keep this one to my self ( right ? if its not in dmv that means MTA dont care about it. They only ask for DMV and criminal)

seat belt , i called the court last night, they sad its a Civil ticket and will not be reported to DMV. so i think i will keep this one to my self ( right ? if its not in dmv that means MTA dont care about it. They only ask for DMV and criminal)

I read once about a piece of advice that somebody gave on another message board..."If it wasn't on paper,don't put it down." Interpret that whichever way you choose.

I just ordered my drivers abstract through the DMV website($10.00)for my own records and just to make sure that it is clean.

http://www.nysdmv.com/driverabstract/default.html

i think it could be the problem for the '19A'. on the 1st day you report to zerega, it's paper work day. which you need to fill out a form for 19A. we all need to have 19A status in order to drive the bus for MTA. the fact that the form itself asks us to fill out --> all ticket we got in the past '10 years'. and now, it could be DMV and the state to do the investigation...

i don't know man, just try to give you more info

Talk with a lady from TA today. I told her about my problem. She said You can not have any pendding tickets. you will have to take care of it. and have proof of it when on the date you have to report. If not they will put me back on hold until the ticket is clear in sept.

She told me to take the ticket back to the court and show them my request to report to transit next week. show them also the proof that I'm in clear of the charges. and just see what they will tell me. Maybe they will push it for next week. She said if they don't push it for next week then TA will have to put me on hold.

So I asked her if I plead guilty and they give me 2 points will that be ok.

She said I would be fine as long as they don't give me more then 4 points.

She said if they hit me with more then 4 then I would be out all together for another three years. My lawyer said they won't give me more then 2 points.

So in that case I would be ok to report next week. "so far:

Now I'm doing my own investigation. If I can find it. I know for a fact that they will find it.

She said it don't matter where you get the ticket in state or out of state as long as you have proof that you took care of it. & you don't have more then 4 points. you must bring in the recepit of it. she said because it may not show up on my abstract when they first check it. but when it does and they see that I didn't tell & show them about it. it will cost you, your job.

Talk with a lady from TA today. I told her about my problem. She said You can not have any pendding tickets. you will have to take care of it. and have proof of it when on the date you have to report. If not they will put me back on hold until the ticket is clear in sept.

She told me to take the ticket back to the court and show them my request to report to transit next week. show them also the proof that I'm in clear of the charges. and just see what they will tell me. Maybe they will push it for next week. She said if they don't push it for next week then TA will have to put me on hold.

She said if they hit me with more then 4 then I would be out all together for another three years. My lawyer said they won't give me more then 2 points.

Now I'm doing my own investigation. If I can find it. I know for a fact that they will find it.

She said it don't matter where you get the ticket in state or out of state as long as you have proof that you took care of it. & you don't have more then 4 points. you must bring in the recepit of it. she said because it may not show up on my abstract when they first check it. but when it does and they see that I didn't tell & show them about it. it will cost you, your job.

so you better take care of it before 28th, trust me, you don't want any delay during the pre-emp process. any 'HOLD' will cost your seniority being higher. good luck :(

so you better take care of it before 28th, trust me, you don't want any delay during the pre-emp process. any 'HOLD' will cost your seniority being higher. good luck :(

Thank You Ditja. I'm going down there tomorrow to show them what I have.

So they can see what the ticket is about. and show them my proof that the ticket will not stand. Because I have both of my D.O.T permits for the bus I was driving at the time. And see what they tell me. It says to tell them of any pendding tickets. As long as I don't lie to them or try to hide it. I really want this job. But it wouldn't be right to have points put on my license that can hurt me latter down the line. I'll let everyone know what happens when I get back. if I wait till sept I know that will bump me back as to my seniority. Which means I will have to wait till the next go around. That would be so sad:(. But I have to protect my CDL. Thats my money maker I can't risk that. I hope they let me go and just see what happens. I don't want to pass up this job either. Now adays work is so hard to fine. This is not a easy choice for me to make at all:confused:.

But again I want to thank all of you for all your encouragement. :tup: :)

Guess no one read my post on this page, and the NYSDMV words.......

I think that they may have changed things sense you came in. because on my letter to report they tell you to tell them about any tickets even out of state tickets. And they want proof that it was paid and taken care of.

if it doesn't matter when it comes down to out of state matters. then tell are just given people a hard way to go for nothing. Maybe it's to scare people off.

I thought you said you have to report on the 28th(Thursday). Where are you going tomorrow?

Yes I have to report on the 28th thursday. I was told to speak with someone from TA. Because they just want proof that I wont end up with more then four points. So I have to show them my permits that clears me of the tickets. So I can go on to training. I hope they will work with me.

Archived