A express 125th to 59th OpenBVE

Exactly where do I download the trains to use for the program? Becuase I downloaded the program and I am anxious but I have no clue as to where the trains are found!

Nice vid.

One BVE 2 & 4 my frame rate has been going really slow, and this never happened before. Now in openBVE it's just fine, I just don't like the sounds.. so I can even run Trainz w/o problems, but this game is giving me trouble, I think it's time to go to my folks at bvestation for help unless anyone can explain?! :confused:

openBVE runs faster than BVE2 and 4 because of the extensive code that it is founded on.

Theoretically, if you can run a somewhat detailed route in Trainz such as the Harlem Line, then BVE should have fairly decent frame-rates.

Does the situation also apply to the BVE routes at b-v-e.info? Try one of those routes. If that also lags, then there might be something wrong with your .NET framework. Re-download the newest version to see if it will still clear up.

REMINDER: BVE is very complicated when it comes to rendering the objects. When the objects are loading, DO NOT interrupt the process by clicking on another program. It'll hang there with twice the amount of rendering time that it usually takes! :) Plus, highly detailed routes such as the new (Q) line by JayJay might lag horrendously on older computers.

• 2 months later...
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

go to http://www.bvestation.com

On the bvestation site i only saw downloadable trains that are BVE2 and BVE4 compatible but some of them are useable in OpenBVE although not all of them have external views (i found 4 trains that run good in OpenBVE with external views: 2 versions of the R46 and 2 versions of the R42). Sumone on their forums told me that the 7 Express has a bot train in the route and a fine train object on Route L can be used to make external view :

OPENBVE-BE_NYCTRAIN_R6304_ROUTE_L.jpg

On the bvestation site i only saw downloadable trains that are BVE2 and BVE4 compatible but some of them are useable in OpenBVE although not all of them have external views (i found 4 trains that run good in OpenBVE with external views: 2 versions of the R46 and 2 versions of the R42).

All BVE 2 & 4 content should run fine in OpenBVE.

Yeah except for the exrernal views. I downloaded all nyc trains from the bvestation site and only the R46 and the R42 had external views.

You can always equip the default trains with the external views. It's a simple procedure and I'm sure there's a tutorial on BVEStation that shows you how to do it.

Well i posted the same train object pic that i did post here and kinda asked for help on their forums about how to make exterior views with it and they replied sumthin like

u'd better rather wait till the proffesional external views are created by a few of us than making them urself
, so i think they are like the magicians keepin it like the trick's secrets for themselves. I only got the info from them that the object trains can be used to make exterior views. But WHO KNOWS HOW?

• 3 weeks later...
Well i posted the same train object pic that i did post here and kinda asked for help on their forums about how to make exterior views with it and they replied sumthin like , so i think they are like the magicians keepin it like the trick's secrets for themselves. I only got the info from them that the object trains can be used to make exterior views. But WHO KNOWS HOW?

I know what you mean....I hate it when people don't help out. Here's some info I found.

http://openbve.trainsimcentral.co.uk/develop/train_overview.html

Ask me if you need anymore help, m'kay? ;)

-Robert (JFK)

Archived