Image Posting - Read!

New York City Transit Forum Members:

It is Imperative that while posting images, we display photos in their respected forum. Countless times, I see members mixing O/T with Subway, or Buses with Metro North, etc.... No more! Harry created New York City Transit Forums with multiple threads for a reason.... If your going to display images, don't feel free to mix Long Island Rail Road and New Jersey Transit Together. Then, whats the point of all the work, Harry puts into the site? I want this place to be Neat, Concise, & Clear, so our 'guests' can become members, and our member count rises.

Separate your images!

Thank you,

Zach

Administrator

Agree.

1-3 bonus shots after 15 on topic images, sure, but otherwise no.

- A

If that's the policy then I'm fine with it. Sometimes if I take say, 30 pictures, and only 1 of them is from NYCB, making a whole different thread with only one photo in it seems kind of pointless. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the RBO forum? MTA Bus and NYCB should be one forum now.

New York City Transit Forum Members:

It is Imperative that while posting images, we display photos in their respected forum. Countless times, I see members mixing O/T with Subway, or Buses with Metro North, etc.... No more! Harry created New York City Transit Forums with multiple threads for a reason.... If your going to display images, don't feel free to mix Long Island Rail Road and New Jersey Transit Together. Then, whats the point of all the work, Harry puts into the site? I want this place to be Neat, Concise, & Clear, so our 'guests' can become members, and our member count rises.

Separate your images!

Thank you,

Zach

Administrator

I previously said that there are too many subdivisions and that some threads should be combined (ie PATH and HBLR). Whenever I railfan or busfan I take pics of multiple agencies. It's extremely tedious to separate the pics by their respective agencies. For example, if I'm on Jamaica Avenue and Parsons Blvd I shouldn't have to post a Q65 pic and Q56 pic in two different threads, even though the pics were taken at the same exact spot. The same goes with Penn Station, Hoboken, and any other place where there are multiple transportation options.

I previously said that there are too many subdivisions and that some threads should be combined (ie PATH and HBLR). Whenever I railfan or busfan I take pics of multiple agencies. It's extremely tedious to separate the pics by their respective agencies. For example, if I'm on Jamaica Avenue and Parsons Blvd I shouldn't have to post a Q65 pic and Q56 pic in two different threads, even though the pics were taken at the same exact spot. The same goes with Penn Station, Hoboken, and any other place where there are multiple transportation options.

I always separate my photos by what the subject is, not the location.PATH doesn't allow photography, so that should't even be an issue, but if you do get photos, they fit fine in other us transit, because that's what it is. HBLR is soundly under (NJT) rail. RiverLine also, as well as NCS, which is light rail too. Part of being a railfan for me is to make sure i separate the subject matter properly, i used to take hundreds of photos a day & sorted through each one & uploaded all the similar ones in a group to photobucket, then went back & picked through to form the next group, all based in their respective types, (NJT) light rail, (NJT)heavy rail, amtrak, :septa: bus, :septa: rail, (MTA) LIRR, (MTA) subway.

- A

If that's the policy then I'm fine with it. Sometimes if I take say, 30 pictures, and only 1 of them is from NYCB, making a whole different thread with only one photo in it seems kind of pointless. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the RBO forum? MTA Bus and NYCB should be one forum now.

What's RBO?

Archived