Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
DJ MC

R26, R28, R29 cars

They were not Redbirds till General Overhaul(GOH) came in , in the 80s. They ran on the (2)(4)(5)(6). With some R33s

One more question, but it's slightly off topic. Will they use an R21/R22 on the TOMC in the future?

Nope, unless they start running work trains in the TOMC :)

I hate to say it but 7770-71 is going to be reefed, That pair was at Carnarse for 2 years then at ENY until april of 2009, Now its at 207th st, They let that pair sit and rot, I know there is another pair also and its at unionport yard, As for the R21/22, The only one that can run in the with the TOMC is The Money Cars at the Transit Museum they are the only ones operational, The rest of the R21/22 Work motors were reefed in January 2008, The other R21 that was in the TOMC Mod trip back in 2005 is now at that railway musem in Branford.

I hate to say it but 7770-71 is going to be reefed, That pair was at Carnarse for 2 years then at ENY until april of 2009, Now its at 207th st, They let that pair sit and rot, I know there is another pair also and its at unionport yard, As for the R21/22, The only one that can run in the with the TOMC is The Money Cars at the Transit Museum they are the only ones operational, The rest of the R21/22 Work motors were reefed in January 2008, The other R21 that was in the TOMC Mod trip back in 2005 is now at that railway musem in Branford.

The R21 is at Seashore in Maine. We don't have an R21 in Branford though it might have been cool.

Yep, All of those redbirds The R26,28,29 and the R36WF's are Museum cars, A TA worker told me that a while ago. And some of them do Work service as well (R33ML's)

You know on nycsubway.org they have not updated the R26,R28,R29 section since 2007. R32 3838 thanks for the info. Hopefully in the future the R21/R22 cars that are at the Museum are put on the TOMCs. Two more things, is there any videos of the R21/R22s in action? The only video I can think of with those cars in action was the movie The Taking of Pelham One Two Three. Plus did the R21/R22 sound just like the Arnines? Sorry if i got off topic here, I think I should have changed the title to surviving carbon steel cars.

R21/R22 sounded similar to any GE redbird.

As far as videos of them "in action", today's your lucky day (not my video)

That video makes me wish I rode a Redbird on the (6).
lol i miss them on teh (5).:P

I miss them on the (5) and the (2).
agreed and the (4)as well