D Lines Squeaks Out A "C-" On Rider Report Card

Trainspotter

D Lines Squeaks Out A "C-" On Rider Report Card

While the D line didn't get a D on the rider report card released today, it didn't do a whole lot better.

Straphangers gave the subway line, which connects the Norwood section of the Bronx down to Coney Island, a C-.

The categories of reasonable wait times, security, and signs to help customers were all in the C range, with wait times being the biggest concern.

More than 4,000 people participated in the seventh rider report card survey.

For a complete look at the Rider Report Card results, go to http://www.mta.info.

From NY1 News

All of this is just a ploy to get the fare increase. With those grades the MTA can now say "if you want your lines to have better grades, then we will need more personnel, tools etc.. to make it work. We have to increase the fares to pay for this."

All of this is just a ploy to get the fare increase. With those grades the MTA can now say "if you want your lines to have better grades, then we will need more personnel, tools etc.. to make it work. We have to increase the fares to pay for this."

I could live with that. More trains would be nice ('cause I want to be a TO) so we'll see about that...

I can't believe the D received a C-. The D is one of the City's most useful lines.

The only con , I can see in reguards to the D is , not stopping at DeKalb Av on weekends. ( But thats a whole other discussion topic;) )

I guess being useful is one thing. But being clean, safe, on time is another. It probably deserved a B- or at least C+.

I agree, most of the grades are merely passing C's. Well, I think the State government should send more funds into the MTA and delay the hike for about a year or two.

That's what we're all dreaming about. Most likely it will be just that, a dream.

Archived