R32/R32A Discussions

Harry

I would like to know what you guys think of this kick-ass subway car.

r32-r32a.jpg

Photo by Rich Panse 2006

Car: R32/R32A

Manufacturer: Budd

Year: 1964

Division: B (BMT/IND)

Car Numbers: 3350-3650/3650-3949

Good quality, lighter than most other cars, fast accelaration and good speed. Better looking than the R34's, R38's, R40's, R40 Modifieds and the R42. They werent perfect but almost.

They were fast. I remember them racing thru the 4th Avenue line express tunnels. They used basically the same traction motors and braking of the R27 and still weighed less. If you asked any subway motorman who piloted an R32 he/she would probably say they're one the best to drive.

I like the R32s. They are speedy on the E especially Jamaica bound, and there are a couple on the B which is a speedy line in Brooklyn, and in Manhattan too. They are cool since they can seat up to 8 people per bench, and I like the corrated sides too.

• 3 weeks later...

My brother was a train operator for a number of years (Now TD) and he says the best train by far is the R32. Good Speed and braking and cheapest train to maintain. Plus its made out of stainless steel.

1.R32

2.R46 2 Best trains

My brother was a train operator for a number of years (Now TD) and he says the best train by far is the R32. Good Speed and braking and cheapest train to maintain. Plus its made out of stainless steel.

1.R32

2.R46 2 Best trains

IAWTP!

They are and always will be the best. I'd rather see R32s take over the MTA rather then these R160s. Pisses me the hell off. They can keep their trains we don't want them. I want american trains. The R32 is the best train in the system. And I'll tell ya guys right now, R32s are not going ANYWHERE for a LONG time. They have the best braking and throttle, and they are the cheapest to maintain. Also they are made of pure stainless steel. I mean the R160s and R143s are cool trains, but I don't like japped stuff and I rather have our old trains back. Like the R42s/Slant40s that use to operate the L.

They are and always will be the best. I'd rather see R32s take over the MTA rather then these R160s. Pisses me the hell off. They can keep their trains we don't want them. I want american trains. The R32 is the best train in the system. And I'll tell ya guys right now, R32s are not going ANYWHERE for a LONG time. They have the best braking and throttle, and they are the cheapest to maintain. Also they are made of pure stainless steel. I mean the R160s and R143s are cool trains, but I don't like japped stuff and I rather have our old trains back. Like the R42s/Slant40s that use to operate the L.

I feel your passion but just tone down the profanity and racial comments. Please.

Harry

I feel your passion but just tone down the profanity and racial comments. Please.

Harry

I was in a bad mood lol, And I don't agree with the "Racial Comments" Kawasaki is a Japanese company. "Japped" is not a racial slur.

Archived