Questions about the B1 and Manhattan Beach.

ItaketheB1

Hi, I take the B1 every morning and its always packed, and the buses are very old and unsightly...same thing goes for the B36 which I also take often.

So, my question is, why do only 2 buses go to Manhattan Beach (B1, B49), and why is the B1 not updated with the fancy B49 buses.

Forgive me for asking such random questions, but my morning bus routine is growing tiresome :).

B1 is out of Ulmer Park Depot.

B36 is out of Ulmer Park Depot.

B49 is out of Flatbush Depot.

Ulmer Park Depot has RTS buses for local routes, and MCI Coaches for Express Routes.

Flatbush has RTS's and the new Orion VII's Next Generation Hybrid Electric buses.

That is why you see those newer buses on the B49, then on the B1 or B36.

Hi, I take the B1 every morning and its always packed, and the buses are very old and unsightly...same thing goes for the B36 which I also take often.

So, my question is, why do only 2 buses go to Manhattan Beach (B1, B49), and why is the B1 not updated with the fancy B49 buses.

Forgive me for asking such random questions, but my morning bus routine is growing tiresome :P.

Ulmer park is soppsed to get those fancy buses you see on the B49 in the near future. But, be careful what you wish for, the inside of those fancy buses on the B49 are very cramped and smaller than the old buses. Which means more crowding!!

Btw do you ever get an bus on the B1 that has carpet seats? If so those buses are not as old as the ones with plastic seats plus some of them recently got overhauled.

Ulmer park is soppsed to get those fancy buses you see on the B49 in the near future. But, be careful what you wish for, the inside of those fancy buses on the B49 are very cramped and smaller than the old buses. Which means more crowding!!

Btw do you ever get an bus on the B1 that has carpet seats? If so those buses are not as old as the ones with plastic seats plus some of them recently got overhauled.

Good Question....

They (UP) usually run those buses w/ the (raggedy) soft seats on the B74 (most common), B36, and the B64.... Think I may have been on one, on the B3 yrs. ago....

Never been, or seen em on a B1, or a B6....

Guest Charles

Do they generally use the RTSs with coach seating on lesser used lines, like what happens at Casey Stengel and the Orion Vs?

will it be more intresting if Ulmer Park depot recieve new Orion7NG

they will give up the RTS send them to West Farms depot

West Farms depot will retire 1993 orion5 #100 - #200 series

and they will reiceve ulmer park depot RTS nova bus

and Ulmer park depot recieve new orion7NG

Do they generally use the RTSs with coach seating on lesser used lines, like what happens at Casey Stengel and the Orion Vs?

Those surbubans RTS at Ulmer park don't have the surbuban seats anymore. When they did have them, I seen them on the B6 quite often, which is the busiest route out of UP. I seen them on the B1 and B3 which are also busy routes, the MTA should make UP an 100% Artic depot the B64 could go to JG and UP would get the B68.

ive taken those soft seat buses on the B1 and B6 before and they're not that bad. But, its not good for the B6 route because:

1. The B6 is a long route.

2. It's always crowded because you got passengers that travel between East New York and Flatbush Av (2)(5) station, and more customers between The Flatbush Av (2)(5) station to Bensonhurst.

3. The Only time you'll get a NOT SO CROWDED B6 is at Night.

Never been, or seen em on a B1, or a B6....

I rode the B1 every day for 4 years in high school (I went to Xaverian on Shore Road) and alot of the buses had the soft seats which were great in the morning but made that bus seem campt in the after noon as school let out.

Those surbubans RTS at Ulmer park don't have the surbuban seats anymore. When they did have them, I seen them on the B6 quite often, which is the busiest route out of UP. I seen them on the B1 and B3 which are also busy routes, the MTA should make UP an 100% Artic depot the B64 could go to JG and UP would get the B68.

They cant make UP 100% artic. You have express buses and depot cannot fit artics on the parking lot and the lifts.

I rode the B1 every day for 4 years in high school (I went to Xaverian on Shore Road) and alot of the buses had the soft seats which were great in the morning but made that bus seem campt in the after noon as school let out.

ive taken those soft seat buses on the B1 and B6 before and they're not that bad.

Just for the record, I wasn't hinting that they don't run em on the B1 or the B6...

So UP runs those buses w/ the soft seats on all their local routes... Good to know...

Thanks for the info :tup:

Archived