2Line1291's R188 & R62A Proposal

2Line1291

PPLZ stop doubtin and thinkin logically. Have a little imagination. My proposal isn't even that bad and I already know that the 2 & 5 switch trains, but that isnt gonna make me uneasy about my idea though.

I agree, yall people take this subway stuff too seriously. I had an idea that the (3) & (4) should swap fleets so those R62s could be in good shape and well mantained by Jerome yard. While the R142/A would go to the (3) and be ran into the ground by Livonia yard!

The (5) would use the R33ML cars and before you people start compaining about Flatbush ave they could refit the 33s and 62As with "Automatic Rollsign changers" which would be controlled from the C/R cabs. The device would be slimar to what is used to set up the signs in the 44/46s just that on the IRT SMEEs, it would control the rollsigns. :cool:

Thinking logically is exactly what I am doing. You can't have a (2) signed up at a (5) on all signs except for the front sign at Nevins St. going towards Manhattan. People will wonder why they are on 7th Ave. when they will be on Lex. That's even worse than the (7)<7>. The lack of time allotted to change the rollsigns is too much and will cause confusion. It's not like this only happens once or twice a day either.

I also said this earlier.

The (2) can run mainly R62As and occasionally R142s to interchange w/ the (5) @ Flatbush Ave for AM/PM rush hour service @ Flatbush.

I see what you mean. Taking NTT away from the (2)(4)(5)(6) lines would be a big mistake. trainfan22, those R142's on the (4) were originally going to go to the (3). Due to political pressure and crowd conditions, it was wise to place the 142/A's on the (4).
Lexington lines are somethin else. The (6) needs NTT more than the (2) for that it serves the overcrowding Lexington, but the only problem w/ that is the (2) & (5) share trains.

Well it is the only SMEE up there. My mother always says that when I got up there, I'. playing with my toy trains so it does work, kinda sorta. Now if BERA got several million dollars and epanded the tracks and got an R46, it would be a very different story.

Heh...that would be something. The world's first R46 single B) of course that'd be worth it just to see how the end excess handles those curves.

Maybe if Kingston starts selling their equipment we can get an R16 :), otherwise it's wait for the R62A fund someday

East 180th and 239th yard are fitted for R142 equipment (2) and (5)

Jerome yard is set up for R142 and 142A equipment (4)

Westchester is set up for R142A trains (6)

240th and Corona yards are set up for R62A cars (1) and (7)

The poster who mentioned the older Bombardier and Kawasaki R62 and R62A equipment being serviced at different facilities fails to understand that the NTT and older cars have nothing in common except the manufacturers names. For instance, East 180th and 239th yard service Bombardier R142 cars but have no parts or repair material for an R62A car which is also a Bombardier product. As for the (2) and (5) swapping fleets daily, I have suggested, somewhat in jest, that the fleets remove the strip maps from the cars because it seems to confuse people when the cars are swapped at Flatbush-Brooklyn College.

East 180th and 239th yard are fitted for R142 equipment (2) and (5)

Jerome yard is set up for R142 and 142A equipment (4)

Westchester is set up for R142A trains (6)

240th and Corona yards are set up for R62A cars (1) and (7)

The poster who mentioned the older Bombardier and Kawasaki R62 and R62A equipment being serviced at different facilities fails to understand that the NTT and older cars have nothing in common except the manufacturers names. For instance, East 180th and 239th yard service Bombardier R142 cars but have no parts or repair material for an R62A car which is also a Bombardier product. As for the (2) and (5) swapping fleets daily, I have suggested, somewhat in jest, that the fleets remove the strip maps from the cars because it seems to confuse people when the cars are swapped at Flatbush-Brooklyn College.

So if R62As does end up going back to the (6) Westchester and Corona Yards are going to switch equipment and Westchester is set up for R62As and Corona Yard is set up for R188s for the (7). The MTA made a bad decission putting strip maps on the (2) & (5) R142s knowing that they were gonna swap trains regularly.

are there any point that strip map need to be put on R62A.

why if (4) and (6) give up there R142A to the (7) .

you maybe seeing R62A will run on (4) and (6).

there is no point keeping strip map on R142 #7071 - #7180

#1101 - #1250. when (4) and (6) uses Bombardier car.

also it will confuse the riders to if R62A run on the

(4) and (6). that R62A is running of the (6). run on the (4).

R62A is good for (4) and (6) if they give up there R142A.

they should be no strip map on R62A , R142 when

it run on (4) and (6). R142 ( #1101 - #1250 , #7071 - #7180 and R62A were meant to run on (4) and (6). if they give up there R142A.

and (4) will able to handle older equipment that R62A

and R142 same thing for the( 6).

if (4) and (6) give up there R142A. we will miss you.

#7211 - #7670 run past 7 years on (6). line.

#7671 - #7810 run past 7 years. on (4) line

:cry::cry:B) ( LOL )

(6) next stop is

(6) Brooklyn Bridge

(6) and (4) Dont give up your R142A

(1) always had R62As since the 80s

(2) was rumored to have R62As in the 80's, and R142 was meant to be on the (2)

(3) had R62As before R142s came, was originally supposed to have R142s but instead it got R62s from the (4).

(4) was supposed to keep their R62s but got R142/As instead.

Anything on the (2) is what the (5) is gonna have.

(6) had R62As at first but they went to the (7) in place of the new R142As

I still dont get why the (4)s rolling stock is half R142 & R142A's.

BOOM....BOOM....BOOM.....I got a new proposal and this one is twice as good than the other one. Bad news for R142A (6) fernatics, but oh..well

(1) can keep their R62A's

(2) & (5) can keep their R142s

(3) can have R142s as originally planned from the (4)

(4) can be three-fourths or all R142A by getting half of the R142As from Westchester Yard and the cars they already have

(6) can back R62As from the (7)

(7) can get the other half of the R142As/R188 from Westchester Yard plus 186 additional R188 cars their planning to make.

So basically instead of (1)(2)(3) being all R62/A and (4)(5)(6) being all R142/A its more like IRT express services (2)(3)(4)(5) being all R142/A and IRT local services (1)(6) all R62/A. Additionally, some of the (3) R62s can stay and some can go back to their hometown "Jerome Yard".

BOOM....BOOM....BOOM.....I got a new proposal and this one is twice as good than the other one. Bad news for R142A (6) fernatics, but oh..well

(1) can keep their R62A's

(2) & (5) can keep their R142s

(3) can have R142s as originally planned from the (4)

(4) can be three-fourths or all R142A by getting half of the R142As from Westchester Yard and the cars they already have

(6) can back R62As from the (7)

(7) can get the other half of the R142As/R188 from Westchester Yard plus 186 additional R188 cars their planning to make.

So basically instead of (1)(2)(3) being all R62/A and (4)(5)(6) being all R142/A its more like IRT express services (2)(3)(4)(5) being all R142/A and IRT local services (1)(6) all R62/A. Additionally, some of the (3) R62s can stay and some can go back to their hometown "Jerome Yard".

I like it. Speaking of the (3), at Utica Av, the (3) shuttle was an R142. The numbers were 7096-7100-7176-7180. Unfortunately, I could not get a picture of it.

The (3) shuttle from Utica to New Lots uses (4) equipment because the (3) trains are all in the yard when the G.O. starts. The (4) from Woodlawn to New Lots is running at that time so they use the equipment that's in the station then. Why make an extra yard move when it's not necessary ?

The (3) shuttle from Utica to New Lots uses (4) equipment because the (3) trains are all in the yard when the G.O. starts. The (4) from Woodlawn to New Lots is running at that time so they use the equipment that's in the station then. Why make an extra yard move when it's not necessary ?
I've heard of a late night (3) Harlem shuttle from 148th St to Times Square but when was there ever since a (3) shuttle from Utica to New Lots.

People will always complain. That doesn't mean anything though. The R62As are only 20 or so years old. The spoiled UES riders can ***** and moan all they want about 20 year old cars. If you closed down one of the three Starbucks on every corner of the street and replaced it with a 7-Eleven they'd call it a "huge downgrade" too. At least they're not getting R33s. Also, the R142 and the R142A are almost the same thing. How can the change of one to R62A be a huge downgrade, and the other a minor one? And trains frequently change trains at Flatbush. The reason the route signs on both lines are always messed up is because the trains are on different routes.

Exactly. Thank you.

I've heard of a late night (3) Harlem shuttle from 148th St to Times Square but when was there ever since a (3) shuttle from Utica to New Lots.

Two points here. First of all the late night (3) isn't called a shuttle by us. That's over 100 blocks of Manhattan streets covered. Shuttles are designated by an (S) on maps. Second point is that the (3) shuttle from Utica to New Lots is in effect when there's a G.O. on the New Lots line mid-days or weekends. Like this weekend and this week.

• 1 year later...

I personally believe the (6) will get the R62A's from the (7) for 2 reasons. 1, it would be an easy switch, they wouldn't be switching trains on more than 2 lines. and 2, the R62A's have the LED signs to denote express and local, and the (6) has a rush hour <6> service. Plus, even though i like things to be even and neat, it would be nice to see some older trains on the lex. I find them a little more comfortable than the R142/R142A's. I would like to see the 5 car sets making 10 car trains, and the single units could run as 10 car trains or be converted to 5 car sets. I do like the idea of the conductor switching cabs and having a front window =)

I think R62s on the (2) is a good Idea! It's evern kind of a toung twister to say!

"R62s on the (2) , R62s on the (2) ..."

But I would still keep a few R142s on the (2). For (5) switching.

AND NTTs just rock out loud!B)

It's strange that I'm posting a comment in this thread! I don't have ANYTHING to do with the (2) train. Going to the Bronx Zoo when I was younger was my ONLY reason for taking the (2) in the first place! oh well.

Guest lance25

If/when the R188s actually do come in, the only line I see the R62s from the (7) going to is the (6). It's improbable that they would go onto the (2) or (5) lines due to the switching at Flatbush.

Actually, it wouldn't really surprise me if some popped up on the (4) line, but I think the majority of them would wind up on the (6), as they would be helpful distinguishing between the Pelham Local and Express services

Wow this is to funny..... why was my debut titled-topic bumped up, this takes me back. To be real R62As going to the (6) would be the most logical, but I still visualize for the ol'school cars running on the (2) and/or the (5) regarding that the share trains and the bland NTTs going to the (4)(5)(6) 100%. But the R142s is reliable to get me from point A and B so I can't complain.

i dont want too see a nearly 25 year old train back on the 2 at all i hated the fact that it had the old redbirds the R62a are old most dont have good PA systems, the R142s are new cleaner you can hear the announcements and you can call for help if anything happened on the train they need too leave that train alone. the 7 line dont need the 2 trains R142s they need there own car. not to mention all the people that ride the 2 in the Bronx and other places that was left out of the picture for years now we have something other than the PA CIS countdown clocks up and runniong in most parts of the bronx the trains are another part we dont need a bunch of old trains that will need to be replaced in 5 or so years, this is not a good idea at all how do you take back what you give the R142s just came out 7 years ago how can you take them put them on another line and than give an old than back to the same lines where they just got new ones from some of the oldest cars in the system

I remember running and hopping on an R62 (2) train at Franklin Ave several years ago,thinking it was a (3) train.I didn't get to actually ride on it because the conductor saved me with announcing the next stop,which was President Street.Once I heard that I quickly jumped off the train and never saw another R62 (2) train again after that lol.

Archived