2Line1291's R188 & R62A Proposal

2Line1291

Wait, so how is the (6) and (7) going to swap fleets? There is no way to get from Corona to Pelham, vice versa so moving the trains to different yards won't be possible. Also, the crews at those certain yards know how to deal with certain equipment. They might know how to fix up a R62A, but I doubt they know how to fix up a R142A as well. I say just keep it the way it its and there is no reason to change it. Simple as that.

Second thing. The (2) is crowded. Not as crowded as Lexington, but still crowded. R142s should stay there, because its annoying to see those R62 (3) and R62A (1) lose power a bunch of times between stops because of the 3rd rail gap, plus it provides and nice and cool ride for rush hour passengers. For some reason in the summer 7 Av platforms are always soooo hot

The 6 and 7 lines can, have, and will switch fleets. there are track connections

1. How do you know that its certain they will switch fleets?

2. The only place that the (7) meets Lexington is Grand Central, but there is no connection from the Flushing line to the Lexington Line

Also- The R62/As have no third rail gap issues on the broadway line. (neither do the R142/As)

Do you ever ride 7 Av? I ride it everyday to class, and I take the (1), (2), or (3) trains. The (1) and (3) always lose some lights between both the express and local stretch of 14 St and Chambers Sts

2. The only place that the (7) meets Lexington is Grand Central, but there is no connection from the Flushing line to the Lexington Line

It could go from the Flushing to the:

(N) to Atlantic

(D) to Concourse Yard

(4) to wherever needed on the IRT.

Do you ever ride 7 Av? I ride it everyday to class, and I take the (1), (2), or (3) trains. The (1) and (3) always lose some lights between both the express and local stretch of 14 St and Chambers Sts

1] R142As can be equipped with CBTC, it makes no sense to equip them on the R62As.

2] How did the R62As from the (3)(6) get to the (7)<7>? They went via B division or places at Concourse yard via (4)(D) or 207th via (1)(A). Eventually they get to the Broadway BMT and switch at QBP to the Flushing line.

3] Just because the lights flickers means there are gaps b/w the 3rd rail. Not exactly a valid reason for anything.

• 2 years later...

Subwayfan12, I know you're new here, but we generally don't like it when people necropost (post in a topic that hasn't seen a response in months). Not unless it's to add something useful to the conversation. Just keep that in mind for next time. And by the way welcome to the forums.

Thread locked. Continue the discussion on the 188 order in the official 188 thread.

Archived