WTC2011 || New Twin Towers For A New America

2Line1291

So, they should tear down the memorial & not have one? I think people are forgetting that the new building designs used for the WTC reconstruction are not only airplane impact proof, but they are easier to fight fires in, evacuate, and less of a hazard for aircraft in poor visibility conditions.

Then you have the essential memorial. Most of the people who died in the towers (including from in the planes) did not live in manhattan, and a lot of them did not live in NY. In fact 38 people from the WTC part of 9/11 were from my county, one being the pilot of flight 11 who's memorial was held in my town.

You need to realize this memorial is about more than the wants of the people of new york city. Not a time goes by when i use the WTC chambers (E) or PATH station, or ride the (1) past chambers that i don't feel an aching in my chest of sadness about those horrific events. I lost 20 people i knew & one close friend that day. Please realize that these quick fix "get it done" ideas only belittle their memory, and neglect to remember that day as it should.

Things are forever different, forever a bit more grey, and trying to cover it up as if it didn't happen is wrong on so many levels.

- A

So, they should tear down the memorial & not have one? I think people are forgetting that the new building designs used for the WTC reconstruction are not only airplane impact proof, but they are easier to fight fires in, evacuate, and less of a hazard for aircraft in poor visibility conditions.

Then you have the essential memorial. Most of the people who died in the towers (including from in the planes) did not live in manhattan, and a lot of them did not live in NY. In fact 38 people from the WTC part of 9/11 were from my county, one being the pilot of flight 11 who's memorial was held in my town.

You need to realize this memorial is about more than the wants of the people of new york city. Not a time goes by when i use the WTC chambers (E) or PATH station, or ride the (1) past chambers that i don't feel an aching in my chest of sadness about those horrific events. I lost 20 people i knew & one close friend that day. Please realize that these quick fix "get it done" ideas only belittle their memory, and neglect to remember that day as it should.

Things are forever different, forever a bit more grey, and trying to cover it up as if it didn't happen is wrong on so many levels.

- A

After 9/11 the original rebuilding plans was to rebuild the Twin Towers but knuckleheaded Pataki wanted to fool around and have something different and look where we're at now. 4 of the 5 towers planned are either gonna be 1/4 or 1/2 built or not even gonna be built at all. The simple fact is that the PA shouldn't never played around when building on sacred grounds.

After 9/11 the original rebuilding plans was to rebuild the Twin Towers but knuckleheaded Pataki wanted to fool around and have something different and look where we're at now. 4 of the 5 towers planned are either gonna be 1/4 or 1/2 built or not even gonna be built at all. The simple fact is that the PA shouldn't never played around when building on sacred grounds.

Rebuilding the twin towers would be a mistake. Their design was flawed & it would only make another target for terrorism. I agree their absence leaves a painful hole in the once familiar skyline, but that hole won't be there forever, especially if tower 3's modifications are approved, making it only 180 feet shorter than tower 1, and giving the entire project a more dynamic feel & look to it.

By the way, the towers were not actually twins by any means. Their blueprints differ as much as 20% The stair layout was different to name one thing.

- A

Rebuilding the twin towers would be a mistake. Their design was flawed & it would only make another target for terrorism. I agree their absence leaves a painful hole in the once familiar skyline, but that hole won't be there forever, especially if tower 3's modifications are approved, making it only 180 feet shorter than tower 1, and giving the entire project a more dynamic feel & look to it.

By the way, the towers were not actually twins by any means. Their blueprints differ as much as 20% The stair layout was different to name one thing.

- A

Moving forward w/ the current WTC plan is and has been a big mistake from the start. Do you know how much money was wasted and almost nothing has been done. The PA could've spent all that on rebuilding the Twin Towers II. Twin Towers or not the WTC site is always gonna be a terroist target even w/ the Freedom Tower and the 3 other towers there so I wouldnt use that as an excuse.

- A

Rebuilding the real WTC is not covering up 9/11. If anything, it's telling Osama Bin Laden to kiss America's @ss. Every time I ride the ferry and I see an empty skyline I'm so angry. The WTC was a vital part of NY. It was taken from us by mean spirited terrorists. A memorial can be incorporated into the design. However, a cheap imitation of the WTC is an insult to NYC and America.

Make the new Twin Towers built on the old site the memorial.

It does sound great, but think now, the Memorial is well underway and the kin will go apesh*t if a single building gets built on either footprint.

I believe T2 and T3 should be part of the WTC II project. Regarding engineering and architecture, there should be a concrete core in the middle of the building. The load of each storey must be distributed evenly on columns. Load should not held by the skeleton (which was the reason why the Towers came down in the first place), but rather by internal supports.

It also shows symbolism like what Forest Glen said. He's right, if we build the towers on the site, only stronger. We are telling the terrorists that we are resilient to what they are doing and that they could lick (in crude and colloquial language) "America's balls". Through this, we will be asserting our patriotism and our strength. We fell down, but we picked ourselves back up and became stronger.

Also, these towers will be standing adjacent to, if not on, the site of Hudson Terminal buildings, which were the "original" Twin Towers on the site.

It does sound great, but think now, the Memorial is well underway and the kin will go apesh*t if a single building gets built on either footprint.

I believe T2 and T3 should be part of the WTC II project. Regarding engineering and architecture, there should be a concrete core in the middle of the building. The load of each storey must be distributed evenly on columns. Load should not held by the skeleton (which was the reason why the Towers came down in the first place), but rather by internal supports.

It also shows symbolism like what Forest Glen said. He's right, if we build the towers on the site, only stronger. We are telling the terrorists that we are resilient to what they are doing and that they could lick (in crude and colloquial language) "America's balls". Through this, we will be asserting our patriotism and our strength. We fell down, but we picked ourselves back up and became stronger.

Also, these towers will be standing adjacent to, if not on, the site of Hudson Terminal buildings, which were the "original" Twin Towers on the site.

Yea, the buildings were there, but the terminal tracks were a bit farther to the east near tower 4. The trains were a LOT shorter also, so the whole terminal takes up maybe a quarter block if that. Under tower 4 were the original incoming/outgoing tracks. The empty area under the (1)'s tunnel towards the south of the site is where the original H&M tracks ran. I believe the physical track/platform terminal area was near the current (N)(R) station at that wide intersection by century 21. It has likely been totally gutted & filled in with WTC diggings when WTC was constructed though.

- A

Yea, the buildings were there, but the terminal tracks were a bit farther to the east near tower 4. The trains were a LOT shorter also, so the whole terminal takes up maybe a quarter block if that. Under tower 4 were the original incoming/outgoing tracks. The empty area under the (1)'s tunnel towards the south of the site is where the original H&M tracks ran. I believe the physical track/platform terminal area was near the current (N)(R) station at that wide intersection by century 21. It has likely been totally gutted & filled in with WTC diggings when WTC was constructed though.

- A

That is correct. The platforms was much further to the east than today's platforms, more like near WTC 5 and WTC 4 (pre-9/11 site). The original track configuration had to be altered so that those two buildings could be built.

Aqueduct: Although it would be very symbolic, it poses many problems. The main issue is, if they built in the footprints, the kin of the victims would be upset. Some of them did not want ANYTHING to be built there. They just want to leave them as pits.

IMO, the designs for T2 and T3 are stunning themselves. But I believe they are better located outside of the site. They should be built somewhere else, say Atlantic Yards or Hudson Yards

- A

The emotional needs of a couple of thousand of people should not hinder the funcionality of a city with 8 million people. Obviously the Twin Towers should not be rebuilt exactly as they were before. They should have a more efficient design, more office space for more jobs, stronger and sturdier architecture, etc. Only what is needed. I strongly agree with Forest Glen that building the original ones with 21st century improvements shows the terrorists that this is America and we won't let them stop us from returning back to normal. The current mess on what to build is not necessary at all. We should have a memorial but it should not get in the way of the actual building of the towers.

The emotional needs of a couple of thousand of people should not hinder the funcionality of a city with 8 million people. Obviously the Twin Towers should not be rebuilt exactly as they were before. They should have a more efficient design, more office space for more jobs, stronger and sturdier architecture, etc. Only what is needed. I strongly agree with Forest Glen that building the original ones with 21st century improvements shows the terrorists that this is America and we won't let them stop us from returning back to normal. The current mess on what to build is not necessary at all. We should have a memorial but it should not get in the way of the actual building of the towers.
Of course Twin Towers II is gonna incorporates 21st century improvements. Its says so on the official website http://www.wtc2011.com

Archived