MTA NYC Transit Bus Operator FAQ

Y2Julio

If you fail the mta bus training, how long it take for you to reapply?. On does the reapplying waiting period goes for all three mta bus division?

You can take any upcoming test however they tell youthere is a  4-5 years wait to be able to be rehired/ go fortraining . I heard of people appealing it to have that time frame reduced but i dot't know if it worked. It made 5 yrs for me this June

Is there a number I can call ?

I don't know the number to the unit that handles appeals but, here is the general number to the employment unit ask them for the correct department/unit you need to contact.

347-643-8229

Edited by Syrenity

• 1 month later...

Just curious if anyone knows what they do for physical examinations. 

You get checked out by the doc 1st physically. Then doc's in white coats give u the rest of the exams like EKG,Hearing,Eye,Blood Pressure,Weight exams. Then u go c the 1st doc that gave u the physical and she gives u the overall of ur exams whether u qualify or disqualified. If u qualify u go back to front desk where u started ur day and they give another sheet to go take urine test #2. Hope that helps.

I have taken the medical and two drug test and havent heard anything in a month is this normal. Iam starting to get feeling like some one screwed up my paper work ? Me and my friend started at the same time and hes already hired and in training .

Ive been calling for 2 weeks. Only got threw once and the person sounded like they could careless didnt check my file or anything.all she said was iam not hired yet.

I dont understand why they would call me just for a physical and not take my application? My 2nd drug test expires on the 24th

1-Will High blood pressure disqualify you? Last exam  DOT i had 139/97

2-Does the MTA provide a bus for the road test? I have my CDL B PS Permit.  Or do I have to go through a driving school. If so Any recommemdations?

3-How many Questions are on the Bus Operator Test? I'm doing the upcoming 4600 exam.

Thank you in advance

Izzy

Well I finally heard from the mta yesterday 8/29. I have to go for my third D/t on sept.3rd again without my 20 page booklet. I asked why I have to give another piss sample the lady told me cause the last one I did had expired 7/24. This's starting to get a lil annoying cause I'm missing out on money at my job to spend a whole day at 180 livingston just to give em a third piss sample and not knowing when I'll be going in for final processing. Has anyone heard from the mta to go in on the 3rd of sept? Let me know.

1-Will High blood pressure disqualify you? Last exam DOT i had 139/97

2-Does the MTA provide a bus for the road test? I have my CDL B PS Permit. Or do I have to go through a driving school. If so Any recommemdations?

3-How many Questions are on the Bus Operator Test? I'm doing the upcoming 4600 exam.

Thank you in advance

Izzy

1. I don't know.

2. Yes they provide the bus.

3. 80 questions.

Ive been calling for 2 weeks. Only got threw once and the person sounded like they could careless didnt check my file or anything.all she said was iam not hired yet.

I dont understand why they would call me just for a physical and not take my application? My 2nd drug test expires on the 24th

That's just how government works, they want it Ll in order just in case they need to hire tommorow or next year, they usually don't know till last minute either

• 1 month later...

My advice to anyone thinking of moving to tampa fl. If your close to retirement and can obtain retirement elsewhere specifically up North. Get your Northern pension first FL FRS system wont last long. Take from me I am a HART BUS OP.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
i took my drug test for mta bus operator two weeks ago but havent heard anything back yet how long does it usually take

Just like materp said 2-90 some were closer to the 2 days my buddy and i were on the 90 end 1st DT 1/31 2nd DT 3/10 then we finally got the medical call 3/27 we both passed but the 4/7 class was full so we werent sworn in and we had to take a 3rd DT that same day and we r finally being processed tomorrow

It'll be a journey

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk