138 St / 3 Av 6 Station

BJC

I was at this station yesterday morning,I didn't know how bad this station was overall....everything about this station need a new make over...however they did put fresh paint on the steel columns.

The station smelled and it was dirty...then I saw a big rat running on the platform...this station was worse than chambers st on the J/M

I wonder why hasnt the (MTA) pulles some funds to fix up parts or all of the Pelham Line. Thats the only line that has not got any rehab. I mean look at the Van Cortland line. (1) at least 231st got something. (6) gets zero~

I love how the TA can pull money out of their butts to build a new South Ferry a new Fulton Street and a new Second Avenue subway but yet they can't find the funds or the time to give the pelham line at least some damn tactile strips. The Pelham/Concourse/and the Dyre part of the (5) are the sections of subway I think need alot of TLC

I love how the TA can pull money out of their butts to build a new South Ferry a new Fulton Street and a new Second Avenue subway but yet they can't find the funds or the time to give the pelham line at least some damn tactile strips. The Pelham/Concourse/and the Dyre part of the (5) are the sections of subway I think need alot of TLC

Well it's about politics mainly. You think the politicians would give a crap about some dilapidated stations in the Bronx? A huge percentage of the Bronx stations are crummy. From what I see, only the Woodlawn and the WPL has received rehab. A good amount of stations along Concourse really look like crap.

Tremont and River Ave on Concourse is Rehabed

All of the WPR Line except E180, 149- Mott and Intervale(Well was Rehab in 92) is rehabbed.

Im wondering if the (MTA) doesnt wanna rehab due to poor areas in the Bronx County.. Similar to Manhattan, (A)'s Washington Hts Line (Except 207).

Anyways getting bk on topic. Pelham line, I imagine in the next few yrs the T/A will finally open there eyes when they notice the station is falling apart!

From my limited experience of stations in the Bronx (anything north of the Yankee stadium stop might as well be Candyland or some other imaginary place), the station they take care of is the Yankee Stadium stop due to its prominence.

Well, here's what I can say.

Brooklyn gets priority for some reason when it comes to station rehabs than the Bronx. I'm not talking about East or North Brooklyn, but South Brooklyn. There is money on the table, IIRC, for rehabbing the entire West End Line. After that, the Sea Beach line will get some treatment. The Bay Ridge Line will also get some touches (86th Street). Brighton has many stations that are being rehabbed now.

If the people's voices in the Bronx are loud and heard from. Perhaps they will see rehabs along the Pelham line, Dyre line, Concourse and Broadway.

Longwood Avenue is worse, in my opinion, in terms of stench. Anyway, the Pelham Line stations are supposed to be renovated sometime soon. I figure, hey, if they did it to the (2)/(5), they'll give us some attention.

Archived