How much of the system have you ridden?

Joe

Looking at the map before I realized how much of the system i've never ventured out to see:

Woodlawn Line

Concourse Line

Pelham Line

Dyre Avenue Line (i've only ridden the White Plains Road line south of E. 180th)

148th or 145th on the (3)

Eighth Avenue Line north of 168th

Queens Blvd Line north of Parsons

Myrtle Avenue Line

(L) south of Broadway Junction

Brooklyn IRT south of Eastern Parkway (either line)

(A) between Rockaway Blvd & Ozone Park

(A) between Broad Channel and Mott Av

Have you been through all lines of the system?

Everywhere except:

past Utica on the (3)

past East 180 Street on the (5)

past Euclid on the (A)

past BPB on the (D)

between HS and Court Square on the (G)

between Myrtle and Forest Parkway on the (J) (I haven't rode from Jamaica to Forest Parkway on the (J) since I was really, really, really young)

past Myrtle on the (L)

past Fresh Pond Road on the (M) and betweed Fulton and the Broadway BMT split on the (M)

I'm in no rush to hit all those stations.

I seen it all except the Franklin Avenue (S) shuttle, the (3) past Utica Avenue, and the (G) crosstown line between Clinton Washington Avenues and Long Island City.

Every single station, every single line. The only section of line I've never seen was between Queens Boulevard and Court Square on the (G) (just to see the track arrangement). But in January of 2007, I rode the Rockaway Park Shuttle to Rockaway Park from Broad Channel and back to the (A), and my quest was complete. And I revisited the SIR in December of 2007, my first time in almost seven-eight years and then rode it end-to-end in March of '08.

For some of us, the question is "How Much of the System Have You Worked?"

For me, everything but the Grand Central Shuttle. On my own; everything else but the (5) and Franklin (S).

The would come the question of what have you worked.

What? We RFed from Times Sq. to Far Rockaway on the (A) in December. You then got off to go to Lefferts...

Hmmm if you think I was with you back in December, I was not.

I also have not rode on the Franklin Avenue Shuttle.

Looking at the map before I realized how much of the system i've never ventured out to see:

Woodlawn Line

Concourse Line

Pelham Line

Dyre Avenue Line (i've only ridden the White Plains Road line south of E. 180th)

148th or 145th on the (3)

Eighth Avenue Line north of 168th

Queens Blvd Line north of Parsons

Myrtle Avenue Line

(L) south of Broadway Junction

Brooklyn IRT south of Eastern Parkway (either line)

(A) between Rockaway Blvd & Ozone Park

(A) between Broad Channel and Mott Av

Have you been through all lines of the system?

WELL.. being a TRAIN OPERATOR.. it is REQUIRED that we go up and down EACH and EVERY line... from (A)- (Z)...and from....(1)....-....(9)...and... all 3 (S) lines..and... EVERY YARD... in ALL DIVISIONS.... 'BMT'... 'IND'....and... 'IRT'..but..long before i even came down to MTA.. i had ridden EACH line...(not a TRAIN BUFF) LOL...

For some of us, the question is "How Much of the System Have You Worked?"

For me, everything but the Grand Central Shuttle. On my own; everything else but the (5) and Franklin (S).

YES..u r RIGHT.. this question would be much better answered if EMPLOYED by MTA.....i was one of those... (as 'MOTORMEN' called us)... 'MICROWAVE WONDERS.. yep.. pop us IN class.. then OUT on the road...i was in the DECEMBER 9,1991 class....i was the THIRD in class in line to choice between 'A' and 'B' division.. everyone was saying how 'LUCKY' i was to get a 'choice'.. me..coming from a CLEANER in ELECTRIC POWER DEPT.. and a RAILROAD CLERK...(where both titles worked in ALL 'DIVISIONS').. a sista had NO CLUE what she was doing.. so with all the HYPE from classmates.. I JUMPED ON 'A' DIVISION selection... (living in BROOKLYN at the time ..and still having NO KNOWLEDGE on how this 'selection' went down)...thinking.. OH. I'LL WORK OUTTA NEW LOTS or FLATBUSH (lol)... LORD only KNOWS what this BRAND SPANKING NEW ROOKIE WAS THINKING (lol)......so as the other classmates were making their selections.. i was informed.. i would be coming out of BRONX...FLUSHING...etc...I ACTED QUICKLY..and BEGGED the instructors to allow me to RECANT my choice...whew (wiping my forehead) lol...and so. I DID... 'B' DIVISION' i chose... i ENJOYED working the ROAD as opposed to the YARDS(well..some days.. we ALL need a break from the ROAD.. so i appreciated THOSE DAYS)...I PICKED THE FRANKLIN AVENUE SHUTTLE during the 3rd OFFICIAL pick in which.. I WAS ENTITLED to no longer become ROAD EXTRA... I REMAINED THERE....till eternity.....i was the LAST OF THE 2 PERSON CREW on the FRANKLIN AVENUE SHUTTLE.. before it BECAME 'OPTO'... (one person train operation)... i eventually.. went back to the road....then.. to MISCELLANEOUS WORK... till present

Archived