How much of the system have you ridden?

Joe

(JFK)almost forgot... i rode the JFK train as a TRAFFIC CHECKER and as a RAILROAD CLERK.. that was a pretty cool train.. (sometimes i felt it was a darn WASTE of a line)... :)EXCEPT when it happened to stop along one of the EXPRESS stops on the (A) line.. as i was able to BOARD..(free of course)...so i can get to WORK on time...lord only KNOWS how often...waiting on the (A)... and the...(JFK)comes zipping through..:P

The places of the subway i have not been to:

(A) from 168th-207th Streets and the Rockaway Line south of Broad Channel

(D) north of Kingsbridge Road

(F) on Hillside Avenue

The entire Rockaway Park Shuttle

(2)(5) north of East 180th Street

(4) north of 170th Street

(6)<6> north of Saint Lawrence Avenue

All of it, all 468 stations. I did that 3 summers ago, riding each line & taking a peek at each station. Very, very interesting, the different faces & neighborhoods of the subway. SIR, though, has yet to be touched by me.

I haven't been to:

- all of the Bronx except for the (4) between 138 and 161, and the (D) between 161 and Manhattan.

- (J)(M)(Z)(L) Brooklyn.

- (A) Lefferts branch.

- IRT Brooklyn lines past Atlantic Avenue.

- Most of the Crosstown line.

- 7th Avenue lines north of 72nd.

I think I'm ready to explore these areas though.

ive been on every line, & to every terminal several times over, ive even walked and explored some tunnels throughout the system considering the fact railfanning was all i did when i lived in Coney Island growing up ive even done the entire PATH system which isnt saying much since its so small i think NJ transit will be the next system i conquer every line other than the NE Corridor to Trenton which ive been to.

A-every station from 207 street to Far Rockaway except Lefferts and Rockaway Park branches

B-every station

C-every station

D-every station

E-every station

F-every station

G-every station

J/Z-every station

L-every station

M-every station

N-every station

Q-every station

R-every station

I've been on the 42nd and Franklin Avenue shuttle, never the Rockaway Park

V-every station

W-every station

1-every station

2-every station

3-every station from 148 street to Franklin Avenue. For safety reasons I won't go to New Lots.

4-every station

5-every station

6-every station

7-every station

I've been to every subway station in the Bronx and Manhattan

I went to Far Rock on a Subchat trip back in 2007. No way I'd go there alone.

You should fan the (3) line to New Lots on an saturday or sunday morning, it isn't that bad. Same goes for an weekday morning, like around 10-11 AM. I fanned the Far Rock (A) by myself and nothing happend. You could always ride in the T/O or C/R car as thats least likely place for anything to go down.

However, avoid the (3) line on weekday afternoons. That route in Brooklyn during these hours is a zoo.

I have seen every part of the subway system, albeit over a long period of time (1 or 2 years). It started in 2006 with my exploring of the (1) in upper manhattan when my father took me to Van cortlandt park once, and ended on January 25th, 2009 with my final conquest- the exploring of the mott Ave. branch of the (A). However, I have not been to some parts of the system in such a long time, so I will have to go out on yet another 'conquest'.;)

Lets see I been on every line station and terminal In NYCT. I rode the whole Path Systerm. I rode up and down the Broad Street Subway and Market Frankford Line in Phila. I rode all of the CTA exept the Yellow Line. I also covered most of the Boston T systerm.

I don't even know what my percentage would be, haven't even rode on every line and some lines I have been on are only short runs.

(A) - Broadway/Nassau to West 4th

(D) - West 4th Street to 7th Ave (Manhattan)

Coney Island to Atlantic/Pacific (Brooklyn)

(E) - Union Tpke to 23rd Street

(F) - 179th Street to Delancey

(G) - Woodhaven to Continental (haven't been on the G since it left Queens Blvd fulltime)

(J) - Fulton St. to Myrtle/Broadway

(L) - Union Square to Myrtle/Wyckoff

(M) - Fulton St. to Metropolitan Ave.

(N) - entire line Astoria Ditmars to Coney Island

(Q) - entire line 57th/7th Ave to Coney Island

(R) - Continental Ave to Whitehall St

(V) - entire line Continental Ave to 2nd Ave

(W)- entire line Astoria Ditmars to Whitehall St

(Z) - Fulton St. to Myrtle/Broadway

(1) - 23rd St. to Houston St.

(6) - 68th Street to Brooklyn Bridge

(7) - Times Square to Willets Point

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

(A) - The entire line from 207th Street, Inwood to Lefferts Blvd and Far Rockaway. (I never went to Rockaway Park)

(:) - The entire line From Bedford Pk Blvd or 145th Street to Brighton Beach.

(C) - The entire line from 168th Street to Euclid Avenue.

(D) - The entire line from 205th Street, The Bronx to Stillwell Ave-Coney Island.

(E) - The entire line from Jamaica Center-Parsons Archer to the World Trade Center. Even the rush hour specials to 179th Street/Hillside Ave.

(F) - The entire line from 179th Street/Hillside Avenue to Stillwell Avenue-Coney Island.

(G) - The entire line from 71st-Continental Avenue-Forest Hills or Court Square to Smith-9th Streets.

(J) - The entire line from Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer to Broad Street.

(L) - The entire line from 8th Avenue to Rockaway Parkway.

(M) - The entire line from Metropolitan Avenue to Bay Parkway.

(N) - The entire line (via Manhattan Bridge AND Lower Manhattan) from Ditmars Blvd-Astoria to Stillwell Avenue-Coney Island.

(Q) - The entire line from 57th Street-7th Avenue to Stillwell Avenue-Coney Island.

(R) - The entire route from Continental Avenue/Forest Hills to 95th Street/4th Avenue.

Franklin Avenue Shuttle (S) - The whole route.

Rockaway Pk Shuttle (S): Never rode on this line.

(V) - The entire line from Forest Hills-71st Avenue to 2nd Avenue.

(W) - The entire line from Ditmars Blvd-Astoria to Whitehall Street.

(Z) - Never rode this line, but it goes everywhere the (J) goes. So it doesn't make any sense to ride this line.

(1) - Rode the line only from 116th Street-Columbia University to Chambers Street.

(2) - Only from Pelham Pkwy to Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn.

(3) - From 135th Street to New Lots Avenue.

(4) From Bedford Pk Blvd to Utica Avenue-Crown Heights.

(5) - Never rode this line on the White Plains Rd line, but on the Dyre Avenue line. I rode it from Eastchester-Dyre Avenue to Bowling Green. I also rode the (5) line to Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn.

(6)<6>- I rode the line from Parkchester, The Bronx to Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall.

(7)<7> - The entire line from Main Street, Flushing to Times Square.

42nd Street Shuttle (S) - Rode the entire shuttle.

(V)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Lol its either all or nothing. You can't jump out of the shuttle in the middle of the tunnel :cool::eek:

I meant I rode the shuttle from end to end....

ive been on every line, & to every terminal several times over, ive even walked and explored some tunnels throughout the system considering the fact railfanning was all i did when i lived in Coney Island growing up ive even done the entire PATH system which isnt saying much since its so small i think NJ transit will be the next system i conquer every line other than the NE Corridor to Trenton which ive been to.

actually ive forgotten, one little thing, i need one more station in that station android 18 is hiding in...once ive gone to the new South Ferry i will complete my evolution, then i will be PERFECT!!! then Dr. Gero will have his revenge against this worthless planet ant its puny people...but before i destroy it i want one of you pathetic earthlings to bring me Goku!!!

The only thing i havent ridden was the (2) line between E 180 St and Wakefield-241 St, and the (4) between Mosholu Pkwy and Woodlawn. other than that, ive ridden it all.

i actually rode the (2) between E 180 St and Wakefield-241 St. it was pretty fun. Now all i need to ride is the (4) between Mosholu Pkwy and Woodlawn.

Come to think of it, i even rode the entire (SIR) Staten Island Railway line between Tottenville and St. George via Local and Express.

[/size]

I meant I rode the shuttle from end to end....

I know that, but what else can you do? If you ride the 42nd street shuttle, your riding the entire thing. You cannot ride a portion of the 42ns street shuttle.

If you meant that you rode it in both directions, sorry if I misunderstood you

I know that, but what else can you do? If you ride the 42nd street shuttle, your riding the entire thing. You cannot ride a portion of the 42ns street shuttle.

I didn't know how to put it, that's why I said that.

That's what I meant anyway.

Updated 6/5/09

(A)-207 Street to Far Rockway,Rockaway Park,Lefferts Boulevard

(B)-Broadway-Lafayette Street to Brighton Beach

(C)-Euclid Avenue to Washington Heights-168 Street

(D)-161 Street to Coney Island

(E)-World Trade Center to Jamaica Center

(F)-Jamaica-179 Street to Coney Island

(G)-Smith-9 Streets to Coney Island

(L)-8 Avenue to Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway

(M)-Metropolitan Avenue to Bay Parkway

(N)-Coney Island to Atlantic-Pacific Avenue

(Q)-Midtown-57 Street to Coney Island

(R)-Queens Plaza to 59 Street-4 Avenue

(V)-Forest Hills-71 Continental Avenues to 2 Avenue

(W)-Ditmars Boulevard to Whitehall Street

(Z)-Broad Street to Jamaica Center

(1)-Broadway-242 Street to South Ferry

(2)-Jackson Avenue to Flatbush-Nostrand Avenues

(3)-Harlem-148 Street to Grand Army Plaza

(4)-Woodlawn to Utica Avenue-Eastern Parkway

(5)-Eastchester to Bowling Green

(6)-Parkchester to Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge to Pelham Bay Park via Pelham Express

(7)-Main Street to Times Square

(S) Rockway Park to Broad Channel

(S) 42 Street to Grandcentral

(S) Fulton Street to Botanic Garden

Archived