Houston Street at 3AM

So this is what I do when I am board to death, I go into the city at odd hours of the night.

Here is Windsor Place in the Windsor Terrace section of Brooklyn.

DSC01502.jpg

The Windsor Place entrance to the 15th Street IND subway station.

DSC01505.jpg

There was an accident on Houston Street. Here is an NYPD RMP (bonus points to anyone he knows what RMP stands for).

DSC01530.jpg

FDNY Ambulance sporting emergency light by Whelen.

DSC01532.jpg

And what is a walk down Houston Street with out a stop at Katz's.

DSC01533.jpg

nice pics, but be careful out there.

Thanks! I am very careful, thats why I only take a few shots when I am out. I have been doing this for 2 years now and it always suprises me how many people are out in this area this late at night. Plus with the G.O.s on the (F) for the past week, it is packed and it's hard to get a seat.

Nice pics!

Radio Motor Patrol

Correct! As it was explained to me, it's what they called cars that had radios installed back when it was a huge deal to have a car with a radio. NOw it's the term used for all NYPD patrol cars.

Correct! As it was explained to me, it's what they called cars that had radios installed back when it was a huge deal to have a car with a radio. NOw it's the term used for all NYPD patrol cars.

Yeah it is a huge deal. These cars could get last minute information en route from the Police HQ or the local precincts. They would then know what to expect for.

Yeah it is a huge deal. These cars could get last minute information en route from the Police HQ or the local precincts. They would then know what to expect for.

It is kinda funny that now the only NYPD vehicles that have police radio installed are ESU units. Other then that, prescient units don not have radios other then the portable carried by each officer.

Archived