R188 Arrival on the 7 line

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ummm The R188 are not even out yet, so this is a bit pointless~ R188 wont be out after R179 which is 2013 about..

Besides some of the R188 will just be the R142A converted into CBTC.. And I think the (6) pelham should stick with what they got instead.

Ummm The R188 are not even out yet, so this is a bit pointless~ R188 wont be out after R179 which is 2013 about..

Besides some of the R188 will just be the R142A converted into CBTC.. And I think the (6) pelham should stick with what they got instead.

Same here. I don't want the R142As to leave the (6)<6>

If the (6) stick w/ what they have and order a whole fleet of R188s, R62As from Corona Yar wont have no yard to be stored at.

If the (6) stick w/ what they have and order a whole fleet of R188s, R62As from Corona Yar wont have no yard to be stored at.
And for that reason that's why R142As most likely from the (6) are planned to be converted into CBTC R188s for the (7)

Around 2020 the R62 will be ready for retirement and the (M)(T)(A) will have no choice but to buy newer cars.

As I've said before some R62 can stay on the (7) with the R188 while some R142A and R62 can operate on the (6)

(K)<R>there ain't nothing like an R62 car. Let's hope for me and all the future T/O out there they don't get rid of these great subway cars because I really wanna push a R68a or R62 down the station with that great sound of those trains. (K)(R)(3)(Q6)(9)(9)

I Agree 100%. The R62As are the last of the A Division with the classic NYC acceleration (sound of Westinghouse motors). This goes the same with the R68/As in the B division.

Yeah R62/A & R68/A is the last fleet of trains that still has a ol' school feeling and touch to it. But one thing about R142As/R188 apart from an R142 train is that they have more advertisement panels - I think thats a feature in an R62/A train so thats a upside.

If this post doesn't convince anybody, then you are showing me that you lack common sense.
Wow....I'm sorry you see it that way :cool:

If this post doesn't convince anybody, then you are showing me that you lack common sense.

Lol your tottaly on the line, i agree! I dunno why people freaking out of the box to quick. Same crap happens to the R179, as well as people complaining the (V) is heading to Culver Line after the (G) gets to Church ROFL!! Not gonna happen.

We dunno how the R188 will look like, nor there is money yet to fund it and as 33rd said no contract signed yet!

Besides the R160s isnt done yet. Who knows if a 3rd order comes in place. So we all need to settle down. Lets think about whats going on now. I dont want the R142As being removed from the Pelham (6)<6>.. The R62/As airnt even close to retirement, they came in less then 24 yrs ago, and will live till 20 to 30 more yrs. Once the SMEE R32-42 gets retireed then its the R44/44SIR/46, then we talk~

So this topic is kinda useless atm. no offense

seriously now, this is the THIRD thread on the R188's in less than half a year, and you know what? it's going to end up like all the rest of the threads on the R188:

so here's what, lets just wait until some new official documentation comes out on the R188 before we start speculating about yard transfers and specs again.

let's save all our breaths (in this case, fingers) until later.

and with that, i'm putting a request out to lock this.

why are you having a anxiety attack. i dont even want to

see (6) dont give their R142A to (7) line.

if R62A were to get rebuilded by demecmber 2009 - may 2010.

will R62 could become SMEE? ( if R62 get rebuilded by

demecmber 2009 - june 2010. there is no point

make all R62 to 5 car unit. it should become 1 car unit

and fully become NTT all of R62 #1301 - #1625 , #1651 - #2475

( may decreased some ridership in rush hour.

if it become 1 car unit when it get rebuilded. R62A rebuilded in

2010? if you leave it was it is. next 20 years.

it will look krappy? r62a become 1 car unit when it get rebuilded

will be good for (7) another 10 years

(6) Brooklyn Bridge

(6) next stop is

<6> 116 street

why are you having a anxiety attack. i dont even want to

see (6) dont give their R142A to (7) line.

if R62A were to get rebuilded by demecmber 2009 - may 2010.

will R62 could become SMEE? ( if R62 get rebuilded by

demecmber 2009 - june 2010. there is no point

make all R62 to 5 car unit. it should become 1 car unit

and fully become NTT all of R62 #1301 - #1625 , #1651 - #2475

( may decreased some ridership in rush hour.

if it become 1 car unit when it get rebuilded. R62A rebuilded in

2010? if you leave it was it is. next 20 years.

it will look krappy? r62a become 1 car unit when it get rebuilded

will be good for (7) another 10 years

(6) Brooklyn Bridge

(6) next stop is

<6> 116 street

I doubt the R62/A will be rebuilt. The current fleet gets a more frequent, but a much smaller overhaul called SMS.

Archived