New in town

TrainLadyG

thank you to all. fortunately i have not had any problems on the road. i just have been sick (and we all know that you aren't supposed to get sick during probation) and i right how i'm out on comp. its just one thing after another. i had to go down to livingston street already (my illness was well documented with doctors lines and even photographs) and they gave me a hard time. i just don't want to have to go down again with being out on comp. i was threatened with extension of my probation and possible termination. gotta love the ta.

My name is Ms.G and I currently work for NYCT as a train operator. I'm slowing coming to the end of my first year. So far it has been a bumpy ride for me. Just hoping to make it through probation.

(;)(D)(N)(3)(4)

hey sis... welcome aboard from one sista to another...you are gonna be JUST fine.. try not to let those 'unfortunate circumstances'...get the best of your 'brain power'...you DONT need all that 'stress'.. just deal with things as it comes...unfortunately... IN LIFE.. .'situations' which we have NO CONTROL of.. happens.. i'm sorry to hear of your illness and being out on WC...when i was a CLEANER 1987 in the ELECTRIC POWER DEPT.. i had a family emergency within my first 3months and was threatened with EXTENDED PROBATION...possibly TERMINATION..(just as yourself)..however.. during the rest of THAT probation.. i PROVED myself and was given a 6month extenstion (as the SUPERINTENDENT had it 'in' for me..trying to make my life miserable)....as a RAILROAD CLERK.. my job was threatened because i SPOKE out against SUPERVISION..and even had verbal altercations with 2 supervisors...they wrote me up. .and in turn. I DID THE SAME...well.. i completed my year with NO WRITE UPS...as a TRAIN OPERATOR (class of 12/91) my job was THREATENED again..because i wrote up my SCHOOL CAR INSTRUCTOR...i wasn't informed of my 'graduating' the class until the DAY BEFORE GRADUATION.. but u can BEST believe.. my life was a living hell on the road for the first 8months....but.. i didn't let it get to me...(i'm a REBEL... WITH A CAUSE)... lol.. just saying this to say... it will be.. what it will.. there's is NOTHING you can do.. but.. like KNIGHTRIDER3099 stated... dont hit any signals....over run any stations.. hell.. try not to even be LATE to work.. because you KNOW.. ALL EYES ARE ON YOU.. all the best.. keep us informed....have a BLESSED day...

My name is Ms.G and I currently work for NYCT as a train operator. I'm slowing coming to the end of my first year. So far it has been a bumpy ride for me. Just hoping to make it through probation.

(;)(D)(N)(3)(4)

back again.. forgot to mention... in the LUCKY event your probation DOES get extended.. you will have to do a couple of days of 'school car retraining' before hitting the road again... and ALSO... note.. that.. YOU WILL 'OWE' (MTA)days in which you 'missed'.. being on compensation...just to make you feel a lil more comfortable sis.. you aren't the ONLY person who has had an INJURY-ON-DUTY (IOD) while ON PROBATION... think about it.. i know of folks who have had a 12-9 while STILL IN 'SCHOOL CAR'. and of folks who also had a 12-9 as soon as they got on the ROAD...(which. in turn.. turns into a WORKER'S COMPENSATION case)...hoping this eased your mind some..:tup:

Thanks for the encouragement. ;) I am just tired of TA and their mofo ways. Now I am even more irked.:mad: I tripled checked my pay stub and see that I got cheated out of four hours. What kind of place has overtime slips but no carbon copies or magically the photocopier isn't working. Now I have to wrestle with timekeeping. We all know how all nice and cuddly folks who don't work on the road are.

(MTA):tdown::tdown::cry::mad:

It can be a battle dealing with the (MTA) and the TWU is a joke. Just remember one thing you can't be out over 1 Year thats when they look to fire you. Ofcause they trying to scare you because your on Probation but I think it will all work out. They try to cheat us out of OT all the time.

Well Welcome to the madness and if you have any questions feel free to ask me or any other Co worker on the Board

Thanks for the encouragement. :o I am just tired of TA and their mofo ways. Now I am even more irked.:mad: I tripled checked my pay stub and see that I got cheated out of four hours. What kind of place has overtime slips but no carbon copies or magically the photocopier isn't working. Now I have to wrestle with timekeeping. We all know how all nice and cuddly folks who don't work on the road are.

(MTA):tdown::tdown::cry::mad:

I say who ever is doing payroll.....needs to be 21, college degree......I call our payroll department "fingers" every time we get our paycheck I am a hour checker!!!....I call then fingers becuase I guess they don't have any and punch the keyboard with her/his elbows........:tdown:

and glad by us when I went thru we only had 3 months probabtion.....a year.....is 2 long to let them have u by the @#$%

Archived