New orion NGS are ****

LIBusdriver349

i'm sorry for the language but after this week i am FED up with these damn things.....I had em almost all week cuz my schedules been weird and i only had 155 and 193 (1456) this week outtta the cummins...i dont remember the number it was assigned...and ill be honest that was the only good bus i had the past week.....

i had 1716 on the N6 and it was fast yea i'll give it that but the rear door got stuck in hempstead terminal so it took me my whole meal break to figure the damn thing out....only when i got to jamaica it did the same damn thing.....when i put the bus on the line at the yard at the end of the night i kicked the stupid thing....bad idea

because than the rest of the week they treated me like crap....Tuesday i had 1747 on the 20 and on that run i have to move to keep the time...i'm te driver thats known to keep ON TIME on the 20.....even tho i hate that run...i dont mind it its just somea the ppl i get are wacked.....but anyway that buses air line blew and literally flew off the back of the bus....thank god i was stopped i pulled the parking brake....

than wednesday i had 155, yes its still on the road i'm telling u there are still a lotta cummins on my lot....but im trying to find 285 and 287 and 222 i miss them....but wednesday was a good day......

thursday and friday i had off

than saturday i had 1742 on the 80/81 and i was driving along and i hit the brakes and the damned thing started shaking ....i thought nothing of it.....it kept shaking and than the whole bus freakin heaved to the curb and i couldnt control it too much....i went on and off real easy on the brakes and eventually stopped.....they sent me 1713.....and it died on the way out to me....so i was hoping theyd gimme somethn else if i kept breaking the other ones lol...so they sent me 1701...and i just dealt with it

alright so yesterday wasnt so bad cuz sometimes they ask me what bus i wanna drive and they wont tell me where 285 or 287 or 331 are....but i said how bout 370,334, or 193? so i got 1456 again!

I agree, I hate those Buses as a Passenger, 285 is my top Favorite Bus (1523) I am Hoping to cacth that bus again, I hate those seats on the those NG's, They suck, Orion Needs to Bring back the Orion V's because These NG's are going to put them Out, Alot of Bus Companies Hate these buses and they are having alot of issues, The NG's are going to make Orion Loose Money.

I agree. Orion does need to bring back the Orion V. Those Bee-Line Orion V's are far better than what NYCT/MTA Bus operates. The 2008 Orion V's are awesome buses. Hell, those buses have Cummins engines.

As for LIB, after seeing a NG CNG Orion VII, I am not impressed at all.

The only problem is that the (MTA) is moving towards low floor buses.

The only problem is that the (MTA) is moving towards low floor buses.

No, I would say it's an improvement to passenger quality. I don't know much about buses and I ride the Orion NGs everyday to and from school. I can say that it is MUCH more comfortable than the standard RTS from the Manhattanville Depot. The reason is because of speed, the overall ride, and rider friendly designs.

I love the fact that they installed the Request Stop system on some bus poles, but I like it that they installed better wheelchair systems to cut back dwelling time at bus stops drastically. And the speed and the brakes make me feel safer. The RTSs aren't known for their brakes and they're speed which the VIIs do.

I'm not a fan of the NG CNGs either. I don't like the way they ride. I don't like the big blue seats inside. I don't like the quiet engine. I don't like the blue stripe only on the bus. I don't like them replacing the Cummins Engine buses with this unreliable junk. However, I do like their exterior look. But that's about it.

My favorite is 1506..Former LIB 244. My runner up is 1519...Former LIB 282.

I'm not a fan of the former LIB 288-395 batch either. They're too dull.

I'm ok with the former LIB 396-462 batch.

But the MTAs policy is the newer the bus is, the more it will go into service and that is essential on the weekends especially. MTA Bus is the same way with the Hybrid Electric Buses.

Orion sucks, Every TA around the Northeast got or is getting good buses, NJT with the NABI's Bee line with the NABI's, CT transit, Marland MTA and SEPTA got the awsome New Flyers. But noooo the MTA has to buy this Orion junk. I wish Orion would go out of business already, there buses are simply not good. I will admit that some of the Orion V's they made are good, like the 5900's at JFK, the Bee Line 2006 models and the Command and LIB bus CNG's. Just say yes to, Novabus, NABI, MTS, MCI, Prevost and New Flyer!!

I'm not a fan of the NG CNGs either. I don't like the way they ride. I don't like the big blue seats inside. I don't like the quiet engine. I don't like the blue stripe only on the bus. I don't like them replacing the Cummins Engine buses with this unreliable junk. However, I do like their exterior look. But that's about it.

My favorite is 1506..Former LIB 244. My runner up is 1519...Former LIB 282.

I'm not a fan of the former LIB 288-395 batch either. They're too dull.

I'm ok with the former LIB 396-462 batch.

But the MTAs policy is the newer the bus is, the more it will go into service and that is essential on the weekends especially. MTA Bus is the same way with the Hybrid Electric Buses.

(K)<R> here let me say if they had those excellent grummans this would of never happen .I feel bad for this guy cuz I really hate those CNG new old doesn't matter like NJT got refurbished grum metro-D that's what we all need man (1)mo thing If my depot would get those grum metro-d I would be a happy B/O ahh sorry if I took it a step to far .(K)<R>

I also feel if LIB is integrated into the NYCT/MTA Bus system, then the interior and exterior should've been speced out the same exact way. Why be different than everyone else?

Hey BeeFlex you guys have some excellent buses I envy any depot with grum-flex-metro-d(K)<R>

(K)<R> here let me say if they had those excellent grummans this would of never happen .I feel bad for this guy cuz I really hate those CNG new old doesn't matter like NJT got refurbished grum metro-D that's what we all need man (1)mo thing If my depot would get those grum metro-d I would be a happy B/O ahh sorry if I took it a step to far .(K)<R>

The (MTA) ordered busses from Grumans in the 80's or 90's and they were plagued with problems.

I also feel if LIB is integrated into the NYCT/MTA Bus system, then the interior and exterior should've been speced out the same exact way. Why be different than everyone else?

Well last year (MTA) New York City Bus,(MTA) Long Island Bus and (MTA) Bus merged operations so they are all under MTA Regional Bus Operations.

soon all LIB's Orion V CNG will be repainted into blue stripes.

i took Orion VII NG CNG 1740 on the N22, those seats are so uncomfortable. i do admit, those buses are very fast. But i like the Orion VII NG Hybrids that (MTA)New York City Bus/(MTA) Bus has. those seats are way better than the (MTA)Long Island Bus Orion VII NG CNG.

also, the (MTA)Long Island Bus bells are the "tape-touch" and not the "pull-cord" ones, and the back door is not the bar. u have to put your hand on the door and it'll open. its weird. but (MTA)New York City Bus/(MTA) Bus has bettwe Orion VII NG buses then (MTA)Long Island Bus.

i took Orion VII NG CNG 1740 on the N22, those seats are so uncomfortable. i do admit, those buses are very fast. But i like the Orion VII NG Hybrids that (MTA)New York City Bus/(MTA) Bus has. those seats are way better than the (MTA)Long Island Bus Orion VII NG CNG.

also, the (MTA)Long Island Bus bells are the "tape-touch" and not the "pull-cord" ones, and the back door is not the bar. u have to put your hand on the door and it'll open. its weird. but (MTA)New York City Bus/(MTA) Bus has bettwe Orion VII NG buses then (MTA)Long Island Bus.

Also the (MTA) Long Island BuS' Orion VII NG CNG has sliver wheels,look at the wheels,it looks shiny: http://www.ttmg.org/photos/tlogan/LIB_Orion_1700.jpg

and the (MTA) New York City Bus/(MTA) Bus's Orion VII NG hybrid has white wheels: http://www.ttmg.org/photos/tlogan/NYCB_Orion_3800.jpg

another fun fact you guys remember 133?

i was the driver that retired that bus!!!!!!....baby was fast i beat the shit outta that one and that day i worked all day on the 35 than i covered an overnight N6 and i BEAT IT...i dont beat the buses cuz normally it comes back to bite me.....but damn that thing movedd.....

on the way into the yard one night i went to put it on the line and gave a nice slam on the brakes and hauled the wheel.....which is hard to do when it's flat....and i made a sick U-ey....

that was a great bus....

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry but I prefer the new Orion 7's over the V's. They have much better acceleration, they are faster than most of the Orion V's. I like the blue stripe. The seats seem more comfortable IF they are forward facing. The sideways seats are more uncomfortable than the V's because its easy to slip out of them when the bus turns.

I also like the quiet engine.

Archived