Collection of R30 photos from nycsubway.org

DJ Will

Those are definitely rare catches nowdays! From what I heard, the R30/As were very interesting trains as the were distinguished as the only Redbirds in the B division along with other factors. It's too bad that they were retired on the year I was born.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

When was the last time the R27/30's ran on the (;), (D), (J), (L), (M), (N), (Q), (R), and the Franklin Ave Shuttle (S)?

* credit goes to nycsubway.org for these photos *

Will,

Creating a thread using photos from another website is generally not allowed. Even if you're crediting the original website I'd rather that links show instead of hot linking the images.

If you're going to post your own photos you may create a thread for it. :cool:

Just goes to show you young guys taking pictures of the trains now to make some backups onto disc for safe keeping.

Back in the 1990's they use to keep a 12 car set down on the layup tracks near Euclid and use it to catch graffiti artist. That thing sat down there until they started to film Die Hard with a vengeance. Guess they used the wider R 30 for some filming instead of the Irt redbird, they claim to have used.

Archived