Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
DJ Will

Collection of R30 photos from nycsubway.org

Those are definitely rare catches nowdays! From what I heard, the R30/As were very interesting trains as the were distinguished as the only Redbirds in the B division along with other factors. It's too bad that they were retired on the year I was born.

Are these your shots? or simply links to nycsubway.org?

Great compiliation. Thanks for posting. Always love to see the old stuff again. The shot of the culver shuttle is pretty sweet.

Well considering I don't see the nycsubway.org copyright border thing, no. But they might not necessarily been taken by him

it's a compilation from nycsubway, i give credit to them

for anybody wondering, no i didn't take this photos myself, its a collection from different websites

Yo your homework gets an (A)plus kid excellent job and keep up the good work (K)<R>

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

When was the last time the R27/30's ran on the (;), (D), (J), (L), (M), (N), (Q), (R), and the Franklin Ave Shuttle (S)?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

When was the last time the R27/30's ran on the (;), (D), (J), (L), (M), (N), (Q), (R), and the Franklin Ave Shuttle (S)?

Um, no. That's the year the R30's last ran on the (C) line.

* credit goes to nycsubway.org for these photos *

Will,

Creating a thread using photos from another website is generally not allowed. Even if you're crediting the original website I'd rather that links show instead of hot linking the images.

If you're going to post your own photos you may create a thread for it. :cool:

Nice pics! I wish there was still a (NX)
agreed and also the (H) an the vintage shot of the j to 168st. but good pixs.

Just goes to show you young guys taking pictures of the trains now to make some backups onto disc for safe keeping.

Back in the 1990's they use to keep a 12 car set down on the layup tracks near Euclid and use it to catch graffiti artist. That thing sat down there until they started to film Die Hard with a vengeance. Guess they used the wider R 30 for some filming instead of the Irt redbird, they claim to have used.