Worst Station?

Jashawn R.

Do you the station thats in the worst condition? Or a station you hate?

Well, I think Bowery and Chambers Street on the (J)(M)(Z) are in very bad condition.

Stations I hate? Any underground IND station built in the in the late 1940's and the 1950's. Such as Euclid avenue on the (A)(C) and 179th street on the (F). I hate the tile work, and they're both ugly stations. There are more examples of this throughout the system,

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Most stations along the IND Crosstown (G) line such as the 21st Street-Van Alst station and the Broadway station is VERY disgusting. The IND Hoyt-Schermerhorn Street station on the (A)(C) & (G) is also dirty.

Do you the station thats in the worst condition? Or a station you hate?

Well, I think Bowery and Chambers Street on the (J)(M)(Z) are in very bad condition.

Stations I hate? Any underground IND station built in the in the late 1940's and the 1950's. Such as Euclid avenue on the (A)(C) and 179th street on the (F). I hate the tile work, and they're both ugly stations. There are more examples of this throughout the system,

Yeh man I was thinking that same station cuz I passed it today

I like the tiles at 179 but I hate the station. Actually I dislike all of the Queens (E)&(F) Stations east of 71st Ave with 169 Street and Jamaica Center being my least favorite. Those 2 smell awful and 169 is desolate most of the time.

238 St on the (1) could stand to be fixed up a lot. Some days it seems like the stairs are going to cave in.

Broadway Jct, West 4th, Hoyt-Schermerhorn, Bedford Pk, and Penn Station (8th Avenue) had been very dangerous for the past two decades. I've seen muggings ion New Utrect along the stairway to the West End EL a few times as a little kid during the mid 90s.

Grant Avenue (A) looks the ugliest, in my opinion. Broad Channel isn't much better.

Jay Street-Borough Hall used to be in terrible shape, but that's being renovated. I'd have to say that my least favorite station is now Hoyt-Schermerhorn.

Chambers St. (J)(M)(Z) is easily the dirtiest & most derelict of stations. There are many close contenders, but none of them takes the cake as well as Chambers.

Stations I hate? Any underground IND station built in the in the late 1940's and the 1950's. Such as Euclid avenue on the (A)(C)

I think the tilework in Euclid is great. Wish all the IND stations looked like that. The tiles in Liberty, Van Siclen, and Shepherd Aves. are also very nice.

(R)

Chambers St. (J)(M)(Z) is easily the dirtiest & most derelict of stations. There are many close contenders, but none of them takes the cake as well as Chambers.

I think the tilework in Euclid is great. Wish all the IND stations looked like that. The tiles in Liberty, Van Siclen, and Shepherd Aves. are also very nice.

what <R>you kidding me those tiles look like Bellvue not even tilex could help those stations on the (A)

(R)

what <R>you kidding me those tiles look like Bellvue not even tilex could help those stations on the (A)

I'm not talking about the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of the tiles, i'm talking about the design.

So many topics of the same kind.....

anyways seeing no one hasnt done the bronx .. will do.. 138 on the (6) is very bad. Or better every station on the (6).

Gun Hill Road on the (5) Dyre..

149th and Mott on the (2)(4)(5)..

~~

168th on the (1)(A)(C) i agree

145th/157 on the (1)

145th on the (A)(:)(C)(D)

Court Street on the (M)(N)(R) + Borough Hall (2)(3)

59th on Lex (4)(5)! Most passangers just love to urinate at the end of the NB Platform. Smalls bad. And of course ive seen them. at least walking toward there ~ Yuk! + Water leaks on the platform

Wow, I guess you and me have opposite tastes in this matter. A station I find even uglier is Grant Avenue on the (A).

Wondering, do you like the tile work of 34th street Penn station (A)(C)(E)? I think that is the nicest IND station.

Wow, I guess you and me have opposite tastes in this matter. A station I find even uglier is Grant Avenue on the (A).

Wondering, do you like the tile work of 34th street Penn station (A)(C)(E)? I think that is the nicest IND station.

Grant could use a dab of color on the pillars but otherwise I like the vertical lettering of GR | AN | T (copied from Euclid).

As for 34-Penn, the large mosaic is nicely done, but the repeating "34" bugs the hell out of me. It's nothing even remotely close to the original IND stations or even the stations along the Fulton Line (Van Siclen, Shepherd, etc...). This is what the "34" tile font should have been. Was this station in dire need of a rehab to begin with?

Archived