Worst Station?

Jashawn R.

So many topics of the same kind.....

anyways seeing no one hasnt done the bronx .. will do.. 138 on the (6) is very bad. Or better every station on the (6).

Gun Hill Road on the (5) Dyre..

149th and Mott on the (2)(4)(5)..

~~

168th on the (1)(A)(C) i agree

145th/157 on the (1)

145th on the (A)(:)(C)(D)

Court Street on the (M)(N)(R) + Borough Hall (2)(3)

59th on Lex (4)(5)! Most passangers just love to urinate at the end of the NB Platform. Smalls bad. And of course ive seen them. at least walking toward there ~ Yuk! + Water leaks on the platform

Mott on the (2)(4)(5) and 59th on the (4)(5). 59th St for the reason you mentioned. I had 1 guy urinating at the 10 car marker while 2 rats were walking past him and another guy swigging from a small bottle of something while telling the first guy to hurry up because he had to go too !!!

Mott on the (2)(4)(5) and 59th on the (4)(5). 59th St for the reason you mentioned. I had 1 guy urinating at the 10 car marker while 2 rats were walking past him and another guy swigging from a small bottle of something while telling the first guy to hurry up because he had to go too !!!

Hell yeah, smalls bad. Im tired of stepping on the urine. Thats hazards.. Everyday the same thing. Doesn't 59/Lex has Restrooms on the (N)(R)(W)(4)(5)(6) platform or station?

I'm gonna have to agree with Chambers St on the Nassau St Line. It reminds me of a medieval dungeon. All you need is someone coming around on a cart screaming "Bring out your dead!"

Same here but for some reason, I like Bowery (J)(M)(Z). Although it's old, I like it. My dream is to ride an R42 (Z) a few times to Bowery.

Same here but for some reason, I like Bowery (J)(M)(Z). Although it's old, I like it. My dream is to ride an R42 (Z) a few times to Bowery.

Bowery was better when both sides of the station were open. It was originally a standard four-track express-local station with two island platforms, but they closed off one of the platforms in 2004 and consolidated all service on one platform, as four tracks weren't needed.

The worst stations are the ones in desperate need of a repair for me, I'd have to say some stations along the Culver (F) line, and the West End (D) line need their platforms to be fixed. 9th Avenue on the (D)(M) West End line and 18th Avenue (F) line are the two worst stations for me. The 62nd Street/New Utrecht (D) platforms, and overhead awning need a serious repair.

Chambers Street undoubtedly.

My justification is this, it was once perceived as the "Grand Central Terminal" of Downtown, but since the opening of the Nassau loop and Midtown development, Chambers decayed. You have mountains of garbage near the station, an unappealing environment, high ceilings and a dready atmosphere. It really needs work.

The worst stations are the ones in desperate need of a repair for me, I'd have to say some stations along the Culver (F) line, and the West End (D) line need their platforms to be fixed. 9th Avenue on the (D)(M) West End line and 18th Avenue (F) line are the two worst stations for me. The 62nd Street/New Utrecht (D) platforms, and overhead awning need a serious repair.

very good point they could use some work(K)<R>

Worst Stations

Smith-9 Streets (F)(G)

Gun Hill Road (5)

149 Street-Grand Concourse (2)(4)(5)

143 Street (6)

Longwood Avenue (6)

Whitlock Avenue (6)

Morrison Avenue/Soundview Avenue (6)

138 Street-Grand Concourse (4)(5)

47 Street-Rockefeller Center (:P(D)(F)(V) (Q6)

Jamaica-179 Street (E)(F)

Forest Hills (E)(F)(G)(R)(V)

and plenty more...

Bingo. The west end in particular needs a lot of station rehab work.

Bingo. The west end in particular needs a lot of station rehab work.

It would be nice if the West End and Culver lines got a rehabilitation. They could also revive the windows that used to be on the platforms, and revive the BMT-ness back into the station houses.

worst station has to be Chambers Street on the (J)(M)(Z) line. and every station from Broad Channel down in Rockaway. BTW, The Far Rock branch (B67st to B25th st on the (A) ) stations are being prepped for a rebuild as we speak.

What? The Rockaway Park branch is in worse condition, shouldn't that get rehabilitated first?

(This is my first post here. No biggie, but this seems like a cool forum.)

I have three stations I don't really like, for different reasons.

1. Overall aesthetics & condition:

Anything on the (E) train east of Van Wyck Blvd, namely the Supthin Blvd/Archer Av. station I use for LIRR transfer most times. The top level with fare control is fine, then you descend into this ugly, dreary station that's totally out of step with the rest of the system, whether it be IRT/BMT/IND. There's nothing directly dysfunctional about this station I know about, (aside from the lower level (J)(Z) platform being closed for a while) but it's just plain ugly - it would be nice if the ceiling was cleaned and lighting was better, but this would be a total waste of money & resources IMO.

2. Overall experience:

Broadway Junction (A)(C)(L)(J)(Z). You're coming in off a Canarsie bound (L) train waiting to transfer the (J)(Z) at like three in the morning, and just as your exit the (L), you see that busted R42 (J) pull in on the Queens-bound tracks below. You can make it, you know it. It's like five degrees out and windy as hell, so you rush down what feels like thousands of stairs trying to catch that train, and just as you step off on the platform, doors close as you're RIGHT OUTSIDE and that's it. You get to wait another 20-30 minutes at least for the next (J). Freezing cold. That ALWAYS happens to me on late nights. Plus, I've seen a lot of fights at 'da Junction and I know it's got a really bad rep. I once saw two women start fighting on the escalator while one had a baby in a stroller. Bad scene.

3. Overall physical condition:

Smith 9th Streets - (F)(G). I have no personal gripes with this station, but you know it's in bad need of a rehab. Pouring rain? Try and find a spot in the roof that's not leaking. I know there's more stations that are just like Smith 9th, many of which you guys have pointed out. I'll have to take the back way home through the Rockaways one day to see what's up down there.

Guest Charles

Stations along the Queens Blvd line between Union Turnpike and 36 St, especially the local stations, need work. Badly.

Chambers Street definitely, but also most stations on the (J)(M)(Z) lines. Also, I'm surprised that few people have mentioned 200th, 238th Street, and 242nd Street on the (1) as being the worst. 200th/Dyckman's platform is all cracked up and crumbling, and the wooden platform edges are all rotting and buckled. Speaking of buckling, the same thing applies to parts of the concrete portion. The wall and canopy is also decaying severely. I see this station almost every day. And 238th Street is also bad. The stairs are made out of rotted wood covered with rusted metal plates, and the station in general looks as if it will collapse anyday now. If you are standing on the stairs at 225th Street ot 238th, and a train comes in, the station rocks and vibrates violently. it's incredible how the (MTA) just ignores it.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Broadway Lafayette (:o(F)(D)(V)could use something (K)<R>

Wow, are you seroius? That is in excellent condition. Name one thing that is wrong with it. It just got rehabbed in the early 2000's.

Wow, are you seroius? That is in excellent condition. Name one thing that is wrong with it. It just got rehabbed in the early 2000's.

Well howabout the (1)thing they forgot in rehab escalators to the (6)or elevators ,having access to uptown (6)side air conditioning threw out the station they forgot that for a major station in Rehab-process.Like I said the station could use some work(K)<R>

Well how about the (1)thing they forgot in rehab escalators to the (6)or elevators ,having access to uptown (6)side air conditioning threw out the station they forgot that for a major station in Rehab-process.Like I said the station could use some work(K)<R>

Usually if they don't do something like escalators, it's because there is not enough room to place them in the station. Also including a connection to the up town (6) is a very big project, that is why it's its own contract. Remember that they are basically building a new up town platform almost a block south of where it currently is. Wheb B'way was first rehabbed, it made that station 100 times better. The only problem I have with that sation today is that at night it is a homeless camping ground.

Usually if they don't do something like escalators, it's because there is not enough room to place them in the station. Also including a connection to the up town (6) is a very big project, that is why it's its own contract. Remember that they are basically building a new up town platform almost a block south of where it currently is. Wheb B'way was first rehabbed, it made that station 100 times better. The only problem I have with that sation today is that at night it is a homeless camping ground.

LOL you have a point but I figured it was a good idea since that station is so big

All stations on the Dyre Avenue line are decrepit, in my opinion. And most SIR stations could use some TLC...maybe by incorporating TLC with a connection to the rest of the system perhaps???

Archived