Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
jeffmorris

148th Street Yard

From the latest "Tracks of the NYC Subway" book, I think that the 148th Street Yard near the 148th Street station on the (3) route is under a building. I couldn't find the yard in Google Maps and all I could see is a train on a curved track. The http://www.nycsubway.org website doesn't have anything on this yard. I wish to model the entire NYC subway system in Auran Trainz 2004 program and I wish to get the yards right. There's another yard at the end of New Lots Avenue station on the (3) route. That yard is on an elevated structure and in the Street View on Google Maps, the structure looks terrible.

Yes 148th is Under 2 School Buildings. One of em is my old Middle skool. Besides its similar to the (4)s Jerome Yard..

Yes 148th is Under 2 School Buildings. One of em is my old Middle skool. Besides its similar to the (4)s Jerome Yard..

Jerome Yard is under apartment buildings, Tracey Towers in the north and 'The Terrace' IINM in the south.

It's under educational and residential space. From the classrooms in the school, you can hear the squeak of the trains. I worked there for a few months.