My hour or so at Woodlawn

Fred G

Those are excellent Shots there Fred keep it up sir! Mind telling me what street did you get the 3rd shot from ? Thanks!

Thanks mark! There's a ped walkway on the Bronx River Pkwy overpass, north side.

Great photos, Fred!

Thanks and hey stranger! :P

good pics right here. man, i'm jealous of everyone being back home taking pics, and i'm stuck in another state for another month! i wanna take pics like you guys too!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

<6>

Thanks. Why not take some pics of where you are?

Nice!

Thanks, Amtrak 7!

Great pics, Fred!

Thanks MTR!

The Cosmopolitans look so sweet.

Thanks N-Trizzy! I like the NH trains, too.

Very very nice! :cool:

Thanks, Maserati!

Good stuff

Thanks!

Fred, can those cosmos run down the connecting railroad into NYP, or does the 3rd rail fowl?

- A

They can't run on Amtrak's voltages on the wire and where they'd meet LIRR 3rd rail it would be a horrorshow of torn down rail. Retractable 3rd rail shoes and retrofitted electric would make it work.

They can't run on Amtrak's voltages on the wire and where they'd meet LIRR 3rd rail it would be a horrorshow of torn down rail. Retractable 3rd rail shoes and retrofitted electric would make it work.

They should do that then. Am i correct in assuming the voltage is original from the first years of NYC electrification?

All you'd need is a dual inverter transformer, swap em out, give it an operating range of currents. Retractable shoes also.

I'd love to see service from CT to NYP. :eek:

Fortunately the M8's will solve that problem

They will have the new transformer types and retractable shoes? It would be so wicked to have MNRR service run into NYP. :eek::eek::tup:

- A

They'd have to run on MN NH line voltage then switch to Amtrak voltage then switch to old PRR vintage Amtrak voltage at Sunnyside and then to NYP. The Acelas and AEM7's can do all this and hopefully the M8's will be able to.

I made a mistake here; the rail wouldn't be torn out but the shoes would be torn off the cars.

I love these pictures. But aside for the trains, I'm in love with the arch design of that overpass. But, I can't ever figure out what street it is...

Thanks RokuSix, it is Nereid Avenue, just down the hill from the (2)(5) station ;)

I love these pictures. But aside for the trains, I'm in love with the arch design of that overpass. But, I can't ever figure out what street it is...

Fred captured the baby brother of a far grander structure.

http://history.gsmrrclub.org/history5i.html

tr_nicholson.jpg

581560501_3c20978c7e.jpg?v=0

I'm not sure the bridges are related at all, they might be, but i just thought you'd find the similarity in the arch design cool & interesting. :cool:

- A

Archived