Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Queens Surface

Railfan trip 06/05/2009

Since I have been hearing about the Slants going , i'm planning to go the Rockaways to go pics of the Slants. I'll be at 42nd st. around 3:45 to 4:00 on June 5th. So if you wanna join just post here.

Edited by QSC TMC 295

Sounds cool...I'll consider it.

Could you guys meet at Fulton at like 3:45 to 4? It makes sense since we wouldn't have to wait as long (trains take less long to come from both directions).

Ore o motsu kazu. Slants hadoson noo wakare ni noru kotonaku sonzai suru koto hadeki masen suru!

IE I'll be there! The slants are not allowed to be dumped without a farewell ride!

I think about it.

The official word for me is that I am able to make it! Have not been doing much this week and barely been out of my house!

I might move the trip up to Saturday because I might not be able to make it on friday.

If that's the case, I won't be able to make it on Saturday. Got a BBQ to go to!

i got my T/O Exam tomorrow so im definitely goin today...Dom I have ur number so i'll call u later and we can just meet up if u want

i got my T/O Exam tomorrow so im definitely goin today...Dom I have ur number so i'll call u later and we can just meet up if u want

All Right No Problem! I got your voice mail an hour ago. I call you back soon!

Edited by Qns Blvd Dom

So how was the railfan trip (if it happened)? I went on a trip of my own since I was in school until 2 and searched for the last two sets of R40s. At least I got one, but sorry if anyone missed out on a trip....

I was railfanning with Henry. We got on a slant at Utica, got to the first car by Jay (or Hoyt, IDR) where there were 3 other people RFing. Henry and I got to RF from 59th up to 207 and back down to 34th. Henry continued on to W4.

At what time approximately? If you got to 168th Street by around 4:30 or 4:40-something, I think I may have been on that train as well (albeit only in the middle).

We got the train at Utica around 5:20, and at 207 at about 6.

Approximately what time did you get to 59th Street??? Because there was another Slant set at 59th going uptown while I was heading downtown....

I rode a slant from Jay to Utica around 7:45 or so on Saturday. 4425 was the north motor.