Coney Island

R142/A 340

What is the best train to take to coney island? the (N) or (Q)

Whichever one comes first. There is no time savings from waiting for the one that isn't there. That said, if you could get a (D)(F)(N)(Q) to leave 34/Herald Sq at the same time and everything ran according to schedule, the (N) would be the first to arrive and the (F) would be the last.

No, the (N) does not run sea beach express. Nothing ever has bedsides the NX, a short lived route in the 1960's. I think you mean 4th Avenue express.

Yeah the R160s advertise the (N) as Sea Beach Express when it actually runs vila local along Sea Beach; it really runs express along Fourth Avenue and bypasses DeKalb Avenue. To think that some soul would assume actual Sea Beach Express service by breezing through from 59th Street to Coney Island!

I like taking Q to Coney Island because it starts out open cut, then it runs above ground enbankment, then elevated steel structure, where you can see great scenic views of the beach and Coney Island. Also B is Brighton Exp.

Unlike N is mostly open cut.:cool:(A)(MTA)

I like taking Q to Coney Island because it starts out open cut, then it runs above ground enbankment, then elevated steel structure, where you can see great scenic views of the beach and Coney Island. Also B is Brighton Exp.

Unlike N is mostly open cut.:cool:(A)(MTA)

I agree

Whichever one comes first. There is no time savings from waiting for the one that isn't there. That said, if you could get a (D)(F)(N)(Q) to leave 34/Herald Sq at the same time and everything ran according to schedule, the (N) would be the first to arrive and the (F) would be the last.

The only way the (N) and (Q) can leave 34 Street at the same time is if one is on the local track.

As for my favorite line to CI it will be the (Q)

(N) is probably faster. If you're coming from Manhattan (42nd Street), it's a good 32 minutes to 59th Street/4th Av. Add an additional 20 minutes from there to Stillwell Av/Coney Island.

If you're in a rush, I would try the (N). However, if you traveling this weekend, I would use the (Q), as it running Broadway Local/via Bridge/4th Avenue Local/Sea Beach Local (as it always does except for trackwork).

i will always use the (Q). even though its a Brighton Local, at least i dont have my train waiting for the (D) to leave in front of us either Pacific St or 36 St, being held at 36 St for the signal to change or to make a connection with an (M)(R), or at 59 St to make connection with the (R).

the (Q) on the other hand is good cuz once the (:( train leaves Prospect Park, it speeds outta the station, and the (Q) just pulls in right behind it without waiting in the tunnel, and once it leaves Prospect Park, it runs local to Kings Highway, and Express to Sheepshead Bay, and then straight to Coney Island with out stopping in between stations.

i love the (Q), especially with an R68A. lol.

Archived