Can We Use Our Student Metrocards today?

SevenEleven

The cards themselves are active but you will get a ticket if you get stopped for using a school metrocard when school is not in session.

Does this apply when Public School is closed and the private schools are open?

I know on days with both of them are closed, it's a huge no-no.

The kids use it everyday to go to Rikers....then after 9P.M. it stops working and I say this is not a school activity.....the fare is two dollars!!!!....

Well IDK why they try to use it after 8-9 PM when on the card it shows the times it is valid. Some people are just dumb

Does this apply when Public School is closed and the private schools are open? I know on days with both of them are closed, it's a huge no-no.

No. I had school today, and it wouldn't be fair if I couldn't use my card, now would it? Only one bus driver EVER has doubted me for using my card when public schools were out, but Catholic/private schools were still in. If anything, just say you're going to a school function.

Well IDK why they try to use it after 8-9 PM when on the card it shows the times it is valid. Some people are just dumb

Because at times its still valid. On one occasion I used my school metrocard at 9:40 and it worked, which I believe was due to me having a transfer. tried it again at 9:30 a couple days later and it didn't.

Schools were closed because it's BK-QNS Day (I don't know the new name seeing as its citywide now).

No. I had school today, and it wouldn't be fair if I couldn't use my card, now would it? Only one bus driver EVER has doubted me for using my card when public schools were out, but Catholic/private schools were still in. If anything, just say you're going to a school function.

Not to mention that the Archdiocese of New York for one would throw a fit if the MTA voided Student MCs based upon the city public school schedule..

Archived