Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Dave160

Clips from the remake of The Taking of Pelham 123

Wow! Flushing & Brighton was used! That's sweet! :cool: The (Q) is famous now:p lol.

Now Im thinking, if the "Runaway" train takes off in the tunnel at Flushing-Main St, and ends up in Brighton, it's utilizing the cross-over at Queensboro Plaza, down Broadway, via the Bridge into Brooklyn, and looks like its headed down to at least West 8 St via Brighton.. I can't wait to see it.

*I love how Hoyt-Schermerhorn posed as Grand Central-42 St*:o

To bad it wasnt made on the Lex, would of been better.. But good clips. I wonder if these scenes were made during General Orders.

And wow (6) to Flushing, wont happen lol

That Motorman clip is chilling! :confused:

Yea Kinda is...

Thanks for posting those links. I was at Hoyt-Schermernhorn Street station when they were setting up to disguse it as 42nd Street.

Your Welcome :o

Nice stuff. Very nice insight to everything. Btw, the taxicab Ryder escapes in has an ad saying that the movie was made in NY. :o More tourists?

Wow! Flushing & Brighton was used! That's sweet! :cool: The (Q) is famous now:p lol.

Now Im thinking, if the "Runaway" train takes off in the tunnel at Flushing-Main St, and ends up in Brighton, it's utilizing the cross-over at Queensboro Plaza, down Broadway, via the Bridge into Brooklyn, and looks like its headed down to at least West 8 St via Brighton.. I can't wait to see it.

*I love how Hoyt-Schermerhorn posed as Grand Central-42 St*B)

lol u spotted it too huh, lol.

i cant wait to see this movie.

Geez I remember Pelham Bay Dave saying something about how he coulda been in the movie... if he had signed up that coulda been him :confused:

Guess it's a good thing he didn't :cool:

looks good. i was at Woodside when they had the R142 (6) there for shooting. I was like "whoa, what is that doing here?" until my mom told me they were redoing the movie.

*I love how Hoyt-Schermerhorn posed as Grand Central-42 St*B)

Yeah I find that funny as well because those stations are the opposite. Grand Central is nice, has great tile work etc, and Hoyt Schermerhorn is dirty, and has bland IND tile

and that "R142A" is obviously a R62A the face of a R142/A.

and I thought it was funny how it came to $10,000,000.01

"and the 1 cent is your broker's fee."

and I thought it was funny how it came to $10,000,000.01

"and the 1 cent is your broker's fee."

Seems like they're trying to capture the "quirky humor" featured in the original. It was a little funny, but the gravity of the situation kinda stifled it.

lol got a couple of snapshots from the clips.

42hoyt.png

pel123.png

denzelvs160.png

oops.png

if you notice in this one look to the right, you see the sign says (6) Flushing Local.

Edited by Dave160

if you notice in this one look to the right, you see the sign says (6) Flushing Local.

Fail... guess they're hoping no one will notice. They got the obvious one though.

It's also the old 12:30 express service sign. They covered that up with signs that say 3:00.

I just heard current ABC/ESPN announcer and former St.Johns point guard/former Knick/ Mark Jackson say that Pelham 123 was his favorite movie when he was a kid.:tup: