1 More Week for 1 Set of R40 Slants

R32 3838

The TA decided to Keep 1 set (due to an R44 being taken out for Mantenice work) until Next Friday, Not This Friday, After this friday there will be Only 10-12 Active R40 Slants for the next week Making Next Friday their Last Day. So Tommorow will not be their Last day so We have 1 more week but the odds are going to be harder to find 1 set of Slants.

3838, are the R44s going for their small SMS yet?

I don't know but I heard 2010, But all are subject to change, The TA want them to stay until 2012-2014, I think they need to go, They are rusting bad, The ones in staten Island are in better shape and If the R44's do get SMS I think they will have Blue seats.

I think the R42s are more rustier then the R44s. Roof and under bonnets are really rusted out...unless they run better then the R44, the R42 is the most rusted car in the fleet, now that R38s have been gone. and 2014 would make those cars about 42 years old before they go swimming. Kinda long for those guys

Most of the R44s aren't rusting that badly. The other factor here is MDBF, which the R44s fluctuate every year; some years with little to no breakdowns, while others years were just unexplainable. I'm sure they can stand until at least 2014 as long as they don't breakdown as much as the R32s and R42s these past years.

That may be a possibility...the Slants may be used for rush hour relief service. I saw a set parked at 207th Street and there were only two Slants in service today (I rode one from 207th to Utica). I hope that there will be at least one Slant tomorrow, I won't have time to go searching for one next week.

Archived