CSX replacing grade crossings?

metsfan

2 weeks ago woodbourne road was closed where the trenton line/R3 crosses it (there's the :septa: station RIGHT there), they put in a totally new grade crossing, replacing the out of alignment metal plates with new solid concrete blocks. Last night i came across the same situation right next to the langhorne :septa: station. Is this limited to these 2 crossings, or are they replacing all of them between philly and bound brook & other locations?

I have photos that i took with my iPhone, i'll post them ASAP. It really was a sight to behold, i even (while looking constantly both ways of course ears open) walked where the metal plates used to be where they tore them up, i saw the ties. It was so cool, because those new filler panels will likely be there till i'm an old man, and i stepped where they are going to cover. :cool:

About 2 minutes after we left, a double headed (& quite long) CSX freight train came screaming through at about 45 mph. I'm kinda sad that i didn't get photo of the train & closed crossing & missing filler panels. Once in a lifetime. :eek:

- A

Archived