Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
christheumpire

T/O Class in June?

Hi!

Currently in pre-emp for T/O. Will they start a class in June/ July? Is it twice a year or what?

There is no standard to when they have classes. Sometimes they have 2 a year others like in 2000 they had 5 HUGE classes.

Thanks, Big Guy!

Took the TO exam today as a Plan B...lot more GO's, situational scenarios and math than the last one, which was basically a glorified reading-comprehension test.

Maybe 'cause they combined the OCs and promos in this one instead of separate exams. Looks like another 15,000 this time around. DCAS is buying Blackberries for all their managers on the money they made with this one....

Thanks, Big Guy!

Took the TO exam today as a Plan B...lot more GO's, situational scenarios and math than the last one, which was basically a glorified reading-comprehension test.

Maybe 'cause they combined the OCs and promos in this one instead of separate exams. Looks like another 15,000 this time around. DCAS is buying Blackberries for all their managers on the money they made with this one....

The numbers I heard were higher than that. Should be in the paper next week

To me it seems like less people took it than the C/R. Franklin K Lane HS didn't look too packed like I saw FDR HS back when I took the exam.

How many people are usually in a TO class? Whats the usually amount of TOs that they hire in 1 year?

How many people are usually in a TO class? Whats the usually amount of TOs that they hire in 1 year?

They hire based on need, not a set quota.

They hire based on need, not a set quota.

there are 10 in a class with 2 train service supervisors (teachers) a better question would be how many classes. when i went to school car there was about 6 or 8 different classes going on at the same time. school car lasts about 3 months

there are 10 in a class with 2 train service supervisors (teachers) a better question would be how many classes. when i went to school car there was about 6 or 8 different classes going on at the same time. school car lasts about 3 months

Everything you just said is false.

A class can have 10 people or it can have 200 people, whatever the TA needs at the time. The class is split into groups of smaller amounts with a TSS. These smaller groups are still part of the same class. The date you start school car is your class, everyone that starts that day is in the same class.

School car for T/O lasts about 3 months for the A division but it is 6 months for the B division.

Everything you just said is false.

A class can have 10 people or it can have 200 people, whatever the TA needs at the time. The class is split into groups of smaller amounts with a TSS. These smaller groups are still part of the same class. The date you start school car is your class, everyone that starts that day is in the same class.

School car for T/O lasts about 3 months for the A division but it is 6 months for the B division.

excuse me: everything I said is not false, maybe worded wrong? but not false. I was in a class of 10 persons for 3 months in A div. with 2 tss' as I said there were about 6-8 other classes going on at ther same time. at graduation all the classes going on at the same time graduated together. so hence about 60 to 80 persons graduated to t/o's road service div. A the same day I did. that's how it was when I went to school car in 2001

Hi!

Currently in pre-emp for T/O. Will they start a class in June/ July? Is it twice a year or what?

14 T/Os start tomorrow (6/8/09), 6 start on 6/22 and 5 start on 7/6. There is projected hiring beyond that, but nothing set in stone.

Classes are started whenever OMB says so.

The largest T/O class this year has been 30, broken up into 3 groups of 10. The largest from last year was 80, broken up into 8 groups of 10.

Last year we trained 250+ new T/Os; this year we're scheduled for 105.