Soooooo....How was the T/O test??

NASCAR

It's been a looooong time building up to this exam...HA HA! This is the "Moment Of Truth!" Let us know yur thoughts about the test...Was it Hard?Easy?Too Easy?Tricky?Were you nervous?Where did you take it?Was it ALOT of people?Do you think you did well?Were there any FIGHTS on the line or inside??lol Those who took the Promotional, let us know how that went as well...

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been a looooong time building up to this exam...HA HA! This is the "Moment Of Truth!" Let us know yur thoughts about the test...Was it Hard?Easy?Too Easy?Tricky?Were you nervous?Where did you take it?Was it ALOT of people?Do you think you did well?Were there any FIGHTS on the line or inside??lol Those who took the Promotional, let us know how that went as well...

So I guess this is the official post T/O exam thread,haha. I took it at I.S 93 in Ridgewood. I got there around 9:30am,there was a line a block and a half long already. Parking wasn't too bad,found a spot just 3 short blocks away. The doors opened around 10:20am,so I stood in line for about 45 minutes,in the shade thankfully. No fights on the line,or inside the school. My back is a little stiff,those desks are for kids and not adults,lol. I was on the 4th floor,towards the back,nice breeze coming inside the classroom.

I found the exam a little tricky,geography was the easiest,military time questions weren't too bad. You just had to read the paragraphs carefully. I am not going to guess how I did as the last test that I took(B/O)I thought maybe 2 or 3 wrong,BUZZ,got 12 wrong. We will find out how we did in a few weeks. Good luck everybody.

I guess it was pretty easy! but like locomotion69 when i took the conductor test I thought I did better than I actually did! I took mine in some HS in the city at like 1st ave and 15th street ! my test was suppose to be at 10 but didnt start till after 11am..

I guess it was pretty easy! but like locomotion69 when i took the conductor test I thought I did better than I actually did! I took mine in some HS in the city at like 1st ave and 15th street ! my test was suppose to be at 10 but didnt start till after 11am..

They never start on time. It generally gets started at least an hour and a quarter beyond the report time of 10am.

The test was pretty easy, only question I wasnt sure was about which cars do you put a break on on a grade or something like that. Alot of reading small amount of problem solving. I took the test around guy r brewer in some junior highschoo...I got there 45 minutes before startime and the line was about 3 blocks long.

I got there at like 9:10 AM, there was no line, they were letting people in. Test I felt was a bit more challenging than the C/R exam, I took longer than before. Only question I know I failed was the Hunter College question, I had no idea where it was and picked Long Island City.

Damn I can't believe JFK is in Queens and not brooklyn. This really sucks, I feel I ace the exam except this question.

This really sucks..I think my chances was eliminate by 50 percent.

good luck to everybody.

this test was easier than the t/o test 10 years ago i think i got 100%. last time i got 97.5%. only b/c I have all the transit books from school car. does anyone know how long the wait is before they start calling ? last time it was over a year. hoping everybody here gets called. xto

this test was easier than the t/o test 10 years ago i think i got 100%. last time i got 97.5%. only b/c I have all the transit books from school car. does anyone know how long the wait is before they start calling ? last time it was over a year. hoping everybody here gets called. xto

If you scored so high 2 tests ago then why aren't you working down here already?

It will take at least a year to certify the list then they will call from the promotional list first. Then they have to fully exhaust the promotional list before they start calling from the open competetive list.

(NYCT)(NYCT)I took the test at JHS 194 in Whitestone, Queens. On the way on the bus I started to get fearful. I suppressed the fear then I felt anxious. The call time was 10:00 a.m. I arrived around 9:00a.m. and the line was already long. They didn't usher us in until about 10:15a.m. The actual exam didn't start until about 11:20a.m. I found the test easy. All you had to do was regurgitate the info. in the paragraphs provided. I sarted to get bent out of shape with problems involving time schedules and military time. But I forced myself to not linger on these questions. I went on to finish the exam and then I went back to the questions I didn't originally answer. Since I had plenty of time I was able to calmly fill in the answers. I feel I scored high overall.

I would like to at this time, remind people to read the FAQs we have posted. The MTA exam FAQ has this question answered.

Q: I've taken the exam but I haven't received my list number, what's going on? Did the MTA forget about me?

A: No. It takes a year for the MTA to finalize the answers and establish the hiring list. Once the list has been established, you will receive a letter with your score and list number.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10419

The test was pretty easy, only question I wasnt sure was about which cars do you put a break on on a grade or something like that. Alot of reading small amount of problem solving. I took the test around guy r brewer in some junior highschoo...I got there 45 minutes before startime and the line was about 3 blocks long.

That one was tricky,I was stuck with choosing the first 2 cars of the train or the last 2 cars of the train. The other question that I found hard was the one with 11 tracks in a yard,you had different amount of cars on all of the trains,they gave you a percentage(75%)and (50%)and you had to find out how many more cars you can fit on all of the trains.

Julio:I can't believe you didn't know Hunter College was on the Upper East Side(E68St/btwn Lex and Park. The only college in Long Island City is La Guardia Community College. I hope everybody knew where the Statue of Liberty was and what borough Citi Field is in.

i worked in road service in 2001 I was fired b/c of un accurate answers I gave on my employment app. I will not give you details , I will fight with a lawyer this time, if they try to deny me the position . based on civil rights of equal employment etc.

I feel I aced the exam! The math was easy and I wish u could get the list number faster. I scored a 94.80 on the C/R exam and my list number was 3620 why? I think this test was easier than the C/R. I just hope the list number I get this time is lower. I know the subway so well that seeing all these guys with MTA books was kind of funny. If you really know the subway and it's operations you don't need the Book. Well good Luck to everyone who took the exam! for those in the system already congratulations I hope to join amongst you soon. Alberto.

That one was tricky,I was stuck with choosing the first 2 cars of the train or the last 2 cars of the train. The other question that I found hard was the one with 11 tracks in a yard,you had different amount of cars on all of the trains,they gave you a percentage(75%)and (50%)and you had to find out how many more cars you can fit on all of the trains.

Julio:I can't believe you didn't know Hunter College was on the Upper East Side(E68St/btwn Lex and Park. The only college in Long Island City is La Guardia Community College. I hope everybody knew where the Statue of Liberty was and what borough Citi Field is in.

the correct answer to the 11 track question was 43 train cars, the other question was the 2 cars on the down grade, even if that not really how it is done. that's what the paragraph said , my school car books say different, but remember your taking a test based on what given in the test , not what is real ta policy. I'm going to have to check the rule book.

The tentative answer key will be posted on the DCAS web site in @4 weeks. If you wrote down your answers, you will be able to figure out your score. The list number will happen 9-12 months later. DCAS has been establishing certified lists in a shorter timeframe than previously.

Oh man it was a breeze the only hard part was sitting on bottom <4>(3)hours but some good questions to talk about like there was on I got about the horn and buzzers section if anybody knows what I'm talking about it'

It was the last (1)what should the T/O do the fire has stopped and he has (2)go back (2)the station that answer was 4-5short blasts right??(K)<R>

I got there at like 9:10 AM, there was no line, they were letting people in. Test I felt was a bit more challenging than the C/R exam, I took longer than before. Only question I know I failed was the Hunter College question, I had no idea where it was and picked Long Island City.

Hunter College is on the Upper east side, take the (6) to 68th street IIRC.

I'm a Brooklyn boy, I don't know much about Manhattan past Columbus circle.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Tiime for Julio to start railfanning on the (6) :-P

My roommate almost had me going for a minute. I picked liberty island for lady liberty's location and he told me there is no liberty island. I was like O_O noooooo. But then I googled it and it showed up so I was like >_< -punches roommate's arm- anyway yah that test was super easy. Glad I was cautious as I was tho.

Don't feel bad us in jamaica 008 didn't start till 1145am

Archived