Soooooo....How was the T/O test??

NASCAR

I don't think the thread is pointless. A number of things can be discussed related to the test, but "how far along the hiring is" has been beaten to death. When news happens, it will be posted. Alex L. and others have been good about keeping everyone updated, so if you hear nothing, odds are nothing has changed.

However the thread is very useful, it's just this "so are they hiring yet?" every 2 weeks is getting old. That's all I'm saying.

Yes. I'm not on this particular list, but another which may also be doomed for the foreseeable future. And even if I don't ever get called because they eliminate the title or do w/e ... then I have other options and will look for more ... and I suggest anyone else do the same. The fact for everyone here is that this is a BAD time to be trying to get a transit job in both NYCT and RRs ... no reason to stay positive about it because that's the reality and there is nothing you can do about it other than look elsewhere. They will most likely hire more eventually, but I would wait for the dust to settle from the service cuts before you check back for "updates".

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.607 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

What is with the self help bullshit on this thread? There's no reason to "stay positive" or be "debbie downer" just be a realist and do what I've said 7 to 20 pages ago. LIVE YOUR LIFE, and if you get called be pleasantly surprised. This isn't the NBA draft so quit asking for updates. Right now there are none. I know that sucks, I know a lot were looking forward to it, but asking constantly is pointless. Telling people no is pointless. Then everyone getting together for a hug and saying "we're staying positive" is pointless.

Just do what you do and wait. In the meantime get shit done and stack as much paper as you can. Live your life and have fun. Then when you get the call, take it or leave it.

I

• 2 weeks later...
What is with the self help bullshit on this thread? There's no reason to "stay positive" or be "debbie downer" just be a realist and do what I've said 7 to 20 pages ago. LIVE YOUR LIFE...

I used to know a Debbie Downer.

No, seriously, that was her real name.:cool:

100%, list #48. now we need them to start hiring.;)

after they get through the 800 people ahead of you on the promotion list. and since that seems to be the safest title i dont see a lot of people turning it down. but anyway lets get this started.

after they get through the 800 people ahead of you on the promotion list. and since that seems to be the safest title i dont see a lot of people turning it down. but anyway lets get this started.

Well then the conductors list should move quicker which i have a good # on also. THANKS;)

Well then the conductors list should move quicker which i have a good # on also. THANKS;)

well its not just conductors on the list, its also station agents ,cleaners and B/o's. i'm not sure when conductors will be called again.

Good day every one,

I'm trying to find out how and where can i find official results for exam 8098 (train Operator). I called the number they gave me which reaches an automated system within DCAS and they did infact tell me my score, list number, etc; however, I would like to know if there is a particular place where these results can be obtained "officially".

Maybe a link within DCAS that i am completely unaware of???

Any and all information will br greatly appreciated and useful not only to myself but to others who are anxiously waiting for their results.

Thanks everyone.

well its not just conductors on the list, its also station agents ,cleaners and B/o's. i'm not sure when conductors will be called again.

Hmm lots of factors on the promotional lists. 1/3 rule, sick days used, layed off workers. but keep up your positive comments. thanks

Good day every one,

I'm trying to find out how and where can i find official results for exam 8098 (train Operator). I called the number they gave me which reaches an automated system within DCAS and they did infact tell me my score, list number, etc; however, I would like to know if there is a particular place where these results can be obtained "officially".

Maybe a link within DCAS that i am completely unaware of???

Any and all information will br greatly appreciated and useful not only to myself but to others who are anxiously waiting for their results.

Thanks everyone.

That is "officially". You will receive your results that you already heard over the phone in hardcopy form, in the mail shortly.

Archived