Soooooo....How was the T/O test??

NASCAR

What do you guys think will be a legimate score to def be called in the future??? I was thinking like 7 wrong answer which would be like a 92 anything under that your prob porked.....thoughts????

For the T/O tests it's usually 94-95 as the cut off. Thousands of people usually get in the 97-98 area.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many points is each correct answer worth? How do you come to your score when you check the answerk key on the DCAS website?
You divide the amount of correct answers to the total amount of questions. For example, you get 78 out of 80 questions correct, you would divide 78 by 80 which gives you 0.975. You then remove the zero and decimal point and also any number after the second digit, so that would give you a score of 97%

I agree completely. When DCAS publishes their official answer key in a few weeks, you will be able to determine and compare your scores. It is great to say now "how did you answer the question that asked....." However, comparing your answer keys at this time is pointless as it has been noted that they used two different scantron answer forms. Until then, you are running around in circles and worrying needlessly.

It doesn't matter if they used 2 different scantrons. The answers are all the same. There is only 1 answer key. Do you honestly think the MTA and Dcas are going to spend money making two different answer keys when they can pocket that same money?

You divide the amount of correct answers to the total amount of questions. For example, you get 78 out of 80 questions correct, you would divide 78 by 80 which gives you 0.975. You then remove the zero and decimal point and also any number after the second digit, so that would give you a score of 97%

The way I do it is for every right answer=1.25,so 1.25x78=97.5,now I am not sure if they use decimals or just whole numbers,but this is from DCAS,so I believe it is the same.

I have only taken 1 exam from DCAS where I saw the final scores from the list.

98.75..97.50...96.25...95.00..Correct me if I am wrong,thanks.

I have the same answers that you corrected, i aslo have 5 more that is different. 2 I know i have wrong already. I'm hoping you get those 3 wrong.

There is no way you get 100.

Hah.hah

Checking your answers with mine, either you got a lot wrong, or I did. I know I did great, so I think you got a lot wrong. We shall see in 5 weeks.

I have the same answers that you corrected, i aslo have 5 more that is different. 2 I know i have wrong already. I'm hoping you get those 3 wrong.

There is no way you get 100.

Hah.hah

everyone is going to have different answers as some people made different mistakes than others, just wait for the answer key to show up on the DCAS website because you wont get any info from looking at other peoples answers.

It doesn't matter if they used 2 different scantrons. The answers are all the same. There is only 1 answer key. Do you honestly think the MTA and Dcas are going to spend money making two different answer keys when they can pocket that same money?

The AM and PM tests were different so there are going to be two different answer keys. Just look at the DCAS website and you will see that everytime they give the T/O exam the AM and PM sessions have different keys. Its because if I went to the AM session and sold the questions to someone who had the PM session test, they would be able to prepare for the answers.

The way I do it is for every right answer=1.25,so 1.25x78=97.5,now I am not sure if they use decimals or just whole numbers,but this is from DCAS,so I believe it is the same.

I have only taken 1 exam from DCAS where I saw the final scores from the list.

98.75..97.50...96.25...95.00..Correct me if I am wrong,thanks.

you are correct dude: every question is worth 1.25 points - simple as that =)

i asked this on page 7 but in the mass postings of the day after the test it got lost in the pack and wasnt discussed.

the one that asked about train crew 104, was their train in customer service for 2 hours and 58 minutes? i got 2 hours and 51 minutes but then i noticed it was waiting at a stop for 7 so they probably counted that too

i asked this on page 7 but in the mass postings of the day after the test it got lost in the pack and wasnt discussed.

the one that asked about train crew 104, was their train in customer service for 2 hours and 58 minutes? i got 2 hours and 51 minutes but then i noticed it was waiting at a stop for 7 so they probably counted that too

It was 2 hours and 58 minutes.

im fairly sure they use decimal points

1 wrong= 98.75

2 wrong= 97.50

3 wrong= 96.25

4 wrong= 95.00

5 wrong= 93.75

DCAS gives a value of 1.25 to each question/response so the above example is correct.

Hello all,

New member question: Given that the MTA Answer Key will only provide the correct *letter* (answer) for each question, and not the questions themselves, how are we to know which ones we want to argue? I can think of a few questions that were worded very tricky where I might have a case, but I have no idea what the question numbers were.

Below are two links to two Answer Key examples for some earlier MTA test. Note that both Answer Keys are for the same test. This is because, like ours, the test was on a Saturday, and some people, because of religious reasons, couldn't take it on Sat and so took it the day before (Friday). As pointed out here by several people, we may have an additional Answer Key due to the AM and PM sessions, as it would have been nuts for both the AM and PM tests to have been the same. People leaving the AM session might easily have passed along questions/answers to PM test takers, especially by cellphone where no one would know.

Both Answer Keys below are in the form of a PDF file...

PROMOTION TO DISPATCHER - EXAM NUMBER 2951

JANUARY 31, 2009 (Saturday):

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/hr/pdf/answerkey2951.pdf

*SABBATH OBSERVER* VERSION - JANUARY 30, 2009 (Friday):

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/hr/pdf/answerkey2951_so.pdf

Thanks all, and happy to be here!

Hello all,

New member question: Given that the MTA Answer Key will only provide the correct *letter* (answer) for each question, and not the questions themselves, how are we to know which ones we want to argue? I can think of a few questions that were worded very tricky where I might have a case, but I have no idea what the question numbers were.

Below are two links to two Answer Key examples for some earlier MTA test. Note that both Answer Keys are for the same test. This is because, like ours, the test was on a Saturday, and some people, because of religious reasons, couldn't take it on Sat and so took it the day before (Friday). As pointed out here by several people, we may have an additional Answer Key due to the AM and PM sessions, as it would have been nuts for both the AM and PM tests to have been the same. People leaving the AM session might easily have passed along questions/answers to PM test takers, especially by cellphone where no one would know.

Both Answer Keys below are in the form of a PDF file...

JANUARY 31, 2009 (Saturday):

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/hr/pdf/answerkey2951.pdf

*SABBATH OBSERVER* VERSION - JANUARY 30, 2009 (Friday):

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/hr/pdf/answerkey2951_so.pdf

Thanks all, and happy to be here!

You should have used the old 2003 Train Operator answer key as an example as it shows there are different answer keys for the AM and PM session.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/keys/ktrainoperator2085.pdf

Also You were supposed to write down which number the question was that you wanted to protest on the green PROTEST form so that way when you go to the protest hearing you know which question it was. They give you a chance to read over the test you took when you appear at the protest review session.

They give you a chance to read over the test you took when you appear at the protest review session.

That is correct. They will provide you with your test booklet and you'll then be able to review the questions and protest any answers.

"You were supposed to write down which number the question was that you wanted to protest on the green PROTEST form so that way when you go to the protest hearing you know which question it was."

I just re-read the protest form (mine is pink, not green) and it actually says, under "Instructions":

"Only the letters indicating your choice of answers may be written on this sheet below. DO NOT write anything else on this side of the sheet. If you write anything else on this sheet, you may be disqualified."

And...

"After you have exited the test, if you wish to attend the Protest Review Session to review the test questions and protest any key answers, you may fill-out the "Request for an Appointment to Attend the Protest Review Session" slip"

Thanks for the tip on the NYC.gov site for Answer Keys. I didn't know they post them there as well.

PS: I'm still trying to get the hang of posting on this site. This is only my second post. Several things yet to learn.

"You were supposed to write down which number the question was that you wanted to protest on the green PROTEST form so that way when you go to the protest hearing you know which question it was."

I just re-read the protest form (mine is pink, not green) and it actually says, under "Instructions":

"Only the letters indicating your choice of answers may be written on this sheet below. DO NOT write anything else on this side of the sheet. If you write anything else on this sheet, you may be disqualified."

They wont disqualify you just for writing down the number of the question you want to protest. If anything you could have just circled the number of the question on the protest form since all of the question numbers are already there. They put that disclaimer in there so people dont write down the actual questions or anything like that on the protest paper.

>the old 2003 Train Operator answer key...

>shows there are different answer keys for the AM and PM session.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...erator2085.pdf

Interesting in these 2003 AM/PM Answer Keys you linked to is the fact that there were several questions on each that had TWO correct answers.

Example from the 2003 AM session:

65: A and/or D, 59: A and/or B, etc...

>the old 2003 Train Operator answer key...

>shows there are different answer keys for the AM and PM session.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...erator2085.pdf

Interesting in these 2003 AM/PM Answer Keys you linked to is the fact that there were several questions on each that had TWO correct answers.

Questions with more than one correct answers are questions that were successfully protested.

>Interesting in these 2003 AM/PM Answer Keys you linked to is the fact that there were several questions on each that had TWO correct answers.

If you read the instructions of the test they asked you to select the BEST answer that fit. There are sometimes two answers that fit.

Some questions have multiple answers.

For example:

I dont remember the exact question but one of them was something like

While sally was operting the train she used the radio to ask what time her lunch break was. Was Sally incorrect or correct for doing so?

a few choices were:

A: Sally was incorrect because she should not be using the radio for unnecessary radio traffic as this information could have been attained via a telephone call

B: Sally was incorrect because she shoudl have memorized her schedule.

I know this wasnt exactly how the question went but Im sure either one of those answers were correct because the main point thye are trying to convey is that you are not supposed to use the radio for unneccesary radio trafic when this information was not vital for the transit system.

Questions with more than one correct answers are questions that were successfully protested.

Not all questions with duplicate answers are protested questions. I dont think they show protested question changes on the answer keys as the answer keys are released before the protest period is over and completed.

Archived