Soooooo....How was the T/O test??

NASCAR

If you read the instructions of the test they asked you to select the BEST answer that fit. There are sometimes two answers that fit.

Some questions have multiple answers.

For example:

I dont remember the exact question but one of them was something like

While sally was operting the train she used the radio to ask what time her lunch break was. Was Sally incorrect or correct for doing so?

a few choices were:

A: Sally was incorrect because she should not be using the radio for unnecessary radio traffic as this information could have been attained via a telephone call

B: Sally was incorrect because she shoudl have memorized her schedule.

I know this wasnt exactly how the question went but Im sure either one of those answers were correct because the main point thye are trying to convey is that you are not supposed to use the radio for unneccesary radio trafic when this information was not vital for the transit system.

Wrong, there are only one set of original correct answers. The second answer you see listed on certain keys are answers that were accepted after they were successfully protested. If no one protested that question, then the people that selected anything else besides what is the original answer will get it wrong.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wrong, there are only one set of original correct answers. The second answer you see listed on certain keys are answers that were accepted after they were successfully protested. If no one protested that question, then the people that selected anything else besides what is the original answer will get it wrong.

I dont think you are correct. The protest session happens after the answer keys are released. THen another 30 days after that the Test Validation Board makes their decision on the protested questions.

Not all questions with duplicate answers are protested questions. I dont think they show protested question changes on the answer keys as the answer keys are released before the protest period is over and completed.

Wrong. They release two answer keys, the proposed answer keys and the final answer keys. They release the proposed answer keys a month after the exam date. People use the proposed answer key to determine which questions they got wrong and to see if they wish to dispute it during the protest period. After the protest period is done, the MTA will then determine if anyone successfully protested a question. Later on they will release the final answer key which will include both the original answer and any other answers that were protested will be listed along. If you see the DCAS website, none of the proposed answer keys have more than one answer.

On the pink request form which has to be postmarked by June 13th, on the bottom Certificate Of Attendance, they want to know the room monitor, room number, etc.. Is that section for them to fill out? Or do we just fill out the top, Request For An Appointment.

Also on How To Submit Protest's By Mail, you must submit the original and three copies. Of what? And if you do not have the test questions, how do you know what answers you are prosting about.

I live in Colorado so it's not so easy to pop in.

Incidently, I took the test by 187th & Crotona Ave. The street corner where Dion & The Belmonts hung out. I'm in the music business so maybe for me that was a good omen!

you dont remember your room and seat number? at Bronx Regional High School they gave us a card with our seat and room numbers. i actually remember i was in room 423, seat 28. if you dont remember it then leave it blank, they'll probably let you in.

and wait until you have something to protest before you worry about that. you wont know until they show you the questions again. IF you do have a question to protest, im sure they will let you know how to do it at the session

you dont remember your room and seat number? at Bronx Regional High School they gave us a card with our seat and room numbers. i actually remember i was in room 423, seat 28. if you dont remember it then leave it blank, they'll probably let you in.

and wait until you have something to protest before you worry about that. you wont know until they show you the questions again. IF you do have a question to protest, im sure they will let you know how to do it at the session

But if you want to attend the protest session, you'd better hurry up and mail that 'request to attend the session' form by this Saturday! It's at the bottom of the long pink paper (answer sheet). Read the instructions carefully. You need to send them with the form a self-addressed business-size envelope. They're giving us 7 days from the test to submit the 'request to attend' form. In any case, I'm sure lots of other people will protest a bunch of questions, and if they're successful, they (the MTA) will probably modify the answers and make 2 or more answers acceptable and we will all benefit regardless of whether or not we attended. At least that's the way I figure it.

>Questions with more than one correct answers

> are questions that were successfully protested.

>They release two answer keys, the proposed answer keys

>and the final answer keys. They release the proposed answer keys

>a month after the exam date. People use the proposed answer key

>to determine which questions they got wrong and to see if they wish >to dispute it during the protest period. After the protest period is done,

>the MTA will then determine if anyone successfully protested a question.

>Later on they will release the final answer key which will include both >the original answer and any other answers that were protested will be listed along. If you see the DCAS website, none of the proposed

> answer keys have more than one answer.

Thanks. That's what I figured after giving it some thought. I wonder why only the NYC.gov site posts the final answer key? The MTA site should too.

Thanks. That's what I figured after giving it some thought. I wonder why only the NYC.gov site posts the final answer key? The MTA site should too.

it's not on the NYC.gov website but on the DCAS website. DCAS handles all city examination which is why it's posted on their website.

If you read the instructions of the test they asked you to select the BEST answer that fit. There are sometimes two answers that fit.

For example:

I dont remember the exact question but one of them was something like

While sally was operting the train she used the radio to ask what time her lunch break was. Was Sally incorrect or correct for doing so?

a few choices were:

A: Sally was incorrect because she should not be using the radio for unnecessary radio traffic as this information could have been attained via a telephone call

I know this wasnt exactly how the question went but Im sure either one of those answers were correct because the main point thye are trying to convey is that you are not supposed to use the radio for unneccesary radio trafic when this information was not vital for the transit system.

nah that one in my opinion was a bit more obvious because in the paragraph it mentioned something about a policy which states "T/Os shouldn't use their radios for something that can be done via the telephone" so choice A there would be the BEST fit for that.

For example:

a few choices were:

Let's look at the Rules as they apply to Sally:

• Sally can't use the radio to ask stupid questions.

• Sally can't use a TA telephone to ask stupid questions.

• Sally can't use a cell phone while on duty.

• Sally is required to have a schedule card for her job in her possession.

Ergo, Sally is so dumb that she can't read her schedule, and will, instead, drop $.25 in a pay phone to ask a stupid question of a very busy Dispatcher. Let's say we fire Sally now before she does something mind-blowingly stupid and let everyone behind her move up one.

In truth, though, both answers are bad, but option is A is less bad.

it's not on the NYC.gov website but on the DCAS website. DCAS handles all city examination which is why it's posted on their website.

I was referring to this link that Messino posted:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/keys/ktrainoperator2085.pdf

The one I posted, I found on the MTA website:

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/hr/pdf/answerkey2951.pdf

hey, howbout that question on the correct way for the T/O to radio his train information (starting station, ending station, time, etc) when starting his run - the correct answer, I think, was something like "A train from Lefferts Ave. to 207 St. at 0950 hours". 2 answers were clearly wrong because they left out information, and the remaining 2 were very similar and I think they both had all the relevant information, but one of them didn't have the word 'hours' next to the 0950, so I chose the other one (cuz I thought you're officially supposed to include 'hours' when using military time)...anyone remember that question?

hey, howbout that question on the correct way for the T/O to radio his train information (starting station, ending station, time, etc) when starting his run - the correct answer, I think, was something like "A train from Lefferts Ave. to 207 St. at 0950 hours". 2 answers were clearly wrong because they left out information, and the remaining 2 were very similar and I think they both had all the relevant information, but one of them didn't have the word 'hours' next to the 0950, so I chose the other one (cuz I thought you're officially supposed to include 'hours' when using military time)...anyone remember that question?

Yep, you just had to look at the paragraph you read and it shows the exact order, it was pretty easy. I remeber taking the Bell Atlantic battery test back in the days for a position there and it was actually more difficult and I still aced it. The People who worked there wanted mto go straight to technician but I didnt have a license at the time.

Yep, you just had to look at the paragraph you read and it shows the exact order, it was pretty easy. I remeber taking the Bell Atlantic battery test back in the days for a position there and it was actually more difficult and I still aced it. The People who worked there wanted mto go straight to technician but I didnt have a license at the time.

yeah messino, I hear you about the order of the information, but the answer that was in the order they gave in the question was the one without the 'hours' after the 0950, so I was confused and chose the one that wasn't in the 'right' order because it had 'hours.' and I remember specifically the question didn't say that the information had to be in a certain order, it just said: here's the info that the T/O should radio, which is the best answer...so, I don't know, pretty confusing.

yeah messino, I hear you about the order of the information, but the answer that was in the order they gave in the question was the one without the 'hours' after the 0950, so I was confused and chose the one that wasn't in the 'right' order because it had 'hours.' and I remember specifically the question didn't say that the information had to be in a certain order, it just said: here's the info that the T/O should radio, which is the best answer...so, I don't know, pretty confusing.

Some of the questions were definately worded tricky. I remember one of the questions was asking bringing the train to an open door with a parked train through it and asking the order of the amount of length and how many times to stop changing the amount etc.. All in all I would really like to do it myself sometime in the future instead of just reading about it :P

I know we will get the answers in a few weeks, but how do we know what the questions were to the answers if we don't get a test sheet.

IMPORTANT: In order to attend the Protest Review Session, you have to first fill-out and mail (BY TOMORROW/SATURDAY, JUNE 13th) the Request To Attend Form on the back of the pink answer sheet we took home. It's a tiny part of the pink sheet. You have to cut it out with scissors. You also need to include a self-addressed, stamped, business-sized envelope. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE BACK OF THE PINK SHEET CAREFULLY. They gave us 7 days from the day we took the test to mail back the form.

However, even if you don't attend the July 8th, 2009, protest session, there will likely be a lot of test takers there who will protest many of the questions. And if they're successful, the answer keys will be modified (for everyone).

if they're successful, the answer keys will be modified (for everyone).

Only for those that selected the protested answer, if you didn't select either the original or protested answer you will still get marked down as wrong.

I wasn't sure about bringing the train within a certain feet of an object in the yard question. They had to answeres with the same number. One was something like 50ft, 10 ft, 2ft within the door. The other was 50ft, 10 ft, 2ft within the train car. I chose the train car, because in the beginning of the question it worded it train operators have to stop within certain feet of some objects, objects such as train cars. I'm not sure what's the answer.

It's not fair that I actually read the question and got the answer right the first time that I have to share the same score with you guys who protest the questions you obviously got wrong. The questions are not difficult if you ACTUALLY read the question before answering. All the Dcas tests are very simple. 4 choices. 2 are definitely not the answer. 1 can be the answer if you miss a key word in the question. I really don't think someone that protested a question and ended up getting the same score as I did deserves to have the same seniority as I do if I got all of my questions right on the first try. If you don't pay attention you deserve to have the wrong answer. There is a lot of whining in this thread that the questions weren't fair. They were very clear. You guys are acting like the criminals that blame their victims they rob for being rich. You're acting like you are the victims.

Archived