Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
LRG

R40 Slant Farewell Trip

As everyone knows, the R40 Slants are nearly gone. A recent report shows that as of next week, only one set will remain.

I've been wondering: the news covered the retirement of the Redbirds. Does anyone know if the news can cover the retirement of the R40 Slant as well? I mean, c'mon, the Redbirds deserved attention because of their color scheme as well as their longevity in the system. As the R40s are 40 years old now, they deserve attention as well, but if not for their age, then for their unique slanted end that no other car in the entire (NYCT) subway system has.

If anyone knows any inside information as to when the R40s will make their final run, please reply! If anyone knows if the news can cover the R40s retirement, please reply! And finally, if anyone that has close relations with the MTA can make it possible for the R40 to have a final farewell run, please reply!!! The R40s shall not not retire in vain, if they're going to go, let's make them go out in style!

i dunno what does this have to do with a rail fan trip, but the R40 may not be on any news. Notice the R38 were not in any.. Redbirds were yes on the news not only because of the coloring of the train from GOH, but also because they were very old cars comming back from 1959 (R26)...

I dunno if the R32 through 42 would get in the news.. Maybe transit sites would cover it...

Personally I'd like to see something...I shoulda posted this under the BMT/IND forum, but in my opinion, nothing special was seen with the 38s. Notice that the 40s have that unique slant that no other car has. Thta's the only thing special about it. The Redbirds were, well, red. That was the only thing covered when they retired. So the R40s deserve some attention. I strongly believe we should fight for a farewell trip.

Think of the opening intro of nightcourt... The Slants were in that and they were also in the 80s intro for SNL

Heres one from the (A) line in NightCourt

Edited by Warduke

Think of the opening intro of nightcourt... The Slants were in that and they were also in the 80s intro for SNL

Really??? Interesting....