Fanning the IND

LRG

On Friday I left school at 2 and desperately searched for a slant since only two sets remained that day. I was at the uptown 14th Street platform since quarter past two that afternoon and waited by the stairs so I could catch a slant from whatever direction they would be coming from, but nothing for about half an hour. An R32 (A) came instead, guess that would have to suffice. I rode it all the way up to 207th Street. Funny that when we pulled out of 59th Street a slant came (shoulda waited another 5 minutes or so :mad:). Got off to take some picks of the 207th Street Yard. Tried to get some pics of the yard but the retaining wall makes it hard to. Took the (1) at 207th Street afterwards to Van Cortlandt Park and back to 168th Street and waited on the downtown platform. Waited for a Slant for about 10 minutes there, but all that passed were R44s/46s :mad:. At last, a slant came, from the uptown platform. I ran to the steps and crossed over and got on. Stayed in the rear since the train would relay in two minutes because it's rush hour. Rode the slant all the way down to Utica and went home (got home at 6). A bland day, but the R40s cheered me up :-D. Here are some shots:

This pic below was taken from another R40 I was on at 59th Street:

AtrainofR40consistsat59thStreet.jpg

AtrainofR40consistsatInwood-207thSt.jpg

AtrainofR44consistsat168thStreet.jpg

AtrainonR32consistsatInwood-207thSt.jpg

CtrainofR32consistsat168thStreet-1.jpg

168thStreetsignage.jpg

207thStreetYard.jpg

207thStreetYard1.jpg

207thStreetYard2.jpg

207thStreetYard3.jpg

CtrainofR32consistsat168thStreet.jpg

This one below's my favorite:

R32car3890.jpg

R40litsign.jpg

That's all. I took them with my cell phone so sorry if they came out a little crappy!

We were on an uptown slant at 59th while we saw another slant on the downtown platform. This was around 5:30.

Really? What a coincidence! As I was heading home with my mother after doing some shopping, I happened to get on an uptown Slant with her at 59th Street somewhere between 5 and 6 PM. Which car were you guys in? I was towards the back, in 4346/7. (The car with the huge rust stain going down the side). Like I said; what a coincidence!:cool:

Really? What a coincidence! As I was heading home with my mother after doing some shopping, I happened to get on an uptown Slant with her at 59th Street somewhere between 5 and 6 PM. Which car were you guys in? I was towards the back, in 4346/7. (The car with the huge rust stain going down the side). Like I said; what a coincidence!:cool:

Coincidence indeed! I too was at 59th Street at 5:30 on the downtown slant when we met one going uptown at the same time!!!

Archived