R68/R68A's Dominating on the (B)(D)(Q) Lines

Since the R68/R68As are dominating on the (;)(D)(Q) lines what do you guys think about this happening like is there other subway cars you guys want on those lines or keep it the way it is right now. My opinion is keep the things the way it is. And another question if you was in charge of the MTA how long will you keep the R68/R68A's running?

R68/R68As on the (B)(D)(Q) forever

It feels like the R160s are dominating the (Q) right now. Maybe some R68s, and R68As but I keep getting R160A/B on the (Q). The (B)'s been using a lot of R68As lately.

I saw lots of Revenue 68s on the (Q) with 160s as well, so more like half/half

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW i dont see nothing special about the R68 on the (;) and (D) especially the (D) the (D) has been with its 68 since the 80s when they were 44s, so nothing new there, same for (B) which went 68s last and year.................

To be honest i prefer the R40As back on the (B) instead, its much better then the R68s....

The (;) uses nothing but 68s/68As. After the last R40s and R40Ms were pulled from the (B) in January all that can be found are R86s. And yes, R68s are also on the (D). So R68s/68A are found only on the (B), (D) and (Q) and the (S) Franklin.

Has the (N) become R160 only? I remember when the (N) had a mixed package of cars, like 32s, 40s, 40Ms, 42s and 68s. There was even one time when a 46 was on the (N).

Since the R68/R68As are dominating on the (;)(D)(Q) lines what do you guys think about this happening like is there other subway cars you guys want on those lines or keep it the way it is right now. My opinion is keep the things the way it is. And another question if you was in charge of the MTA how long will you keep the R68/R68A's running?

R68/R68As on the (B)(D)(Q) forever

As long as possible on these lines we all know that when these type cars came out they made an impact for these lines that's why R68 R68A models at the top no doubt(K)<R> If ya smellllll what the R68 isss cooking

The (;) uses nothing but 68s/68As. After the last R40s and R40Ms were pulled from the (B) in January all that can be found are R86s. And yes, R68s are also on the (D). So R68s/68A are found only on the (B), (D) and (Q) and the (S) Franklin.

Has the (N) become R160 only? I remember when the (N) had a mixed package of cars, like 32s, 40s, 40Ms, 42s and 68s. There was even one time when a 46 was on the (N).

If you mean R160 Exclusive then no. R160s exclusive can be found on the (M)(N) and (W)

Routes with mix is the (J)(Z) with R160/42, (L) R160/143, (E) R160/32/40M/42, (F) R160/32/40M/42/46, (Q) R160/68/68A

You might just see at least 1 R68/A on the (N) some other days. Last time was in may 2009 in queens..

If you mean R160 Exclusive then no. R160s exclusive can be found on the (M)(N) and (W)

Routes with mix is the (J)(Z) with R160/R42, (E) R160/32/40M/42, (F) R160/32/40M/42/46, (Q) R160/68/68A

You might just see at least 1 R68/A on the (N) some other days. Last time was in may 2009 in queens..

What I mean is that the (Q) uses nothing but R160s. I can't remember the last time a 68 was seen on it.

I am aware that R160s are found on many other lines though.

What I mean is that the (Q) uses nothing but R160s. I can't remember the last time a 68 was seen on it.

I am aware that R160s are found on many other lines though.

umm. Yesterday I was on the Brighton beach line and i saw like 8 sets of R68s on the (Q). the weekends is a big target for 68s`on the (Q), possibly due to the R68s being taken from the (;) at CI. On weekdays more like 2 to 4 sets are running on the (Q). I got pics of the R68s on the (Q) from yesterday will post later tonight~

umm. Yesterday I was on the Brighton beach line and i saw like 8 sets of R68s on the (Q). the weekends is a big target for 68s`on the (Q), possibly due to the R68s being taken from the (;) at CI. On weekdays more like 2 to 4 sets are running on the (Q). I got pics of the R68s on the (Q) from yesterday will post later tonight~

Cool, thanks for the info. It must be my bad timing. :confused:

actully one day last week I saw 9 sets of R68s, 2 sets of R68As and rest were R160s on the (Q)

The R68/As should be able to stay until at least 2025. It's best if they stay on the B and D until the very end since that's where they started running. The R68As will become my favorite trains after the R44s go in 2015 since they carry the best comfort and the most "classical" aspects from the older generations. Since CI would not get any more new trains and the W is not going to be eliminated, the remaining "leftovers" from the B and D would most likely stay on Broadway (Q/W) for another decade or two. This also means that Broadway would be one of the last to CBTC since the R68/As would still be around when the R gets new trains in perhaps 2015-2017.

The R68/As should be able to stay until at least 2025. It's best if they stay on the B and D until the very end since that's where they started running. The R68As will become my favorite trains after the R44s go in 2015 since they carry the best comfort and the most "classical" aspects from the older generations. Since CI would not get any more new trains and the W is not going to be eliminated, the remaining "leftovers" from the B and D would most likely stay on Broadway (Q/W) for another decade or two. This also means that Broadway would be one of the last to CBTC since the R68/As would still be around when the R gets new trains in perhaps 2015-2017.

That's correct, R68s, as well as the R62s, will probably go in 2025, but I'll give them until 2030 because they're both stainless steel cars. Just like the R32s, they'll provide service over 45 years, even though they have a life expectancy of 35 years.

R68A's (5001-5200):

10 sets on the (Q),

10 sets on the (D),

2 sets on the (;),

1 set on the (W),

1 set on the (N) (2 sets on the weekend (N))

1 set on the (G) (Borrowed from the (B)) (Weekends Only when the (G) replaces the (F) between Hoyt-Schemerhorn Sts and Coney Island.)

1 set on the (F) (Borrowed from the (B)) (Weekends only)

1 set on the (R) (Borrowed from the (W)) (Weekends only)

R68's (2500-2924):

15 sets on the (B),

15 sets on the (N),

15 sets on the (W),

5 sets on the (D),

1 sets on the (Q),

1 set on the (S) Franklin Av Shuttle.

1 set on the (G) (Borrowed from the (B)) (Weekends Only when the (G) replaces the (F) between Hoyt-Schemerhorn Sts and Coney Island.)

1 set on the (R) (Borrowed from the (W)) (Weekends Only)

1 set on the (F) (Borrowed from the (B)) (Weekends Only)

1 set on the (E) (Borrowed from the (B)) (Weekends Only)

R160A's and R160B's:

1 or 2 sets on the (B)(N), the rest remain on the (C)(E)(F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(W)(Z)

The ACTUAL assignments for each southern division line are as follows:

B:

14 R68 sets

11 R68A sets

D:

30 R68 sets

N:

23 R160B sets

Q:

7 R68A sets

3 R160A sets

8 R160B sets

W:

3 R68A sets

2 R160A sets

5 R160B sets

Outside of the D which has its own dedicated fleet of R68s from concourse, and the B which can run any of CIYDs R68/As, the southern division fleet is fluid.

ANY R68/R68A/R160A/R160B can show up on any of the three southern division broadway lines, although there is a clear tendency to keep R160s on the N over the Q/W

The actual assignments aren't followed too precisely.

What can be taken from them is that since there are 10 trains of R68/As based out of Coney Island which are not needed for the B or surplus, these 10 trains will be found on one of the other three lines based out of Coney Island(N Q W)

As there is no current plan to change the current Coney Island fleet to my knowledge, I expect this to stay relatively stable until the procurement of the R179 fleet.

No R160s are going to 8th Avenue/Fulton. When the first R179s come, it is expected that both the A snd C becomes all R46s.

umm lets not bring up the R179s we dunno where they are going, nor its looks, so lets keep the future on hold..

Archived