R40 Slants last day is tommorrow

R32 3838

I ended up catching the R40s northbound at Jay Street right after I stepped off the (F). I rode the train all the way to 207th Street and then back to Lefferts, a trip of several hours during which I remembered how awful the R40s' seats really are.

I got off at Lefferts and took an R44 to 104th Street/Oxford Avenue, where I crossed over and photographed the R40s going back toward Manhattan. I then exited the station and walked two blocks north to 101st Avenue, where I caught the Q8 to Jamaica for lunch.

After having lunch in Jamaica, and walking around for a while, I took a R160 (J) train from Sutphin/Archer to Broadway Junction to transfer to the (A) to go home. The R40 set showed up yet again at Broadway Junction (only had to wait one minute for it) and I took it to Hoyt-Schermerhorn, where I got off and then walked home from there.

All in all, a very successful (and lucky) day. But I'm never riding the (A) end to end again, I can tell you that... it's cruel and unusual punishment ;)

I ended up catching the R40s northbound at Jay Street right after I stepped off the (F). I rode the train all the way to 207th Street and then back to Lefferts, a trip of several hours during which I remembered how awful the R40s' seats really are.

I got off at Lefferts and took an R44 to 104th Street/Oxford Avenue, where I crossed over and photographed the R40s going back toward Manhattan. I then exited the station and walked two blocks north to 101st Avenue, where I caught the Q8 to Jamaica for lunch.

After having lunch in Jamaica, and walking around for a while, I took a R160 (J) train from Sutphin/Archer to Broadway Junction to transfer to the (A) to go home. The R40 set showed up yet again at Broadway Junction (only had to wait one minute for it) and I took it to Hoyt-Schermerhorn, where I got off and then walked home from there.

All in all, a very successful (and lucky) day. But I'm never riding the (A) end to end again, I can tell you that... it's cruel and unusual punishment ;)

I rode the (A) end to end with my dad back when I was 11. I fell asleep on that thing, WHOO!

it's the ninth, so should i update the datasheet?

Well, the R40s haven't retired yet, there's still one set running as I write this. Wait till midnight and a T/O may confirm it.

Archived