Favorite new tech car

trainfan22

Favorite New Tech Car  

1. 1. Favorite New Tech Car

R142A tops my list due to the sound of it accelerating. I'm also fond of the R110 twins, as they look nice and seem to be pretty cool, but I never got the opportunity to ride one :). The R143/R160 just looks fat to me from what I've seen, but I've never ridden one. That Siemens one sounds pretty cool though.

R142A tops my list due to the sound of it accelerating. I'm also fond of the R110 twins, as they look nice and seem to be pretty cool, but I never got the opportunity to ride one :). The R143/R160 just looks fat to me from what I've seen, but I've never ridden one. That Siemens one sounds pretty cool though.

Why hurt the trains feelin' callin' it fat. Or do you mean phat (pretty hot and tempting, IIRC).

The R143, and R160B (early units) are all second due to that acceleration/deceleration sound (Adtranz propulsion). The R143 and R160B (early units) has the same sound as the R142A. The R142A is 3rd, due to the cars being smaller. I'm a small man, so naturally I like the bigger trains to make up for it.

The R143, and R160B (early units) are all second due to that acceleration/deceleration sound (Adtranz propulsion). The R143 and R160B (early units) has the same sound as the R142A. The R142A is 3rd, due to the cars being smaller. I'm a small man, so naturally I like the bigger trains to make up for it.

What? I thought that the R160A and R160B cars 8713-8842 all have Alstom ONIX AC Propulsion. And 8843-8972 have Siemens Propulsion.

I've never gotten on a Siemens R160B though. Has that second set finished testing yet?

What? I thought that the R160A and R160B cars 8713-8842 all have Alstom ONIX AC Propulsion. And 8843-8972 have Siemens Propulsion.

I've never gotten on a Siemens R160B though. Has that second set finished testing yet?

I thought the 160B (early units) had the same sound like the R143 and 142A, and the 160A had the sound like the R142. :confused:. Anyways, the Siemens propulsion still rules on subway cars.

Of ALL train propulsion (rail, subway, LRV, etc...), the NJT Arrow III RULEZ! :D Only if they would call me. It would be GOOD-BYE TEE YAY!

Of ALL train propulsion (rail, subway, LRV, etc...), the NJT Arrow III RULEZ! :( Only if they would call me. It would be GOOD-BYE TEE YAY!
Don't get me started on Arrow III's propulsion. Thats just the best thing you can hear on a railroad. Those things are great on M&E Line particularly on the Gladstone Branch.

Don't get me started on Arrow III's propulsion. Thats just the best thing you can hear on a railroad. Those things are great on M&E Line particularly on the Gladstone Branch.

I wanna get you started. Bring it, Pablo! I hear they will be retiring them in the next several years. That's gonna suck. But things change for the better, they say.

I wanna get you started. Bring it, Pablo! I hear they will be retiring them in the next several years. That's gonna suck. But things change for the better, they say.

Haha. Well, about them Arrow IIIs being replaced in a few years, yea its gonna suck big time, but NJT still dunno what they're going to replace the Arrow IIIs with. I say keep them longer, those things are real railroad horses.

Haha. Well, about them Arrow IIIs being replaced in a few years, yea its gonna suck big time, but NJT still dunno what they're going to replace the Arrow IIIs with. I say keep them longer, those things are real railroad horses.

They should replace them with new cars that look exactly the same (I mean exactly), but would have modern amenities. The propulsion should sound the same, but be newer. Of course they brake handle and controller would be one, like most (if not all) new electric train are.

Oh, I would just love to operate one of those babies. I wonder if NJT still has my application for L/E.

They should replace them with new cars that look exactly the same (I mean exactly), but would have modern amenities. The propulsion should sound the same, but be newer. Of course they brake handle and controller would be one, like most (if not all) new electric train are.

Oh, I would just love to operate one of those babies. I wonder if NJT still has my application for L/E.

Should've started low at like conductor and work your way up. Thats always a good start entering a railroad. It takes a while to get to engineer, especially trying to start directly as an engineer.

Should've started low at like conductor and work your way up. Thats always a good start entering a railroad. It takes a while to get to engineer, especially trying to start directly as an engineer.

I have no money handling experience. My jobs except one (camp counselor) basically involved operating machinery (ride operator, warehouse associate, serviced rental cars, school bus driver, Pro motorcoach operator, and Transit B/O).

I thought the 160B (early units) had the same sound like the R143 and 142A, and the 160A had the sound like the R142. :confused:. Anyways, the Siemens propulsion still rules on subway cars.

Well, the R160A and early R160B have the same sound as the R142.

What does the Siemens propulsion sound like? Well, I don't expect anyone to give an adequate answer to that, but do any other subway cars in NYC or something have that propulsion?

....you know what, I'll just go on youtube...

Check out the TTMG sounds page.

http://www.ttmg.org/soundsb.html

Well, there are two choices,

theres this: [mp3]http://www.ttmg.org/sounds/tlogan/NYCS_Kawasaki_8852.mp3[/mp3] (R160B 8852) Makes ya jump when you think its a regular R160 coming in then you hear it slow down and your like, holy crap. Happened to me, Trevor, and SBK waiting for a (Q) and heard that thing approach us, slow down, and stop, and we said, forget the (Q), we getting on this thing. Thats how Trev got this recording.

and theres this: [mp3]http://www.ttmg.org/sounds/tlogan/NYCS_Kawasaki_8210.mp3[/mp3] (R143 8210) Damn, I wish I was around the transit scene when that thing had Siemens Propulsion. Must've sounded great throughout the entire (L) line......

1. The R142A is my favorite because the HAVAC is quieter and there is no delay when the display changes.

2. Escuse the stupid question, but whats the difference between a R160A and a R160B?

3. I hope those Arrow IIIs don't go too! They are my favorite NJT cars!

Well, the R160A and early R160B have the same sound as the R142.

What does the Siemens propulsion sound like? Well, I don't expect anyone to give an adequate answer to that, but do any other subway cars in NYC or something have that propulsion?

....you know what, I'll just go on youtube...

I think it is on there.

Archived