Spider Baby

DOB2RTO

Actually it's a little girl in India born with a "parasitic twin". A parasitic twin is a baby born with a undeveloped twin attached to it. There is a whole lot of different ways a parasitic twin can look. Let me explain.

When a female releases one egg and it gets fertilized it sometimes splits into two. That is how identical twins are made. When a female releases two eggs at the same time and both get fertilized, fraternal twins are born. Parasitic twins are suppose to be identical twins (made from the same egg). What happens is the egg starts to split, but stops before fully splitting. If it stops later in reproductin, Siamese twins are formed. They are fully developed but attached in some way. Sometimes its just but skin, others by organs or bones. If it stops earlier in reproduction, then what happens is some limbs or parts are formed on the parasitic twin, while the other fully develops. Since the egg is still one, what happens is the developed limbs, face, organs, etc...,are on the developed twin. What this can mean is babies born with 4 legs, 4 arms, two faces on one head (one normal, the other attached to the side), a twin partially sticking out (feet and buttocks hanging from body), sometimes the undeveloped twin is inside the body of the developed one. I wouldn't mind the two extra arms, as long as they are from by back. That way I wouldn't have to reach around to scratch or wipe my rear end.

This little girl has a parasitic twin. She has the arms, legs, spine, and some extra organs of the undeveloped one. As usual they usually come from undeveloped countries. Hope you have a strong stomach, or are not squeamish.

Story: http://news.aol.com/story/_a/girl-with-eight-limbs-undergoes-surgery/20071106081709990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Is the rate this thread new?

I just heard she went thru with the surgery and is doing fine. Bless her for a speedy recovery.

Yep. She has more surgeries to go through, to reconstruct her pelvis and some other things. Hopefully she will live a normal life after all is said and done.

Some people think that she is a god, according to FOX 5 last night.

who knows, maybe she might be a god...

but still lets all hope she goes through the recovery because if she doesn't, it would be kinda weird to walk around with 4 legs...

Actually she can't walk due to the 4 legs. In India there is a goddess with 4 arms and 4 legs they pray to. It suppose to bring them wealth and etc...

Archived