BERA: IRT R-17 #6688

Harry

Yours truly behind the controls. Thanks to Zach for recording it. They're really quick videos so it won't take too much of your time. Thanks for watching.

First, a quick report on the conditions from Zach Bauer. :tup:

Second, here comes 6688 with me behind the controls. :cool:

I had a blast and it is always fun.

Heh...I see you guys got your videos up. It was fun chilling with you guys and you all did a pretty good job operating the car for the first times.

This wasn't our first time for neither of us. Harry and Zach had been there last year and my first time at BERA was with you last month. I got a video of Harry operating but I haven't had time to upload it. Here is my video, thanks for recording it Harry. :tup:

The cars have an overhead trolley pole. BERA uses catenary. ;)

We don't use catenary, we use trolley wire. The drifferecne is that cantenary has a supporting wire directly above it while trolley wire does not.

How long is the operation for a person usually?

Depends on how fast/slow you are and how many times you go into emergency :P. Also depends on track conditions, and how many people are on/walking around the track which many do as it is a scenic line.

Safe money is on about 5-7 minutes in each direction for a total distance of about 2+ miles.

Archived