Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
CPBO

Brooklyn Pedicab Accident Injures Three People

A pedicab crashed into a yellow taxi this morning, critically injuring the driver and two passengers sitting inside the rickshaw, police said.

The accident occurred at 7:27 a.m. on Broadway and Bedford Street near the approach to the Williamsburg Bridge's bike lane.

The accident caused the pedicab to snap in half.

The victims were not immediately identified.

Two of the injured were taken to Bellevue Hospital; the other to Woodhull Hospital.

All three were listed in critical condition with head injuries.

Drive a MCI in Manhattan......these guys pull in front of you like it's nothing......they should be banned Mr. Mike Bloomberg......or maybe they go good with your new garbage mall you created in Times Square......:tdown::tdown::tdown:

A pedicab crashed into a yellow taxi this morning, critically injuring the driver and two passengers sitting inside the rickshaw, police said.

The accident occurred at 7:27 a.m. on Broadway and Bedford Street near the approach to the Williamsburg Bridge's bike lane.

The accident caused the pedicab to snap in half.

The victims were not immediately identified.

Two of the injured were taken to Bellevue Hospital; the other to Woodhull Hospital.

All three were listed in critical condition with head injuries.

Drive a MCI in Manhattan......these guys pull in front of you like it's nothing......they should be banned Mr. Mike Bloomberg......or maybe they go good with your new garbage mall you created in Times Square......:tdown::tdown::tdown:

I don't like them they are a henderance to Traffic and they are dangerous as they are not insured

Uh guys i was hit by a cab in 2005. It was probably the cab's fault, as they always edge into places & do crazy stupid things just to get a tip.

Not only is a pedicab ride safe, fun, relaxing, and great for when you're with that special someone, but it harkens back to the old days when horses pulled wagons, and keeps the air much cleaner.

- A

I'm not one to defend taxi drivers, but have you seen some of the cyclists in this city? I've almost gotten clipped a number of times by these fixie goons or messengers darting past red lights.

Those pedicabs are stupid, they dont belong in NYC. You couldnt PAY ME to get on one of those. Id rather walk. The guys driving them are kinda shady also, I mean who the hell would want to pedal people around for a small wage every day? Its like a bad joke yet Bloomberg loves it because he can tax them and get some of that money in his pocket.

I'm not one to defend taxi drivers, but have you seen some of the cyclists in this city? I've almost gotten clipped a number of times by these fixie goons or messengers darting past red lights.

make no mistake driving in Manhattan is like driving thru a mine field......when I do express it is like I am on a mission for the military and I got 4 heads....

Uh guys i was hit by a cab in 2005. It was probably the cab's fault, as they always edge into places & do crazy stupid things just to get a tip.

Not only is a pedicab ride safe, fun, relaxing, and great for when you're with that special someone, but it harkens back to the old days when horses pulled wagons, and keeps the air much cleaner.

pppffff ooookkk then......its like playing russian roulette with your life you mean??

- A

I wouldn't totally ban pedicabs but I would restrict them to Central Park. A pedicab can't be in the same lane as a coach bus or semi. It's dangerous.

Have any of you actually used one? I'm guessing not. They are not dangerous, nor are they uninsured, state and city law requires that they have both a TLC permit and insurance. One or 2 bike messengers in a city of hundreds of them does not mean they all act that way. Also, restrict them to central park? They are cabs, not novelty fun rides. The 7 person bike in times square, that is a fun ride and restricted to times sq. How many car accidents are there in NYC each day, why don't they ban cars instead. Hello there's a subway & bus system?

- A

A yello and a pedo crashes into one another. With the sometimes careless act of both, it was just a matter of time. I hated yellow babs more when I drove motorcoaches in Midtown, but those pedi cabs, I would just get close to them, and with 12ft high, 45ft, of 25ton vehicle, they moved out the way quickly......

They are romantic, if you don't have a car. The Central park horse/buggy ride is more romantic, until the smell of the horse crap, hits you in the face. As for the pedi cabs being cleaner, what if the driver (aka pedi-file), stinks????

A yello and a pedo crashes into one another. With the sometimes careless act of both, it was just a matter of time. I hated yellow babs more when I drove motorcoaches in Midtown, but those pedi cabs, I would just get close to them, and with 12ft high, 45ft, of 25ton vehicle, they moved out the way quickly......

They are romantic, if you don't have a car. The Central park horse/buggy ride is more romantic, until the smell of the horse crap, hits you in the face. As for the pedi cabs being cleaner, what if the driver (aka pedi-file), stinks????

that is just funny!!! :):P:P