R142 announcement ? for (7)<7>?

FamousNYLover

I am trying to figure what kind of announcement R142 will make at 45th Rd-Hunters Point Av, Court House Sq, Queensboro Plaza, 74th St-Broadway, Junction Blvd, 111th St, Mets-Willets Point, Flushing-Main St.

Here is my guess.

Hunters Point Av PM Rush Hour

"This is Hunters Point Av. Connection is avaialble to LIRR."

45th Rd-Court House Sq.

"This is 45th Rd-Court House Square. Free transfer is available to (E)(G)(V) at Court Sq/23rd St-Ely Av Station by using your MetroCard."

"This is 45th Rd-Court House Square. Free transfer is available to (E)(V) at 23rd St-Ely Av and (G) at Court Sq stations by using your MetroCard.

Queensboro Plaza

On (7).

"This is Queensboro Plaza. Transfer is available to <7> express, (N) and (W) train."

"This is Queensboro Plaza. Transfer is available to (N)(W) and <7> express.

On <7>.

"This is Queensboro Plaza. Transfer is available to (7) local, (N) and (W) train."

"This is Queensboro Plaza. Transfer is available to (N)(W) and <7> local.

61st St-Woodside.

"This is 61st St-Woodside. Transfer is available to (7)<7> and connection is available to LIRR."

"This is 61st St-Woodside. Connection is available to LIRR."

74th St-Broadway.

"This is 74th St-Broadway. Transfer is availble to (E)(F)(G)(R)(V). Transfer is availble to Q33, Q47 bus to LaGuardia Airport."

Weekday

"This is 74th St-Broadway. Transfer is availble to (E)(F)(R)(V). Transfer is availble to Q33, Q47 bus to LaGuardia Airport."

Weekend

"This is 74th St-Broadway. Transfer is availble to (E)(F)(G)(R). Transfer is availble to Q33, Q47 bus to LaGuardia Airport."

Late Night

"This is 74th St-Broadway. Transfer is availble to (E)(F)(G). Transfer is availble to Q33, Q47 bus to LaGuardia Airport."

Junction Blvd:

"This is Junction Blvd. Transfer is available to (7)<7> and Q72 bus to LaGuardia Airport."

"This is Junction Blvd. Transfer is available to Q72 bus to LaGuardia Airport."

111th St.

"This is 111th St. Transfer is available to Q48 bus to LaGuardia Airport."

Mets-Willets Point:

"This is Mets-Willets Point. Transfer is available to Q48 bus to LaGuardia Airport."

Game Days

Flushing-Main St.

"This is Flushing-Main St. Transfer is availble to Q48 bus to LaGuardia Airport. Connection is available to LIRR."

Can someone correct me please? What kind of R142 announcement if it was using (2)(4)(5)(6) cars?

dont think about it that R142 will go to (7) right now

or straight ahead? is R142 really going to (7).

when (6) line need R142. dont have anxiety attack

when or if R142 come to (7) in 2014?

or when R179 get build , R142 will by then go to (7).

(MTA) might not known if R142 might go to (7).

when (6) need R142 .

when (6) need R142 .

I was only curios what kind announcement R142 will make especially at 45th Rd because of two station complex (E)(G)(V).

I know 59th St says, "walking"

i doubt it will say transfer is available to the <7> express. It doesn't on the (6). or at least i dont think so.

..........Well if you never been to the Bronx then you are wrong. The <6> does say it:

Example R142/A:

Jessica: "This is, Hunts - Point Avenue"

Charlie: "Transfer is available to the (6) Local"

I think it does for the (6) Local to <6> exp, but i use the <6> mainly then (6) local when i need to..

Same would apply to the (7) to <7> Exp and opposite. so the (6) and (7) has similar features, such as Diamond service and being a single line in a borough, (6) from Bronx and (7) in Queens and Manhattan, both have its <6> Pelham and <7> Flushing service for there line.

~~~~~~~~~~~

when (6) need R142 .

Ummm ...... ok you really lost me now. The R142A is going on (7) from (6) Westchester once CBTC begins. The R179 is ONLY for IND/BMT , Not IRT. R188 will be for the IRT (7) for CBTC. Which is expected to start once R179 makes wave.. And hes question isnt regarding car assignment, hes on about announcements on the Flushing IRT, you should re-read it bro...

anyways back on topic..

@Yuki- Seems right, but i dunno if they will keep saying ~ Transfer to the Q48 to LGA" at every stop its at on the (7), maybe the first stop where the 48 heads on and last.

As for the personality, its unknown, unless a worker here can record a voice, it might just be old and needs an update. I dunno if the announcer is from the Broadway IRT or East side IRT. Who knows if its the same announcer who does the IND/BMT Lines, i think there was a video on this site that showed you who was making the voice on the R142, can't remember now

Yuki:

Those seem right, except you don't need to keep repeating the buses. And eventually there won't be a MetroCard-only transfer at Court House Sq -- they're building a direct connection there.

ah no wonder i saw construction there, when is that gonna be done?

As far as "Transfer is available to the <6> express," yes, Jessica says that at Hunts Point Av. I found this out when my <6> decided to become a (6) at Parkchester and the announcements were changed as well.

For Yuki, this is only my opinion, but based off of the fact that the R160 (F) does not announce a transfer to the PATH at 34th St & 23rd St, but ONLY at 14th St (southbound, I don't know about northbound), I'm going to say that the (7) might only announce a transfer to the Q48 at 111th St ONLY being that it is the closest connection to LGA. Your other announcements seem likely to be the ones they have, although since they probably haven't updated them, the Q72 is probably not in there right now. They probably will announce the transfer to the respective (7) or <7>. Good guesses, but we'll just have to wait a long time to find out what is really said.

As far as "Transfer is available to the <6> express," yes, Jessica says that at Hunts Point Av. I found this out when my <6> decided to become a (6) at Parkchester and the announcements were changed as well.

For Yuki, this is only my opinion, but based off of the fact that the R160 (F) does not announce a transfer to the PATH at 34th St & 23rd St, but ONLY at 14th St (southbound, I don't know about northbound), I'm going to say that the (7) might only announce a transfer to the Q48 at 111th St ONLY being that it is the closest connection to LGA. Your other announcements seem likely to be the ones they have, although since they probably haven't updated them, the Q72 is probably not in there right now. They probably will announce the transfer to the respective (7) or <7>. Good guesses, but we'll just have to wait a long time to find out what is really said.

Its also said at 138th and 3rd ave btw

@Yuki

I found this on youtube the Voice of This is Williets Point- Shea Staduim, I dunno whos voice is this, but the one who posted it said its real, from some T/O who played with the R142/A at Fordham on the (4):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOi9YT77W_g

Archived