LAST day for R40 Slants!

LRG

Okay people, this is it. Today is absolutely the last day that an R40 Slant will ever be seen in revenue service, so get your rides today, because the R160s and R46s are bumping them out. I repeat, THE LAST DAY! Get a ride, or you'll regret it.

Also because there is only one set of slants left, the best places to wait for one would be at Chambers, Broadway-Nassau or High Streets, in case anyone is wondering.

My God, it's actually happening. Knew this day would come but it's here now. I will really miss these trains. The R40S's were so much fun to ride on. I will always remember them. The subway will be less interesting without them on the tracks.

Oh, wow, so this is really it? I first saw the R40 Slant on the (:( when I was on a field trip during the 1st or 2nd grade. I fell in love with it almost instantly, due to its unique, sort of futuristic design, that I believe makes even the most modern cars look dull. I loved the RFW, the acceleration, the seating, just about everything. I wish the TA could have overhauled the slants like the R44/46, and outfitted them with LED signs and such, but I'm sad to see them go.

I'm actually coming back to the city today, It'll probably be a 4-5hr drive. Does anyone know if the remaining cars will still be in service tonight, maybe around 8-10PM?

Oh, wow, so this is really it? I first saw the R40 Slant on the (:( when I was on a field trip during the 1st or 2nd grade. I fell in love with it almost instantly, due to its unique, sort of futuristic design, that I believe makes even the most modern cars look dull. I loved the RFW, the acceleration, the seating, just about everything. I wish the TA could have overhauled the slants like the R44/46, and outfitted them with LED signs and such, but I'm sad to see them go.

I'm actually coming back to the city today, It'll probably be a 4-5hr drive. Does anyone know if the remaining cars will still be in service tonight, maybe around 8-10PM?

Maybe, it depends. Wiat at Chambers Street and you'll be lucky.

Everyone, dont fret; a pair of slants will be saved for the TM. Coming soon...stainless steel museum fleet.

I think it would be more like a 1/5 stainless steel and 4/5 carbon steel museum when coupled with a pair of R32, R38, R40M, and R42.

It's ok... Well at least I made it back to the city in one piece. If it makes it to the museum, I will take a visit.

Actually railfans were begging the drivers to make a run back to 207th after Far Rockaway...no idea as to what happened.

All of the R46s are at Pitkin, I think. As of Thursday, all of them but one were there, which is why there was still one slant running. That set has probably been transferred already. This means Pitkin has R46s 6126-6258. However, I know that 6194-6197 wasn't transferred as of Thursday because one of the motors in that set was a test motor (or something like that) which is why it wasn't transferred. That means it might still be at Jamaica.

All of the R46s are at Pitkin, I think. As of Thursday, all of them but one were there, which is why there was still one slant running. That set has probably been transferred already. This means Pitkin has R46s 6126-6258. However, I know that 6194-6197 wasn't transferred as of Thursday because one of the motors in that set was a test motor (or something like that) which is why it wasn't transferred. That means it might still be at Jamaica.

so no more R46s at Jamaica

There are still R46s at Jamaica, but some of the R46s were displaced from Jamaica to Pitkin to push out the slants. The R46s that used to be at Jamaica but now at Pitkin is because of the R160s coming in, which run on the (E) and the (F).

Archived