When will the (C) get newer cars?

ctrain

When the R32s retire and more trains run out, they would be turned into 10 car trains as the R46s slowly move in. Rumors have it that the A train would be mostly R32s since there would eventually be just enough to cover 26 trains, while the remainder are R46s. Finally, the C is rumored to be entirely R46 and R44. I personally think it's ridiculous to input 60 ft trains as a majority on the A since there would be less seats altogether when comparing with the capacity of the R44/R46. My view is that the A should be entirely 75 ft trains with entirely R44 and R46, while the R46s from the F continue to displace the 10 car R32s left on the C.

When the R32s retire and more trains run out, they would be turned into 10 car trains as the R46s slowly move in. Rumors have it that the A train would be mostly R32s since there would eventually be just enough to cover 26 trains, while the remainder are R46s. Finally, the C is rumored to be entirely R46 and R44. I personally think it's ridiculous to input 60 ft trains as a majority on the A since there would be less seats altogether when comparing with the capacity of the R44/R46. My view is that the A should be entirely 75 ft trains with entirely R44 and R46, while the R46s from the F continue to displace the 10 car R32s left on the C.

Passenger flow is more important than seat availability at rush hour. The R32s will also be distributed among both lines, like the other two cars as well.

The R44/46s are going to be on the (C) hopefully in the Fall when they get extended to 8/10 car trains. As for the R160s, don't count on it as they are going to Jamaica.

umm I thought first the R40M/R42 at Jamaica would get kicked out before the R32 on the (A)(C) would get kicked?

Passenger flow is more important than seat availability at rush hour. The R32s will also be distributed among both lines, like the other two cars as well.
In that case, why are the Q passengers complaining about their R68As taken away?

When the R32s retire and more trains run out, they would be turned into 10 car trains as the R46s slowly move in..

The R32 ©s are going to be 10-cars later? The 75 foot R44/R46/R68 are 8 cars full-length. Being 15 feet longer per car makes full-length trains at 8 cars.

In that case, why are the Q passengers complaining about their R68As taken away?

Non peak hours, trains with most seats work best and dwell time isn't as much of an issues. It is interesting that are a considerable amount of complaints from Q passengers about the R160 having less seats than the R68 and not from N passengers.

It is interesting that are a considerable amount of complaints from Q passengers about the R160 having less seats than the R68 and not from N passengers.

Probaly because the (Q) has more ridership than the (N). Also, the (N) line ridership in Astoria mostly is hipters and yuppies that think that if their home subway line doesn't have the newest cars then its being negelcted by the MTA. I remeber reading a blog that was made by an (F) line rider and he thought that the (F) was being negelcted by the MTA because it had the R46.

Also, the (N) line ridership in Astoria mostly is hipters and yuppies that think that if their home subway line doesn't have the newest cars then its being negelcted by the MTA. I remeber reading a blog that was made by an (F) line rider and he thought that the (F) was being negelcted by the MTA because it had the R46.

Wow, those people piss me off! :mad:

Selfish pigs!

• 2 weeks later...

There are only 264 R32s left in service. That's 26 10-car trains with 4 left over. The transition to the (A) must be very near, if not here already. However, with 60 cars at Jamaica, there are only 204 cars at Pitkin to run on the (A)(C). I do not see how that could provide enough cars for the (A), especially at rush hour.

Archived