Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
KNIGHTRIDER3:16

Old MCI Staten Island buses

I like them better than the newer ones because I like the engine better and the green signs better. It's also a rare enjoyable occurence for me to see one from CP since they barely have any. I saw 1901 not in service today and 7253 on the Qm1a today.

Guest Charles

On the overall, LaGuardia's MCIs, whether old or new, are maintained pretty well. I was on 1884 the other day.

I would, however, like to see the Triboro Orion V CNGs make another appearance on their express lines. That would be cool.

I had 1903 on the QM1A about 2 Fridays ago around 5pm and despite the bus being packed it was a nice ride. The A/C could have been stronger but it didn't pull an 8580 on me so I shouldn't complain.

I like them better than the newer ones because I like the engine better and the green signs better. It's also a rare enjoyable occurence for me to see one from CP since they barely have any. I saw 1901 not in service today and 7253 on the Qm1a today.

not true pal on this one we have 1901 1903 1956 1958 1907 and 2 1800's

not true pal on this one we have 1901 1903 1956 1958 1907 and 2 1800's

The others are 1876, 1896, 1955 (which I have shot on the QM4), and 1957.

Also, 1888 and 1894 are at Stengel, and 1908 went from Spring Creek BACK to Yukon, and now has a white back.

from a bus operators point of view the 1800's & 1900's have 4 problems

1. to kneel the bus you have to pull the parking brake, put the bus in neutral, then kneel the bus.

2. most of the buttons on the dash have no labels so you have to flip everything up or down to see what the function is.

3. if you pull the parking brake & don't release it within 30 seconds the bus automatically shifts to neutral without the usual beeping sound, this is dangerous because you think the bus is in drive and it starts to roll back while you're accelerating.

4. the retarder (a mechanism that helps the braking of the bus) really kicks in hard, it feels like someone has rear-ended you.

i might sound picky but these are my personal issues with these 1800's & 1900's

Not likely b/c of mileage and Maint. The 7420's are road calling just about daily. Idon't see 1800's coming to Yonkers unless for GOH. If they do I'll grab one(NYCT)

They are there for storage purposes...for now. 1860-2039 were leased to the MTA. Perhaps that will expire soon? If I'm not mistaken, the MTA is slated to receive X3-45 Prevosts starting next year? That may be their replacements.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I highly doubt they are there for service as either 1880 or 1881 (I believe the latter) has a sign in it saying the bus has a defect.

I don't see ECH actually running any of the 2200s in service. I see them all going to SC and bumping CNGs to CP with more 9800s going to WF. I'd like YON or CP to get some but it probably won't happen

We are getting more and more CP MCI's and they are hold for work to the point we barely make service. We were given the 7400's to fill in for the busted CP buses until the bus swap is done. However I'll take a TA MCI to try out and have something different than the 3000's to break up the monatany(NYCT)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I highly doubt they are there for service as either 1880 or 1881 (I believe the latter) has a sign in it saying the bus has a defect.

I don't see ECH actually running any of the 2200s in service. I see them all going to SC and bumping CNGs to CP with more 9800s going to WF. I'd like YON or CP to get some but it probably won't happen

Actually, it may be the few remaining RTSs that leave SC first, possibly for the ECH graveyard. Even 708 (the original demo with luggage racks) has been downgraded to local duty.

As for WF/CP, are 6018-9 still at West Farms?

Actually, it may be the few remaining RTSs that leave SC first, possibly for the ECH graveyard. Even 708 (the original demo with luggage racks) has been downgraded to local duty.

As for WF/CP, are 6018-9 still at West Farms?

Currently there are no RTS' at Spring Creek.

We are getting more and more CP MCI's and they are hold for work to the point we barely make service. We were given the 7400's to fill in for the busted CP buses until the bus swap is done. However I'll take a TA MCI to try out and have something different than the 3000's to break up the monatany(NYCT)

I am A 3000 MCI man and the only thing those 1800-1900 have over the 3000 is accel , the ride on the old (1)'s is rough and our cab area is smaller the seat doen't go back all the way it's uncomfortable for us and at C PT we need to be all 3000 <4>EXP service (K)<R>

I didn't even know the MTA had MCIs like that.

They were leased from Greyhound or something like that during the Grumman incident.