Old MCI Staten Island buses

KNIGHTRIDER3:16

4904 should still be at Spring Creek, but that bus is a museum bus though. I hope to see that bus at the bus roadeo, I never been on an CNG RTS. Btw does anybody know if 10001 is still at JFK? A few months ago I tried looking for that bus at JFK depot (Most of the buses are stored outside and theres windows on the garage where you can see mostly everything inside the depot) and I cound'nt find it. I wonder if its at Far Rocaway or Zeraga.

9717 is at LGA, I seen it there today. I rode by the SC/Varsity lots yesterday on the Q8, GMC RTS 383 from Command bus still extist, but its partly cannbalized. The rear side engine panel is missing and the front doors are missing. In the varsity lot thats the only PBL bus that I saw, I assume the rest were scrapped. I would have gotten off and taken at pic but the area is shady.

9717 is at LGA, I seen it there today. I rode by the SC/Varsity lots yesterday on the Q8, GMC RTS 383 from Command bus still extist, but its partly cannbalized. The rear side engine panel is missing and the front doors are missing. In the varsity lot thats the only PBL bus that I saw, I assume the rest were scrapped. I would have gotten off and taken at pic but the area is shady.

there's nothing around there in the first place....you will be ok.I know they're projects around there,but they're far alway.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeterday I rode 1863 on the BM4, first time riding an 1800 MCI. These buses are pretty cool, the A/C was good and it had strong takeoff. I rode an 2200 MCI on the BM1 on monday, thats an nice bus as well. To be honest from a passenger POV there isn't much of a noticeable diffence between the 1800s and 2200s IMO. 1800s are a bit faster though but I was shocked that this particar 1800 I rode yesterday was in such good condidtion hard to belive that it will be retiring soon. Must be Spring Creek's great maintence. I gotta ride an 18xx MCI out of an raggedy Depot like one of the SI depots or UP to see if they are in the same condtition as the SC 1800s.

there's nothing around there in the first place....you will be ok.I know they're projects around there,but they're far alway.

Actually, the bus is 351, which was always owned by Varsity/Command, in the back of the lot with three scrapped school buses.

Also, I believe 1012 sits on the west end of the lot.

Yeterday I rode 1863 on the BM4, first time riding an 1800 MCI. These buses are pretty cool, the A/C was good and it had strong takeoff. I rode an 2200 MCI on the BM1 on monday, thats an nice bus as well. To be honest from a passenger POV there isn't much of a noticeable diffence between the 1800s and 2200s IMO. 1800s are a bit faster though but I was shocked that this particar 1800 I rode yesterday was in such good condidtion hard to belive that it will be retiring soon. Must be Spring Creek's great maintence. I gotta ride an 18xx MCI out of an raggedy Depot like one of the SI depots or UP to see if they are in the same condtition as the SC 1800s.

Did you say from a POV between 1800 and 2200 how about those chairs ,they are lower then the 2200 and 3000 not to mention the smell don't cha love that new bus smell LOL I do but your right on the ACCL they do have A faster take off not to mention some go faster then 3000 and 2200 Queens Vill has some fast bad boys I know I was moovin and this <Q>(V) blew right past me (K)<R>

Archived