What cars will the (T) have?

ctrain

10 years? hahah thats funny!

For the (T) to come Phase III has to be done. Phase I is supposed to be done in 2015, if things go to schedule, which probably won't happen. And they might not even start Phase II right after Phase I, so forget about the (T) for a while.

I'd say we would see the (T) by 2050 the earliest.

They pushed the date for the SAS opening back to 2016. This was in the news a while ago.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRB43) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

When the first segment of the (T) opens, it will probably be only to 34th or 42nd (whatever that next stop below the connection is. And then after that, 14th. So it will still be more of a branch of the (Q), and have a very small fleet. So it will probably at that time just share with the (Q). When it becomes the full length line, then it would probably have a separate fleet based from Jamaica.

It could be either, as there were plans to expand either Jamaica OR CIYD for Second Av. Though it seems the space that was considered in CI is having something else done with it; not sure what.

The best thing would have been the idea to gain a section of Sunnyside yard, which would be close to the line, as well as storing cars from other nearby midtown lines.

Phase 3, which introduced the (T) line, will be from 72nd St. all the way to Houston St. with stops at 55th, 42nd, 34th, 23rd, 14th, and Houston Sts.

Is the T even needed south of 63rd St. I can understand that the Lexington is horrible north of 63rd St, but south of it feels just as fine as 6th Avenue.

It's needed more north of 63rd, but Phase III will be done by 2025 at the earliest. In 2030 the NYC population will increase to 9 million, up from the current 8.2 million. So population pressures will cause demand for it to be built as well.

Err, I don't know what you are talking about here. How completing Phase I completing the entire SAS, as in all four phases? That doesn't make sense.

NVM, I was originally correcting you that Phase I will open in 2016 and not 2015. Then you clarified that it was just Phase I and not the entire SAS, but I got confused after that. All that was said, basically, was that the first phase of the SAS will open in 2016.

Archived